KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,022,158 Trump card
1,339,365 Picture Thread
478,154 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Kaotic #87037 04/09/11 05:37 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
And let me say, just since we're quoting figures, I pay roughly $225 a PAY PERIOD (1 week) for good benefits from BCBS via HP. This is for family of 4 which I know is a godsend however add that up over 52 weeks per year and that's $13,000 per year just for "good" coverage with a pretty hefty deductible.

Now, that's medical and prescription. Add in Long and Short term disability (cause you never know), full Eye coverage for the family and Dental which is mediocre but that's all they have. That probably runs me another $125, again PER PAY, and literally I'm nearing $20,000 for benefits. Those are all good packages at good rates mind you so I don't bitch but..

Sometimes you have to pay to play.. I make a very good salary, I don't deny that, and I do go out of my way to do things for other people but in no way am I rich. I put literally 20% of my annual salary into a 401k fund because I know, someday, I won't be around and I want my wife and kids to be covered. If I survive long enough to help reap some bennies before I pass, well then, I've thought ahead. I'm greatful for everything I've owned but I must say I've never, NEVER, sat around idle and taken from the government. I've even refused unemployment at time or two in my early days because, honestly, it's not the right thing to do EVEN THOUGH I do pay into that system.

I pay enough taxes and if you knew even you would be shocked because even at a family of 4 I claim zero (0) married which is the second (zero, unmarried is the most) most amount of tax you can take out. Why? Because I can and have to and I don't want a situation like I had in my younger years while running my own SOHO consulting company, pay my ass in taxes at the end from 1040's ever again.

To each his own but the point of the matter, I believe, there are tons of people who get a WHOLE BUNCH for little to no effort. My wife cried one day coming home to me when we first had our first child because she was driving a used beat-me-up car, all we could afford at the time, while some mothers who were on government aid were driving new SUV's and shiny new toys. That's not right and honestly made me work HARDER to get those things for my wife and family, not work less and take advantage of the system.

Sorry rant over, now I'm pissed even more..

Thanks..

Last edited by Ictinike; 04/09/11 05:44 PM.

Salohcin Dragon #87039 04/09/11 07:59 PM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon

So all that just to say I believe everyone is selfish, so thanks for rubber stamping me that way. I gave $100 to the help for Haiti charity. I hope you or your loved ones never get horribly sick, or have to pay for meds./med. bills or the house/food/car/utilities. Why can't someone get health insurance for $350ish instead of $1,000+

There are tons of medical plans you can get for under $350.
Basic EPO plans run roughly $100 - $150 a month, for a single individual and include prescription coverage as well as basic doctors visits and a certain amount of lab work per year. Hell, some even cover the cost of labor, which can be upward of $25,000 - $50,000, if everything is routine.

I personally pay $1,050 a month for my health coverage (through Oxford; family of 4), have no deductible, a $15 co-pay, $15 prescription plan and have never been denied or second guessed for any claim we have ever had to make. My lady has been to the doctor more than 15 times since our 2nd childs birth and our health plan has always covered every last bit of it, including her MRIs and MRAs. If you want good coverage, you should pay for it; if you prefer to pay for cheaper medical coverage to save some money, that is fine, but do some good research before deciding when and why you go to the doctor.

Health Insurance has to cost a lot because there are a lot of charges involved in the process. Considering I have been with my health insurance company for only 14 months ($14,700) and they have already paid out in excess of $40,000 in that time, I sure as hell feel ahead of the game. No increase in my premium and no additional questions asked. If I had no insurance, the $40,000 that the insurance company paid would have cost me over $80,000, since the insurance company gets a hefty discount; so again, I have no issues with how my current insurance is. My only issue is I feel a lot of doctors are being underpaid for their work. Whenever we go in for a physical, or sick visit, my insurance only pays the doctor $17 and change, plus my $15 co-pay...hardly a way to make a living since sometimes we are seen for a good 30 - 45 mins and sometimes have re-checks, in which we pay nothing.

On another side note, my Life Insurance policy, covers me until 2078 (at which time I will be 95 years old; most likely already passed away) and has $1,000,000 coverage for my family. I pay $363 a year for that policy for the next 30 years. This will amount to roughly $10,890 over the course of 30 years...hardly a portion of the final payout. It pays to get these things when you are young and healthy to avoid the higher end premiums.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Romeo_Montague #87040 04/09/11 08:49 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
It pays to get these things when you are young and healthy to avoid the higher end premiums.

Spot on my friend..

If that means going with the latest toy, gadget or shit like that then it must be.

As well, and I preach this to my younger breathren here and abroad, as you age these words ring true:

"We never plan to fail, only fail to plan"

Ictinike #87041 04/09/11 08:54 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Drakiis = epic gimp fail

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #87134 04/11/11 08:14 AM
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 04/11/11 08:14 AM.

Former KGB Member
Salohcin Dragon #87136 04/11/11 09:26 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Point being?

Ictinike #87137 04/11/11 10:47 AM
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Point being?

They have no interest in a cure.

Former KGB Member
Salohcin Dragon #87138 04/11/11 11:01 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Point being?

They have no interest in a cure.

That's obvious by the video and without argument as to if that's the truth or not how does this tie into your other arguments? That the right is doing this and the left wouldn't?

In other words why did you post this and in what regard to your prior arguments..

Ictinike #87158 04/11/11 09:52 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Its interesting that there is not one single negative comment to be found about this woman. No one is that well liked.

I'm not saying she's wrong. You're naive beyond measure if you didn't already know that the drug companies are in it to make money, but that doesn't mean that the drugs don't work.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard