KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,881 Trump card
1,340,077 Picture Thread
478,435 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#83644 01/17/11 11:34 PM
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
So being in this new alliance and it being hyped up so much I busted my ass to get siege ready and help KGB make a showing for the sieges tonight.

Throughout the combat tonight there were a total of 6 KGB in the combat force. With almost 20 KGB members logged in we managed to field a grand total of 6 people over almost 5 hours of fighting.

That is shameful.

If you want to cement yourselves within this new alliance then people better start logging in for events. I don't even consider DF "my game" and I am logging in to help KGB.

The officers are busting their asses trying to keep DF together since Jet has his heart set on that game but the majority of KGB veterans will never install DF again so it is up to you in DF to keep up the honor and integrity of the KGB brand.

I have witnessed with my own eyes officers stressing out and growing gray hairs over the same noob ass questions/mistakes people are making in the game and they have given a ton of their personal time and effort to ensuring the new recruits/casuals have a place to live without really having to earn it.

If some of you cannot take the time to support your guild and sacrifice a little of your time then you DO NOT DESERVE to wear KGB tags.

This is not a rant to have 100% attendance as that is not the KGB way under Jets rule but from what I have seen if i were leading that alliance I see no real reason to have KGB using up resources.

Thanks to
Wolfgang
Mamapick
Longshanks
Uber
Magusto

We had some good fights and pulled our weight as best we could.

In service to KGB
For Glory and Beer
Donk

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
So being in this new alliance and it being hyped up so much I busted my ass to get siege ready and help KGB make a showing for the sieges tonight.

Throughout the combat tonight there were a total of 6 KGB in the combat force. With almost 20 KGB members logged in we managed to field a grand total of 6 people over almost 5 hours of fighting.

That is shameful.

If you want to cement yourselves within this new alliance then people better start logging in for events. I don't even consider DF "my game" and I am logging in to help KGB.

The officers are busting their asses trying to keep DF together since Jet has his heart set on that game but the majority of KGB veterans will never install DF again so it is up to you in DF to keep up the honor and integrity of the KGB brand.

I have witnessed with my own eyes officers stressing out and growing gray hairs over the same noob ass questions/mistakes people are making in the game and they have given a ton of their personal time and effort to ensuring the new recruits/casuals have a place to live without really having to earn it.

If some of you cannot take the time to support your guild and sacrifice a little of your time then you DO NOT DESERVE to wear KGB tags.

This is not a rant to have 100% attendance as that is not the KGB way under Jets rule but from what I have seen if i were leading that alliance I see no real reason to have KGB using up resources.

Thanks to
Wolfgang
Mamapick
Longshanks
Uber
Magusto

We had some good fights and pulled our weight as best we could.

In service to KGB
For Glory and Beer
Donk

AGREED!

The siege was a last minute drop, I didn't know about it until I checked the PMAP while I was at work yesterday on any sieges that were dropped overnight after I had went to bed. What I have found over these last few months is that people don't understand the game, and thats ok if yo have just started the game. But some of the questions that I'm hearing/answering are coming from people that have been in game for enough time to know the answers to these questions. Since I'm pretty much the only one around 90% of the time, it's a huge problem to keep people informed and do my part in helping with sieges and such. Sadly when people come into these operations after they have started they are somewhat on their own, unless there is help from the alliance which is the case last night. I was trying to get my things together as well as helping allies and KGB that were attending the first seige where we had helped Zealot. The Allies didn't seem to have a great plan, other than having Zealot and compant on board. If it weren't for Zealot calling a lot of the shots, we may not have been as successful. Then again the drop was a last mintue thing, but sometimes these things happen. Just be prepared!

P
Former Member
Former Member
P
Not that you care, but I didn't even know about it through my wife until she was in the shit, otherwise, I'd have liked to fight that fight. Wasn't going to bother to login & TRY to play "catch up". Waste of time most of the time in those situations, because of all the people trying to scrounge off of battles like that.

And the people that actually went ... is about the majority of the people that play or can play right now, sad enough to say. And not everyone plays this PvP Based Game for the PvP aspect, unfortunately. Mamapick for example, she used to HATE PvP. It wasn't until recently, she started dueling & found that she started actually having fun with it. Other people ... doesn't matter how much they practice, they won't ever get good at it.

Take it how you want, but no one saying anything, or posting anything ... makes for a lack of communication, regardless. I check the oracle still constantly ... nothing was said until it was over ... and this is what it was

^refer above^

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
until those sieges get dropped in the early daytime hours.. I doubt you will see me there. I believe I was in bed already last night when that siege went live.

I just dont have the time nor the energy to stay up late night.. I get up far to early in the morning to even think about staying up late, Especially on a Weekday.

Sucks that we had so few on, but that sounds like our core right there that you named.

I play when I can, even if that is not as much as it once was.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Pickens Heretic

Take it how you want, but no one saying anything, or posting anything ... makes for a lack of communication, regardless. I check the oracle still constantly ... nothing was said until it was over ... and this is what it was

^refer above^

Well since you check the oracle constantly you would have noticed I posted the siege @7:30 am yesterday morning and just before that in the military leadership forum. So there were two places you should have seen it if you were checking the oracle. Also in the empire vent they made a siege channel at the top in bold letters about the siege and the time. And I'm pretty certain I remember seeing you logging out in game before we went to help zealot with their siege.

So the communication was there, maybe there was a communication error between you and mamapick. Because she got in game not long after I did and was helping the empire smelt ore and such before we headed out to help zealot. I commend her on helping, and she was in the fighting from the begining. Like I said it was a last minute siege, I don't expect everyone to drop everything to make a siege. But it would help if late comers and people logged in could help for a little bit at least. I work 60 hours a week, the last thing I want to do is come home and go into something else that's will add to me being tired and grumpy as it is.
So I'm not sure where the lack of communication was, the only other thing I could have done is post it... Oh wait!

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

^refer above^

Well since you check the oracle constantly you would have noticed I posted the siege @7:30 am yesterday morning and just before that in the military leadership forum. So there were two places you should have seen it if you were checking the oracle. Also in the empire vent they made a siege channel at the top in bold letters about the siege and the time. And I'm pretty certain I remember seeing you logging out in game before we went to help zealot with their siege.

So the communication was there, maybe there was a communication error between you and mamapick. Because she got in game not long after I did and was helping the empire smelt ore and such before we headed out to help zealot. I commend her on helping, and she was in the fighting from the begining. Like I said it was a last minute siege, I don't expect everyone to drop everything to make a siege. But it would help if late comers and people logged in could help for a little bit at least. I work 60 hours a week, the last thing I want to do is come home and go into something else that's will add to me being tired and grumpy as it is.
So I'm not sure where the lack of communication was, the only other thing I could have done is post it... Oh wait!

ROFL

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Also should mention that glarr rockspeaker was there. I seen his grave and stopped to loot after we made our first push on the zealot siege and it had already been looted. I think he had to go after that, glad he was able to help with the time he had

KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I am bummed I crashed during the rubi adventure ... everything was perfect, minimal lag ... didn't die during the 1st 2 Bloodscar battles & the HH skirmish when we were trying to port ... then wham, crash ... relog .. at the bindstone in Mar Shral .. WTF!

Just my luck ... but the battles were fun as hell. Lots of bluetails rolling out.

I agree with Donk .. participation is key, it really is a blast to have these events ... never know when you run into battles ... I encourage the newest members to jump in. Even if you take on a supporting role, healing, etc ... plus you never know when one of you shots will be the kill shot.

As far as donk mentioning the fact most of the vets won't play .. it is a shame, this game gets more fun as time goes on & your character matures, at least for me it does.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Former Member
Former Member
Originally Posted By: Valaria
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

^refer above^

ROFL

Pick is still taking a break from DFO i have tried to get him on but that only leads to us fighting. I try every now and again like i got a nother weather vine thingy or what ever it is and told him you play dfo a week with me that is not afk swimming but pve and pvp you can have it and not pay me for it.. 22001 gold

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Good post Donk, but I also think it's not just membership that's missing or not participating but some leadership as well, I always see the same people trying to organize and prepare people, and no word or effort from some others who always seem to be too busy in real life to attend or play much. My question is, why are they in the DFO leadership then? You can't expect your membership to be active while you sit back on your ass, that's a double standard and unfair. If you want participation then it has to start with you, and I am not talking to anyone specific here, because they know who they are.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard