KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,198 Trump card
1,342,008 Picture Thread
479,923 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#81529 12/09/10 07:40 AM
B
Band 1
OP Offline
Band 1
B
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/

Damn good game.

10 bucks.

Sandbox.

We are really enjoying it...

-BC

B
Band 1
OP Offline
Band 1
B
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/all/sCol/rankHype/sOrder/desc

open-world PvP and missions
player-controlled economy
extensive crafting and industry
dynamically changing environment
player (corporation) controlled structures
local banking

Perpetuum Online is not a solo game. Its a sandbox. its created for people who want to log into the game make their own goals and work on them. It doesn't have quests and NPCs with explamation signs above their heads. You don't mash buttons to win. This game only just released. Its like a little baby, making its first steps. And its very precious time to be with that baby and not miss those first steps. Its a great time for opportunities in PO while economy is in its infancy, market expanding little by little, many items haven't been produced yet.

Its time for claiming your own place in history of this game's advancement. But again, PO is a niche game. If you like sandbox type of games - PO is a good choice to try,. But if you are used to games like WoW/Warhammer where everything is done for you - PO won't be fun for you. Even if you are a casual player you can still find fun in PO. It will just take a little longer to become what you wanna be.

At the stage that PO is in, people are building their capital. A lot of mining is being done, a lot of factories are producing bots and mechs, here and there you can see battles take place. There are very few people who can actualy drive mechs and even less who can drive heavy mechs. Give this game a year or so and it will be much more fun to play. And you definitely need to be a member of Corporation, otherwise this game feels like a grind, since there is nothing to do on PvE side but grind missions. In the end, this is definitely a Corp versus Corp mmo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_9DtcjNNZw&hd=1

Its similar to EvE (to those familiar with EvEs backend), but with better gameplay. I think u guys would like it. it's guild (corporation) based goal oriented.

B
Band 1
OP Offline
Band 1
B
If anyone wants to play or give it a try, contact me ingame via "BigCountry". Via an ingame email or something. I have a corp up and we are small but doing well.

Here are some steps to help u get started:

1) Open and Arrange all the basic windows of the User Interface:
Scanner, Targeting Computer, Robot Status, Landmarks, Modules, Landmark Info, Radar

2) Highlight Unpassable Terrain:
Press L to ensure unclimbable areas are highlighted in white on your screen. Right click Radar, choose map type-unpassable terrain.
Now you can see where you can and cannot walk by zooming in the Radar.

3) Get to the Alpha Terminal to start your Training missions:
Every starter island has an Alpha Terminal. It is the square on your radar.
Think of it as your multipurpose base to find missions at, to buy things, to fit your robot (right click robot and equip), to store things and to do industry at.
Head there and dock, click assignments and do the training missions.

4) Complete all 10 Training missions, get a Light Robot:
The Training Missions teach you the basics and give you an Arkhe Mk2 at the 4th mission and a light robot (Yagel/Castel/Prometheus) at the 10th.
Therefore, it is a bad idea to skip these missions.

You get 1 EP per minute subscribed to the game, no faster no slower. You get the EP logged in/logged out, either in a terminal or outside the terminal. Basically anywhere.

First priorities are usually Navigation for faster movement, Accelerated Locking/Long Range Targeting for faster/longer range locking and Energy Management for faster accumulator recharge.
Also do check out the extensions tab of your desired Assault Robot to see what extensions you need to pilot it.

We are on the verge of manuafacturing Assault Robots right now. So I can help get you in one asap. Assault Robots = good for PvP. etc

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Of what you are saying and the PvP video, this game feels like Shadowbane on mech-steroids.
I may give it a shot if I can squeeze some time for it.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #81590 12/10/10 11:16 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Its EvE with Mechs.

Thanks, I played in the Beta already and this one is going to be a small Niche, or a complete pile of poo.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #81693 12/13/10 06:06 AM
B
Band 1
OP Offline
Band 1
B
It has the EvE backend, but gameplay wise, it's nothing like EvE. There is line of sight etc.

For 10 bucks you can't go wrong with this one. If your into Sandbox that is.

I got 2 accounts up and running. I am hooked atm. And I don't play poo. laugh
lol

Link Copied to Clipboard