KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#76132 09/14/10 10:37 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Click on the Video to view in HD

Also posted on Forumfall.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former Member
Former Member
lol jet where do you get this music from hehe

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
That is Bond music.

I hate cheaters and exploiters.

Last edited by Kaotic; 09/15/10 04:33 AM. Reason: cheaters make me puke

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
yea... and I doubt he will be caught and banned for anything of the sort.

Sometimes I hate how this game is run.... Oh wells.. At Least we dont hack and cheat like that.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Well, he was reported and reported and reported and no GM responded or even so much as said Boo. I was the most disgusted by that.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Been an exploit for a while. Tasos and company are fully aware it exists and well, you can see the outcome.

Been used for mounts, ships, and warhulks.

Kind of hard to kill someone that isn't there, and this exploit is a fundamental game breaker with the way siege mechanics work. Individuals using this exploit fundamentally tip the scales to far and it becomes very hard to overcome the tactical advantage given by the exploit.

This exploit is the microcosm of what is fundamentally wrong with the DFO community, Adventurines ability to dynamically fix exploits and dupes in a type of timely fashion, or even communicate on the lowest of one sentence announcements acknowledging the existence of said issues.

This is the reason DFO will wither on the vine, not the PvP mechanics, and not even the ungodly grind.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
It's just memory fuck-up from the client which did not load Jonah's model for you : see how some other guy is healing him.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Arkh
It's just memory fuck-up from the client which did not load Jonah's model for you : see how some other guy is healing him.

Your half right Arkh. it is a memory model error on the client side. The other half of the equation is the couple of different ways you can "trick" the client into this error, there by creating the effect of the model not loading. In addition to that, once a individual has achieved the model memory error, the individual assigned to direct healing can usually relog and on reload have the individual who has the model error load for them so they can direct heal them. At the layer to that of indirect healing in Witch's Brew, because while the model doesn't appear for you, the effect of the PBAoE still affects the individual who has the model error.

I want to add, I am not going to disclose the ways in which you can achieve this. I don't subscribe to its use or abuse, and quite frankly if I caught a KGB member actively doing this it would take about 10 mins of report writing and SS before you were brought up on charges.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I wouldn't consider it a memory error.

This has to do with rigid body physics & collision detection. Along with how the physics are applied to complex meshes.

I imagine it starts at client ... the positions of the 2 meshes somehow break the defined physical bounds ... this updates the server state & then is propagated to the other clients when the world state update happens. This is why everyone sees the same "exploit" ... if it were a memory related error, I doubt it would propagate to the other clients. Typically in MMO programming, the clients recieve world state updates from the server -- basically the coordinates of the 2 meshes are screwed up and no correction took place.

It is a tough nut to crack & fix ... server side state correction would be the place to do it, but it has to be done sparingly ... the clocks required to test every object in state would just increase latency & if it passes the threshold of network latency, your basically fucked (rubber banding & other chaos ensues).

I have been down this road a time or two ... physics engines are brutal to program ... appling them to state is yet another hell of a task.

I wonder if AV wrote a home grown physics engine or used a commercial or open source one? I have been pretty damn impressed by it ... the gravity aspects are pretty solid and for the most part the collision detection is right on.

For example: Running part way up a tree on a horse, stopping & sliding back down is a really good example of some sophisticated physics & collision detection on multiple meshes. The bounds are small enough for the horse's hooves to make contact, the player's mesh bounds do not interfere, nor do they detatch from each other & rubberband back ... that is pretty friggin cool for a geek like me.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
NERD!!

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard