Click on the Video to view in HD

Also posted on Forumfall.
Posted By: Mamacita Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/15/10 06:45 AM
lol jet where do you get this music from hehe
Posted By: Kaotic Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/15/10 11:32 AM
That is Bond music.

I hate cheaters and exploiters.
Posted By: Valaria Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/15/10 11:48 AM
yea... and I doubt he will be caught and banned for anything of the sort.

Sometimes I hate how this game is run.... Oh wells.. At Least we dont hack and cheat like that.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/15/10 02:40 PM
Well, he was reported and reported and reported and no GM responded or even so much as said Boo. I was the most disgusted by that.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/15/10 03:10 PM
Been an exploit for a while. Tasos and company are fully aware it exists and well, you can see the outcome.

Been used for mounts, ships, and warhulks.

Kind of hard to kill someone that isn't there, and this exploit is a fundamental game breaker with the way siege mechanics work. Individuals using this exploit fundamentally tip the scales to far and it becomes very hard to overcome the tactical advantage given by the exploit.

This exploit is the microcosm of what is fundamentally wrong with the DFO community, Adventurines ability to dynamically fix exploits and dupes in a type of timely fashion, or even communicate on the lowest of one sentence announcements acknowledging the existence of said issues.

This is the reason DFO will wither on the vine, not the PvP mechanics, and not even the ungodly grind.
Posted By: Arkh Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/15/10 04:38 PM
It's just memory fuck-up from the client which did not load Jonah's model for you : see how some other guy is healing him.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/15/10 05:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Arkh
It's just memory fuck-up from the client which did not load Jonah's model for you : see how some other guy is healing him.

Your half right Arkh. it is a memory model error on the client side. The other half of the equation is the couple of different ways you can "trick" the client into this error, there by creating the effect of the model not loading. In addition to that, once a individual has achieved the model memory error, the individual assigned to direct healing can usually relog and on reload have the individual who has the model error load for them so they can direct heal them. At the layer to that of indirect healing in Witch's Brew, because while the model doesn't appear for you, the effect of the PBAoE still affects the individual who has the model error.

I want to add, I am not going to disclose the ways in which you can achieve this. I don't subscribe to its use or abuse, and quite frankly if I caught a KGB member actively doing this it would take about 10 mins of report writing and SS before you were brought up on charges.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/16/10 10:47 PM
I wouldn't consider it a memory error.

This has to do with rigid body physics & collision detection. Along with how the physics are applied to complex meshes.

I imagine it starts at client ... the positions of the 2 meshes somehow break the defined physical bounds ... this updates the server state & then is propagated to the other clients when the world state update happens. This is why everyone sees the same "exploit" ... if it were a memory related error, I doubt it would propagate to the other clients. Typically in MMO programming, the clients recieve world state updates from the server -- basically the coordinates of the 2 meshes are screwed up and no correction took place.

It is a tough nut to crack & fix ... server side state correction would be the place to do it, but it has to be done sparingly ... the clocks required to test every object in state would just increase latency & if it passes the threshold of network latency, your basically fucked (rubber banding & other chaos ensues).

I have been down this road a time or two ... physics engines are brutal to program ... appling them to state is yet another hell of a task.

I wonder if AV wrote a home grown physics engine or used a commercial or open source one? I have been pretty damn impressed by it ... the gravity aspects are pretty solid and for the most part the collision detection is right on.

For example: Running part way up a tree on a horse, stopping & sliding back down is a really good example of some sophisticated physics & collision detection on multiple meshes. The bounds are small enough for the horse's hooves to make contact, the player's mesh bounds do not interfere, nor do they detatch from each other & rubberband back ... that is pretty friggin cool for a geek like me.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/16/10 11:48 PM
NERD!!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/17/10 03:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Longshanks
I wouldn't consider it a memory error.

This has to do with rigid body physics & collision detection. Along with how the physics are applied to complex meshes.

I imagine it starts at client ... the positions of the 2 meshes somehow break the defined physical bounds ... this updates the server state & then is propagated to the other clients when the world state update happens. This is why everyone sees the same "exploit" ... if it were a memory related error, I doubt it would propagate to the other clients. Typically in MMO programming, the clients recieve world state updates from the server -- basically the coordinates of the 2 meshes are screwed up and no correction took place.

It is a tough nut to crack & fix ... server side state correction would be the place to do it, but it has to be done sparingly ... the clocks required to test every object in state would just increase latency & if it passes the threshold of network latency, your basically fucked (rubber banding & other chaos ensues).

I have been down this road a time or two ... physics engines are brutal to program ... appling them to state is yet another hell of a task.

I wonder if AV wrote a home grown physics engine or used a commercial or open source one? I have been pretty damn impressed by it ... the gravity aspects are pretty solid and for the most part the collision detection is right on.

For example: Running part way up a tree on a horse, stopping & sliding back down is a really good example of some sophisticated physics & collision detection on multiple meshes. The bounds are small enough for the horse's hooves to make contact, the player's mesh bounds do not interfere, nor do they detatch from each other & rubberband back ... that is pretty friggin cool for a geek like me.

If I recall this was built from the ground up, or is open source, as it occurs to me during the extremely long development time that was the excuse they used for the time invested was to build a scratch physics engine, however it wouldn't surprise me if they gave up on that and used a open source, with might explain the hacks that are available.
Posted By: Tasho Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/17/10 04:06 AM
lightning bolt. Frostbite.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/17/10 11:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
NERD!!

Like a badge of honor ...
Posted By: Kaotic Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/17/10 04:35 PM
NERD!!

LOL
Posted By: Ictinike Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/18/10 02:50 AM
NERD!!

You go Shanks!

The geeks shall own the world! laugh
Posted By: Drakiis Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/18/10 02:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
NERD!!

You go Shanks!

The geeks shall own the world! laugh

Who are you Itchy, Moses?
Posted By: Twinky Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/20/10 10:56 AM
we ever hear anything back from this?
Posted By: Lorddarka Re: THE DRIVERLESS WARHULK - 09/23/10 02:29 AM
typical. Kind of the reason i quit the game. to many bugs and exploits. Game was ruined from the start with this stuff and well pretty much ruined the game. oh well hopefully something new and with a whole lot more content will come out in a few yrs thatll make dfo look sad.. :-)'

p.s. its not going to be the new final fantasy. game is to dated...
© The KGB Oracle