Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB

KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
1 members (Donkleaps), 56 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,906 Trump card
1,342,130 Picture Thread
480,171 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#71130 07/16/10 08:32 AM
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
A thought for the Darkfaller's left, and point of discussion.

Since the recent changes to the dynamics of PvP with the rise of melee and the fall of magic as the prime means of dps, I have a couple of thoughts for you all to consider. With KGB entering a new era and being allowed a lot more freedom in PvP, and considering the smaller tactical groupings, I was thinking of a couple of things that can really be a simple force multiplier for you all.

This force multiplier would be the Clan focused effort on having everyone with Haste (Fire) and Ironskin (Earth), and use these as almost a requirement for combat cross buffing. If your only going to have time to get off a couple of spells, pumping up your battle buddie is high on the list. Working these two spells as well gives you the underlying advantage of Stoneskin, Brawn, Imputus, and a couple other personal buffs you should be rolling with anyway when raiding.

I know this may seem rudimentary and obvious too some of you vet's, but this simple thing, and getting into the muscle memory of casting these things right off the jump can be the difference in winning and loosing a tight fight.

I suggested to Jet that this could be a simple short term development goal for the Clan that can be easily supported with Clan resources, and is key in the new era KGB development. This type of fighting also reinforces the type of support combat that is really needed in DFO to be highly successful, because cross buffing and cross healing hasn't really changed much since EU launch on how important it is.

/discuss

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Heal other, Sacrifice and Haste are the first focus for anyone as they're usefull also for PvE.
Ironskin, 2h mastery and sharpshooter are a second milestone I think.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #71134 07/16/10 09:51 AM
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I told Jet last night that having an amazing archer who can put dps on the hit box at range is a big dps. That is one of the things KGB has become diminished in as the attrition rate grew, and the grind for archery changed. It isn't particularly fun grinding up archery, or easy putting archery DPS on a bunny hopping crackhead in PvP, but man can it really hurt and increase the DPS curve.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
The only problem with Archery is that it is hit and miss (pun intended) on the FPS with sieges. Some sieges I'll have a good FPS and ping and I can hit my target. Other times it's like watching someone run in a dark room with a strobe light. There's one... aim... blip.... he's there... change aim... blip.. oh shit he's on me.... blip...

Like Arkh said, I think the heals, haste and a 2H melee should be first on the list. And I also think people need to focus more on their transfer spells. I know some vets who still have under 50. 75+ heal transfer will get you upwards of 40 hp recovery with a R0 staff. And encumbrance doesn't factor in with the transfer spells, so you can use it with heavy armor.

Archery is good, but I prefer it with small encounters. I find it rather useless in the big ones.

#71140 07/16/10 11:08 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I got fucked for archery with this 150 ping increase. But man, during sieges when everyone is laging (them because of FPS, me because of connexion) it's arrows in the back time. A little keened r60 or r70 and it's a rape.
Add someone rapidshoting the archer and bubbling targets and that's "Bubble - Parry-break - zing, zing, zing, next target !".

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #71163 07/16/10 09:44 PM
Band 1 - RockNRolla
Band 1 - RockNRolla
Ahh i hate rapid shoot it messes up my timeing with my shoots i do have to say lately i have been grinding hast rapid shoot and ironskin but lately i have been out of town once i get back ill start macroing again to get my fire to 100 and finish my intensifying for earth. but yeah i like leading off with hast ironskin and STR hymn so ppl hit like a truck.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: shalron
Ahh i hate rapid shoot it messes up my timeing with my shoots i do have to say lately i have been grinding hast rapid shoot and ironskin but lately i have been out of town once i get back ill start macroing again to get my fire to 100 and finish my intensifying for earth. but yeah i like leading off with hast ironskin and STR hymn so ppl hit like a truck.

I am this truck you are speaking of! =)

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: wolfgang
Originally Posted By: shalron

I am this truck you are speaking of! =)

BAH...ford rangers do not count sissy boy.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I'd add Infliction damage to the formula too ...

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
I have to say my aim is pretty good, but when its bad laggy even I have issues hitting those bunny hopping pks.

But what everyone above has said... is the right track. It is pretty much what I have been working on for some time now.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard