KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#66411 05/24/10 08:42 PM
Magusto Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I have been playing darkfall since april 2009 and I stink at PVP. I have tried all kinds of swings,strafing, double jump, but nothing has really worked. I read this guide about 3 weeks ago and my combat has already improved. The guide has the basics in detail, like how to burst damage and what heals to use. The movement section is the unique part I haven't found in other guides. Highlighted the movement and movement dodge sections of this guide for skimmers like me.

This guide came from the forms by some VAMP guy:

Dummy’s Darkfall Combat Guide (For beginning and intermediate players)

Table of Contents
(use the ctrl+f to jump to sections using the code provided within parenthesis)

Part I: The Basics

I. Bursting Your DPS (guide001)
II. Movement (guide002)
III. Using Movement to Dodge (guide003)
IV. Healing (guide004)
V. Review (guide005)

Part II: Mount Combat

VI. Mounted Combat Basics (guide006)
VII. Maximizing Mounted Combat (guide007)
VIII. Countering Mounted Combat (guide008)

Part III: Miscellaneous Tips & Tricks YOU SHOULD KNOW

IX. Recognizing Load Lag (guide009)
X. Bunny Hopping (guide010)

Preface

Darkfall is a complex game, with a long and difficult learning curve. This is apparent to anyone logging in for the first time, struggling through their first week, month, even two months... due to this aspect of the game there's been quite a bit of exaggerated claims about the game being character-based: character skill is everything, player skill counts for very little.

The reality is it takes both in equal parts to be successful.

Developing your character is not enough for you to be ready and competitive for PvP. I’ll go even further: player skill can make up for a less developed character. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I beat players with more HP and higher skills than me quite often.

The problem I see is newer players will grind their characters believing that grinding = everything, but they won't develop their player skills. The result is a profound lack of a sense of progress. I don't blame them: this is a complicated game, with very deep combat mechanics. What's worse, vets don't readily share valuable information that can improve the new player experience. They're too concerned about keeping an edge, or they just don't care.

This guide is a collection of all the knowledge I have gained from 6 months of playing Darkfall. Information that has allowed me to appreciate the game to its full potential.

My purpose in writing this guide is to provide a list of essential combat maneuvers and discuss their potential uses. I want to use this guide to equip new and intermediate players with the knowledge veterans use to demolish them over and over. And in the process, demonstrate just a small taste of the complexity and beauty of Darkfall combat.

This guide is intended for beginning and intermediate players interested in improving their Darkfall combat performance, as well as advanced players who would like to review and refine the list on their own. I hope this guide will improve the overall quality of the PvP in Darkfall, especially in NA-1 where there are a lot of newer players trying to grasp the complexities of combat.

For the purposes of this guide I am going to assume you are at least familiar with the basics of the UI (user interface) and most of the basic skills the game has to offer. I also hope that the reader understands the basic dynamics between magic/archery/melee (I will discuss this a bit in later sections).

Final Note: If you are new/intermediate and have questions unanswered by this guide, please don't hesitate to PM me in the forums or in-game for help. I will do my best to answer your questions.

Part I: The Basics

I. Bursting Your DPS...(guide001)

Arguably the single most important tactic in the game, and also a crucial philosophy in Darkfall combat: “Offence is King”.

It is rare for anyone to out-heal focused DPS. I like to call it “burst” because it reflects the core philosophy you should hold about offence. Lay on the damage thick and quickly. Don’t hold back. Don’t hesitate. Focus.

The second reason I call it “burst” is because as the word implies, it should end quickly. If you are bursting for 5+ attacks and you don’t feel that you’re definitely winning, it is probably time to disengage from the burst. Reasons for disengaging are multiple. You may be losing a burst contest and may have to run and heal. Stopping a losing burst and evading might throw your opponent off rhythm. You may find that your method of DPS is ineffective against an opponent and may have to rethink your tactics.

The final reason I call it burst is the core philosophy of “surprise”. Bursting DPS is most effective when your opponent is not expecting it. I’ve won several losing fights because I turned and fought precisely when my opponent expected me to continue to run.

Remember: running, healing, hiding, retreating, dodging… none of these will win you fights UNLESS you burst!

There are three main ways to burst your DPS:

1. Magic: Most popular way to burst magic is to cycle a couple r50 spells on jump-cast, with an r90/100 spell thrown in here and there. To be effective you should have at least two r50 spells, and both should be at least 75 skill. Don’t stop firing, don’t stop moving, try not to miss. Easy way to burst. It’s best used against scale or lesser armor.

2. Archery: Both simpler and more challenging than bursting with magic, bursting your DPS with archery requires a decent bow (I recommend at least a mob-dropped r50, gained from killing hordegaunts or raven standards). You are of course welcome to try bursting with a lower rank weapon, but it may or may not be effective depending on your opponent’s character/build. All it takes is good aim to pull off a solid archery burst, so no need to jump around like a meth-addict and spin-cast. Arguably the best way to take down opponents in scale or better if you have a good bow and good aim.

3. Melee (2-hander): Highly effective and situational. Within short-range, melee is a powerful way to pull off a successful burst. I recommend you have at least 50 weapon mastery before you begin to rely on melee bursting, and it helps to use at least a mob-drop r50. Some advices on successfully using melee to burst your DPS. First, and most important: don’t stop sprinting. Even if your opponent is standing completely still. You want unpredictable and circular movements so that you can dodge the counter melee burst (one of two likely responses to a melee burst attempt). Second advice: click to swing FIRST, and then aim for your opponent SECOND. This is tricky to pull off, but effective. Depending on what weapon you use there is a 0.5~1 second delay between clicking and actually attacking. Click while you’re dodging, quickly swivel your mouse to aim at your opponent, then continue to sprint dodge your opponent’s melee. Try to connect 5 hits without missing. If you can do this right off the bat you’ll have a big advantage!

II. Movement...(guide002)

Just as important as your ability to focus and burst your DPS is your movement. Fortunately for you the player, the core philosophy of movement is simple: Don’t stop. Keep moving. About the only time you should be not moving is if you’re parrying and getting back-healed by teammates (even then, at least back-off slowly).

Here is a list of basic movement patterns:

1. Side-sprint: Don’t use side-step to dodge. Sprint forward to your left/right when you need to (while sprinting forward, move your mouse to the left… then quickly and suddenly to the right. It simulates side-stepping but you will move much faster). This is crucial!

2. Swivel-sprint: another extremely important tactic. While sprinting forward, rapidly swing your mouse from left to right. This is an important defensive maneuver to master, as it makes you extremely difficult to hit with arrows.

Continue to practice your movement by dueling. In the next section I’ll discuss movement in specific situations.

III. Using Movement to Dodge...(guide003)

Dodging is an important aspect of the game. Ignore the defeatist assholes on the forums crying incessantly about how you can’t dodge r50 spells. Also ignore the same defeatists claiming melee is a DPS contest only. You can dodge r50s, you can dodge and juke in melee. Against different attacks, you use different movement patterns to initiate a dodge. In this section I’ll discuss how to dodge some of the most basic offensive and defensive tactics that your enemies will use against you.

A side-note: why should one dodge? Didn’t I earlier say “Offense is King”?

Well, this is true, offense is king. However there are many good reasons to dodge. One: in a battle where there is no dodging, it becomes a simple DPS contest. It’s kind of boring and more importantly in this kind of DPS contest the outcome is already decided. Better geared and better developed characters will almost always win a DPS contest. Two: Combat in Darkfall has a certain rhythm to it. Whether you are bursting with magic, archery, or melee, there is some downtime between each attack. By dodging during your downtime and attacking during your opponent’s downtime, you can maximize your burst while minimizing your opponent’s DPS. Three: it is possible to heal and dodge at the same time, so that not only do you avoid damage, you’re regaining HP.

A final note before I start: both dodging and avoiding your opponent’s dodge requires you to understand your opponent’s rhythm of attack and also be able to change your own rhythm as the battle progresses.

Without further delay, here is a list of common attacks and how to dodge each:

1. Dodging r50 spells (fire-ball, corrosive-blast, shards, & lightning strike): Contrary to popular opinion, it is definitely possible to dodge r50 spells. Since most people have these spells on jump-cast, I’m going to assume that you are facing someone who does not have a speed-spec on the spell (the speed spec would make it more difficult to dodge the r50). Begin to spring in one direction while your opponent is casting the spell. Then, abruptly make a change in direction (using side-sprint). Note that it is difficult to dodge an r50 using side-step due to its AoE. It is relatively easy to dodge r50s at long-range and a bit harder at medium and close range.

2. Dodging archery: Archery is a bit easier to dodge than r50 spells since there is no AoE. The concept is the same as an r50, except that since Archery is must faster than r50, you need to change the timing of your jukes. Be unpredictable; don’t use the same dodge pattern (left to right, then right to left, etc.) because your opponent will catch on. Although more of a defensive maneuver than anything, you can also use the swivel-sprint to dramatically reduce the chance of you getting hit by archery. Use the swivel-sprint in conjunction with heals in order to gain some breathing room in a fight.

3. Dodging melee: Dodging melee also involves juking your opponent. If you are both in melee, sprint away from your opponent while they swing, then turn and hit them while they are recovering. Time this right and you will dodge their attack while scoring a hit. If you are on the losing end of a melee battle and need to lose them, you can do the following: first, start running one direction, then suddenly turn IN to your opponent. Then, don’t swivel-sprint, side-step, side-sprint or anything else, just sprint forward. IF at this point your opponent still hits you with melee, don’t hesitate and repeat the sudden-turn followed by running in a straight line. Do this until you can hear your opponent trying to hit you and miss, at which point you keep running straight forward. Once you are out of their melee range, just sprint in one direction and your opponent can’t catch you using melee. If they chase you stupidly while swinging dumbly, heal up while sprinting or ready an r50 jump-cast.

IV. Healing...(guide004)

While the ability to burst your dps and dodge your enemies attacks are probably the most important, you shouldn’t expect to succeed in Darkfall combat without a firm grasp on healing. Here is a list of heals in the game (you should try to get all of them ASAP) and their uses.

1. Heal Self: the basic heal spell, it heals a low-to-moderate amount of health and has a long cast time. It’s not the greatest of heals, but the cool-down on the spell is not too bad and you start with it, so it’s not a bad heal to pop-off when you know you have the time to pull it off.

2. Stamina to Health: a conversion spell, it’s got the fastest cast time and the fastest cooldown. I also believe it heals same as if not more than heal self, so it’s a great heal to use mid-combat. The only downside is that it takes your stamina, so if you got a moment, follow it up immediately with Mana to Stamina.

3. Witches Brew: strongest heal in the game. It casts faster than Heal Self but slower than Stam to Health. It’s got the longest cooldown though, and in top of that it’s got a very large AoE so you may end up healing your opponents. It’s a good spell to use if you need to heal, and if it’s up I usually use this spell first before any of the other heals.

4. Major Health Potion: Clutch. Heals a ton, and it only interrupts you for about the time it takes to cast Witches Brew. It’s got a decent cooldown too but shorter than WB. It is also one of two ways to heal while on a mount. Takes no mana or stamina. If you are serious about PvP, always carry at least one.

5. Rage: This is a unique heal in that it can only be used while having a melee weapon out. It's got some good things going for it: it does a good amount of healing (~24 hp at 50 skill, ~30 hp at 75 skill), takes just an instant to cast, and as long as you keep your melee weapon out it gives you some nice resistance bonus to all magic damage. Additionally, this is the second heal you can use while riding a mount. There are quite a bit of limitations to this skill. One is the extremely long cool down. I believe it has a 10 minute cool down, which makes it a once-per-engagement skill so be aware of this. Another downside is that it takes around 100 mana which is a big investment.

If you can pull off a full heal cycle of WB, S2H, HS, health potion, and Rage, you can heal back a huge chunk of your health. However it’s not likely for you to be able to do this in the middle of a battle. WB or health pot is usually the best heal to pop first, as it takes a short time and heals for quite a bit. My next go-to heal is S2H, which is super fast. I only use heal self when I have cover, or I absolutely need a heal and there is no other option (everything else is on cooldown; I don’t have enough stamina left to do a S2H).

Again remember; you can’t win by healing and you won’t win by dodging.

Healing and dodging should only be used to give you an opportunity to pull off a successful burst. A single successful attempt at bursting your DPS can win you a fight, even one which you are losing.

V. Review...(guide005)

In this guide I have went over some important and basic combat maneuvers regarding bursting your dps, movement, dodging, and healing.

Mastering these tactics by themselves is important but you shouldn’t skip the next step: smoothly transitioning between different tactics and using all of them together effectively.

Remember that the most important aspect of combat is timing. Bide your time. Keep trying to burst. Minimize damage taken by dodging. Heal if you need to. When the time is right, focus and pull off that crucial burst... victory will be yours!

I hope that this section has shed light on some of the basic tactics used by veterans to win fights in Darkfall, and ultimately I hope that this guide will improve the overall level of PvP in Darkfall, especially in NA-1. Please PM or reply with any suggestions for additional tactics, or specific questions about what I’ve listed or anything else related to Darkfall for that matter.

Part II: Mounted Combat

VI. Mounted Combat Basics...(guide006)

Mounted combat is a powerful tool for use in Darkfall combat. This is true for one reason: insane damage. First of all the 200% damage modifier on mounted swings means that you can easily hit for damage cap with a decent weapon and high one-handed mastery. Second, since transmutes count as two separate damages (weapon dmg + elemental dmg), you can technically go beyond the damage cap when attacking from a mount using a nice transmuted weapon with high one-handed mastery.

A disclaimer: I am by no means a mounted warrior, but I have quite a bit of experience fighting against mounts on foot. Without further ado, the basics of mounted combat:

There are four different types of attacks that can be made from a mount and they are as follows:

1. Frontal Swing: A very useful attack, this is what you'll be using most while on a mount. It can hit someone riding on a mount instead of the mount itself and is the fastest attack you can perform on a mount. It does damage to a pretty wide area in front of you, around 90 degrees. You can perform this attack by swinging your sword on a mount while moving forward or turning. Note that since the frontal swing has a knockback effect, some mounted players are able to "juggle" enemies on foot, by knocking them back and hitting them with a second and third frontal swing before they are able to land and evade.

2. Lean-Swing: This is where you lean left or right as you swing (done by pressing the appropriate lean button). It can't hit a mount-rider unless you jump to position your strike higher. Normally it will just hit the enemy's mount. However it can be used to hit your opponents who are on foot, if they are positioned to either side of you. There is a handly little bug where you CLICK first, then you press the lean button afterward. I don't think it's quite what was intended with mounted combat, but since you can adjust the direction of your swing after the fact it is a pretty big advantage you should take advantage of.

3. Frontal Mount Attack: I haven't seen many people use this attack. It's slow, doesn't take your weapon damage into account, and can only be done by attacking on a mount while standing completely still. It is in every way inferior to a frontal swing.

4. Backwards Mount Kick: This is an attack performed by clicking while pressing back or back/turn on a mount. It's slow and doesn't take into account your weapon damage. It does cover your backside, and if someone is chasing you on a mount, you can jump + backick to hit your opponent directly. The radius of this attack is smaller than the frontal swing, at 50~70 degrees radius.

Note that Frontal Swing, Frontal Mount Attack, and Backwards Mount Kick all have a pretty decent knockback effect attached to them.

There are a few key things you must learn in order to be effective at mount fighting. Make sure your 'lean' keys are easily accessed. Become comfortable with switching from one type of swing to another with ease.

VII. Maximizing Mounted Combat...(guide007)

Mounted combat is something of a controversy in the Darkfall community. Just like magic used to be, there's a bunch of people saying it's broken and a bunch of people saying it's fine. This section is going to explain to you how to equip yourself to make it look broken to all the people you're going to gank with mounted combat.

One-handed mastery at 50+
Heavy Armor
q3 one-handed transmute OR
r50/r60 keened one-handed weapon
2 or more Battlehorns in your backpack
few pots for regen

There are some people out there who run around with 3 battlehorns in their backpack and a fourth one they use to ride into combat. As soon as you take down their mount, they'll pop another one and keep on fighting.

A formidable tactic to be sure, but there are limitations and ways to counter it.

VIII. Countering Mounted Combat...(guide008)

Automatic cover in the form of a Battlehorn, ability to spawn multiple mounts in a fight, ability to break the damage cap... it may seem a bit unfair, but mounted combat has several disadvantages.

For one, you sacrifice a whole lot of mobility by fighting mounted. Mounts turn slow, and they turn wide. Secondly, you must sacrifice 3 out of 5 self-heals while on a mount; one of the 2 remaining heals has a ridiculous cool down (Rage). A mounted fighter has no ability to regain stam besides through chugging potions, and no ranged attacks at all. Finally, mounts are limited by certain terrain; if you can gain a terrain advantage against a mounted opponent, you can force your opponent to run or dismount.

Successfully countering mounted combat requires you to be patient, and take advantage of all the limitations of mounted combat.

The core philosophy of fighting on foot vs. a mounted opponent remains the same as foot vs. foot. Burst, dodge, heal. Minimize damage taken, maximize damage dealt.

Before I start on the specifics, a preface: this section assumes you are on foot fighting an aggressive mounted opponent, and that the two of you are a short distance away.

1. Bursting against Mounted Enemies: By far the best way to do this is using archery and sniping the rider off the mount. Take advantage of the fact that the mount rider cannot turn quickly. Compared to an opponent on foot that knows how to dodge arrows, mount riders are easy target for your arrows. Another way to burst against mounted enemies is by using a melee weapon. Whirlwind will hit both the mount AND the mounted rider. You can also attack the rider with a melee attack by jumping before swinging your weapon. I don't recommend this because jumping of any kind reduces your mobility (by forcing you into a predictable trajectory). Against a competent mounted player, you want to stay as mobile as possible at all times. You can also use magic but since many mounted players are destroyer specced, I don't recommend you take out a staff to do anything but heal.

2. Bursting against the Mount itself: When dealing with a mounted fighter you're going to have to assume you'll face a battlehorn and more than one, so I strongly recommend you focus on the rider rather than the mount. However, taking down the mount itself has some advantages. For one, it is much easier to take down the mount than the rider for one crucial reason: the mount has a "blind spot" that you can stick to as long as the mount isn't running in a straight line. As long as you are in this blind spot, you're free to melee-burst the mount without fear of being hit. If the mount begins to run from you in a straight line, quickly get a backshot or two on the rider/mount with your bow. The mount has two blindspots, directly to the left and right of the back of the mount. if you remain there, the mounted enemy cannot touch you.

3. Dodging Mounted Enemies: Unlike the traditional on-foot engagement, dodging a mounted player is probably more important than bursting one (although again, you can't win by dodging or healing alone). Due to the high damage potential of the mounted fighter, taking more than 3 hits from a mounted fighter almost certainly means your doom. A mounted enemy will most certainly ride straight at you in order to attack you, only adjusting their trajectory as you attempt to dodge the mount. At the right time, pick a side and begin sprinting in a loose circle around the mount.

If timed and angled right, you stay just out of the mount's attack range and end up near the mount's blind spot, EVEN IF the mounted opponent is doing his best to turn towards the direction you are circling. This movement pattern takes a bit of practice to pull off consistently, but once you get into the rhythm of things it becomes pretty easy.

The biggest thing here is patience. Especially when dealing with a battlehorn and Alfar combo, it can take a lot of dodging before you're able to successfully burst the rider down.

Protip: At first practice dodging with a melee weapon out, so that you can visually see the mount as you attempt to dodge it. It'll help you understand the mount's turn radius and reach, and the angles at which you should attempt to dodge.

3. Healing against a Mounted Fighter: It's the same as healing any other time. The only difference is you MUST be able to heal and dodge at the same time. Make sure dodging and healing are both second nature to you when attempting a heal-cycle against an aggressive mounted opponent.

4. Miscellaneous Tip: In close range against a mount, don't jump. In such a situation you absolutely must be able to make abrupt turns at any given moment. Jumping makes you predictable and takes away your most important advantage against a mounted fighter: maneuverability.

Let's review:

To win against an aggressive and skilled mounted fighter, you must dodge first and burst second. Remain calm, focused, and wear down the rider's health (remember, his ability to heal is limited). Don't burst longer than you need; every succesful dodge should give you the chance to plug around 2 arrows before you dodge again. Don't get greedy and burst instead of dodging, or you will find yourself back at the bindstone in a flash.

Again the pattern is: Dodge-->Burst/Heal-->Dodge-->Burst/Heal-->Dodge-->etc.

Optionally, you can get real good at bursting down the mount. If you are patient and precise even several battlehorns will go down quickly. Just remember that if you decide to take down the mounts instead of the rider, you will have to finish off the rider on foot, who may very well be at full health.

Realistically, you'll end up doing a fair amount of damage to both the mount and rider before deciding on which to take down first.

Whenever possible, go for the rider instead of the mount.

Part III: Miscellaneous Tips & Tricks You Should Know

This section will provide valuable trips & tricks that you should know. It won't always directly help you in PvP, but your life in Darkfall will be made much easier by being aware of the following tips & tricks.

IX. Recognizing Load Lag...(guide009)

If you remember only one thing from this guide, I would recommend it be this particular topic. This particular trick has saved me from being jumped a number of times and if you are serious about PvP you must understand what it is and how it works.

While playing Darkfall you may have noticed that whatever your normal FPS might be, you'll sometimes get a little stuttering in your screen, whether it be a one second lag before a menu comes out or a slight stutter in the animation.

This happens for one reason: the game is loading new assets into your area.

There are three common scenarios associated with load lag.

1. You are travelling and you cross a zone-line (new assets are loaded)

2. You are travelling and mobs spawn nearby (new assets are loaded)

3. Another player(s) has entered your area (again new asset being loaded)

There are many uses for reading load lag. You might be in the middle of farming a mob when you get a suspicious spike in lag (usually results in your animation freezing for a split second). It may be time to leave the mob spawn, heal up your vitals, and look around for other players.

You may be sneaking up on an enemy city. Get tons of stuttering? You're about to roll up on a heavily populated city. You may just be sitting and chilling in your city, when you get that telltale stuttering. You're about to be raided (or someone in your clan just logged in).

No matter what the circumstances, you stand to benefit greatly from recognizing load lag in all situations.

X. Bunny-hopping...(guide010)

Bunny hopping, if you are not familiar with this technique, you should be. Every serious PvPer in Darkfall knows how to bunny-hop (even if they are not good at it).

The most basic definition of bunny hopping is when you jump forward down a hill, and jump again right as you touch the ground. If timed right, you gain momentum and travel faster and further with each jump, as well as take increasing fall-damage. Note that bunny-hopping cannot be sustained indefinitely unless you are going downhill, and cannot be initiated in flat ground without the aid of certain spells.

You can bunny-hop down hill on foot and also on a mount. This has some obvious benefits, such as if you are being chased by several enemies and you encounter some downward slope, you are able to create a large distance by bunny-hopping. Of course the tradeoff is that you or your mount will take damage; more times you jump, greater the damage done. So bunny-hop with caution. Needless to say it can also be used to catch up to your prey.

The basic downhill bunny-hopping is largely limited by the situation and terrain. But what if you could (with some limitations) bunny-hop at will? It would be and indeed is a powerful tool. This can be achieved using a spell with a strong knockback effect.

The basic concept behind using a knockback spell to bunny-hop is to sprint forward while charging the spell, and while sprinting forward look straight down and cast the spell. It will launch you at an angle forward, and you can use this momentum to bunny-hop 2 or more times (this number depends on the terrain and your timing).

Note that you will take damage bunny-hopping in this way with every successful jump, even in flat terrain (once in a while you'll end up getting a freebie jump, but this is rare).

Here is a list of spells you can use to initiate bunny-hop:

1. Shrapnel: The basic, go-to spell used to bunny-hop, very few people use this spell for a purpose other than to bunny-hop. Unlocked at 75 Greater Magic. Moderate cast time, low damage, moderate cooldown.

2. Stormblast: Another good spell to bunny-hop with, it has the added bonus of throwing off anyone around you haphazardly to the side (for example if you are being chased close enough). Fast/Moderate cast time, low damage, long cooldown. *This spell can also be used to launch upwards a good height.

3. Magma Storm: This spell isn't used very often for bunny-hopping as it is an effective offensive spell. However, its strong knock-back effect makes it a good spell to bunny-hop with. Fast/Moderate cast time, high damage, short cooldown (half the cooldown of shrapnel).

Practice bunny-hopping by using it to cut annoying travel-time, for example between the bindstone and the bank, etc. Also remember that while fall-damage can't kill you even at 1 hp, a successful bunny-hop of 3 or more hops will cost you significant HP.

XI. Future Plans

There's so much depth to the gameplay in Darkfall that I find it's impossible to consider this guide done. In the near-future I am planning to work on adding the following:

Effective Use of Terrain
Crowd Control: What, When, How
Buffs: What, When, How
Weapon Switching: What, When, How
Team-play PvP
Popular, Potenial, and Possible Character Builds/Playstyle

... in no particular order.

Thanks for reading and thank you for the PMs in-game... I am happy to hear that this guide has helped you out and I hope you'll continue to use this guide for essential information on Darkfall Combat.

Last edited by Magusto; 05/27/10 04:28 PM.

[Linked Image from img401.imageshack.us]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Jet Sticky this.

If you don't read this and pay attention, begin to either incorporate or refine these basics in your day to day PvP, then you will continue to GSO.

The patch may change some of the more advanced tactics based on how game/spell mechanics are addressed. The core 'things to do' list though will still hold very true even after the expansion in late June/ early July.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
We already have umpteen bajillion posts like this but noone reads.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I read..

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
I read..

As do I.

Stickied.

Will pass the link along.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps

You can lead a horse to water, but while you can't make'em drink, you can sure as hell shove there head in the water and drown them until they get the idea.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

You can lead a horse to water, but while you can't make'em drink, you can sure as hell shove there head in the water and drown them until they get the idea.

LOL

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Valaria
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

You can lead a horse to water, but while you can't make'em drink, you can sure as hell deliver an elbow drop off the top rope and shove there head in the water and drown them until they get the idea.

LOL

Everything is better with the addition of elbow drops.

Last edited by Donkleaps; 05/25/10 12:56 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
P
Former Member
Former Member
P
You never know who this will help. May just take one other person's wording than the last upteen bajillion. Make is upteen bajillion +1.
Mamapick's learning newer stuff daily. I thank Krullz.
It's been very apparent to me that she doesn't listen to me, when I can defeat quite a few of our "PvP'ers". And then there's some others that I can't, & a very few I haven't even attempted.
One more person's view never hurts.

Thanks again Krullz. At least someone got thru to her.

Former Member
Former Member
whatever.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard