KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#6609 05/31/06 11:01 PM
ChewY Offline OP
Band 1
OP Offline
Band 1
What race will KGB be in Darkfall?

hear no evil see no evil speak no evil. no praise no blame.
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Ask again after Beta.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
As long as the race can handle halberds effectively and not look like cutesy faieries, etc, I'm gold.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
i don't think we've ever limited ourselves to one race, is darkfall like that or is it similar to one group of races are considered evil or one group are considered good?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I think some of the races are allied or neutral - such as the humans/elves...etc

[Linked Image]

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Humans, dwarves and elves are allied.
Orc and Mahirim are allied.
Alfar are against everyone.
But I think a guild can have players from all races...

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
At this point I think the only safe guess would be that we will not be Alfar. Alfar towns have NPC guards that KOS every other race. So that's out of the question for a guild like KGB that loves having lots of allies and random solo players that come to our towns. Plus it's just bad economics... like Shadowbane, trade is important.

Sort of sucks but we'll probably end up, I would guess, as the age ol' Human/dwarf/elf mixed guild.

But who says there can't be Orcs with a code of justice, it'd surprise the gaming community but we could attempt being an Orc/Mahirim guild... as long as we could set the town guards to allow humans etc for trade purposes.

It reminds me of WoW, the more I think back about it the more I think that me and the other WoW leadership at the time probably could of made the faction more enjoyable if we had agreed on being Horde.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm betting on the Human alliance. If we go with Orcs and Mahirim, fine, but my concept of Crimthan and playing any real humanoid would be almost out of the question. However, it would definitely add some new scope for character identity...Mahirim make me think of were-wolves. Interesting.

[Linked Image]

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

It reminds me of WoW, the more I think back about it the more I think that me and the other WoW leadership at the time probably could of made the faction more enjoyable if we had agreed on being Horde.

I dont think that would have mattered much.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
You CAN have a multifaction guild (when I say multifaction I am grouping humans/dwarfs/elfs in one faction, orks/maharim in two and Alfar obviously in the last) but it is going to be difficult for this reason...

--------------------------------

Remember that human NPC hirelings, such as guards and vendors, will not tolerate Orks and Alfar players, and may attack them on sight, even though they are in the same Clan. In Alfar towns, NPC guards will attack any character that isn’t an Alfar.

here will most certainly be Clans in Darkfall with players from all races. We predict that this will be small evil Clans, which will set up their Clan headquarters in remote locations, and not get involved in city conquest or empire building, since it will be almost impossible for these Clans to recruit NPC hirelings to help defend their cities and to run their shops. It’s possible in theory that a strong mixed race clan could run cities and conquer new territories without the help of NPC hirelings, even though it should be very hard to accomplish.

--------------------------------

For one we have to wait and see what happens first. If you want to trade with someone outside your faction its going to happen outside a city unless the city has no guards kinda like black market trading (and city with no guards looks like not a very smart move but im not going to get into how it can be done, or how a multifaction clan can have cities with guards and accomplish the same thing as a single faction guild dont want to get too far off topic...)

anyway whatever faction we choose DFO is going to own!

hydr

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard