KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#63922 04/23/10 04:28 PM
Krayton Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Much like Yissu, my wife gets very offended and feels very ignored (and it has been the source of much fighting) when i put my headphones on.

Pretty much it came down to me stomping on my headphones and throwing them in the garbage. That's how its going to stay because my marriage is the most important thing in my life (duh) but i wanted to give you all a heads up about it.

I may be able to be in vent to listen to people during IMPORTANT sieges but for the most part i just wont be able to talk in it anymore.

Just letting everyone know so they are not bothered by me not being in vent. Also any officers feel free to let me know if this will be an issue of any sort or will affect what i can participate in. I will do my best to remain a worthwhile member but from now on it will be without a headset because seeing her that upset just isnt worth it.

Thanks for understanding

8====D ---- <3 Krayton <3

Krayton #63926 04/23/10 04:34 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Wife > MMORPG. You made the right move.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #63934 04/23/10 04:42 PM
Band 6
Band 6
Right move bud!

Former KGB Member
Syloc #63940 04/23/10 05:05 PM
Krayton Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
haha thank you all, i was hoping for this reaction so everything would still work out well smile

Krayton #63946 04/23/10 05:16 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
pk's krayton...... now who they hell with my sex chat with at night ><

Krayton #63953 04/23/10 05:29 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
maybe ask Drakiis how he drugs his victims and have him give you a few basic pointers and we can fix this issue no problem.

Or you could do option 2. Grudge Fuck, shower, Grudge Fuck, shower, turkey sandwich, DFO.

I'm just say'n....

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I understand the issue and am not trying to insult anyone or cause a huge ruckus so let me make that very clear before I continue, I do not know or suggest that anyone here or anyone in particular is being this way.

How I see this as is personal insecurity, selfishness, childish, needy, possessive, and jealous and not from the person playing the game but the other party. What is wrong with a little private time? What is wrong with allowing the person you love some free time to spend it enjoying something they want to do? It's no different then someone reading a book, you don't see people becoming obsessive or angry that they are doing that, nor would you feel a need to have them sitting in your hip pocket during the time they are indeed reading said book.

I mean if you can't even play a simple game, or talk in vent, or whatever it may be without being guilt tripped over it or being accused of some horrible crime, then your chances of ever having real friends, and I don't mean the socially acceptable "her friends your friends, or the his friend her friends scenario". I mean friends of your own, maybe old friends from work or school, people you used to hang out with but because your married can't anymore. Because where's it stop? One day you can't game online or be in vent, the next day your at a tupperware party pretending to have a good time.

Sacrifice and compromise are fine as long as the benefits are more then a cold bed and isolation to only a one sided relationship. Just a opinion, and nothing was meant toward a particular person.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Tasorin #63964 04/23/10 05:40 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Krayton while I agree you made the wise move a part of me also asks why is she so insecure? Does she feel your making friends she can't control and just having a fit?

I don't know her all that well and not sure how long you've been married but shouldn't something you find enjoyable in life make her happy? I'm betting she has "her" things she enjoys and expects "you" to understand.

This is comming from a guy who'll have his 14th anniversary next month so I've been through those ups and downs and honestly my wife is happy knowing I'm at home, with my headset on playing games and NOT out whoring, gambling and getting arrested.

It's a catch 22 but honestly when do you get to enjoy life?

Ictinike #63966 04/23/10 05:41 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I like crack cocaine, hookers, and vodka

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Ictinike #63971 04/23/10 05:51 PM
Krayton Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Krayton while I agree you made the wise move a part of me also asks why is she so insecure? Does she feel your making friends she can't control and just having a fit?

I don't know her all that well and not sure how long you've been married but shouldn't something you find enjoyable in life make her happy? I'm betting she has "her" things she enjoys and expects "you" to understand.

This is comming from a guy who'll have his 14th anniversary next month so I've been through those ups and downs and honestly my wife is happy knowing I'm at home, with my headset on playing games and NOT out whoring, gambling and getting arrested.

It's a catch 22 but honestly when do you get to enjoy life?

No i hear you guys and to a small degree it could be the issue with this.

A fair amount was that i spend too much time because im unemployed. Instead of us spending the night together doing something i play the game, instead of my enjoying something we are doing she can somehow sense that im thinking about playing video games.
In her defense my actions are insulting and a bit of a sign of addiction possibly. I also did it for me because i had been slightly neglectful.
Not HORRIBLY neglectful and i can see that some of you understand how this goes haha. I will always have a warm bed to go to whether or not i play the game, but like arkh said Wife > MMORPG and my urge to play was making that seem like the other way around.
The majority of this was me being in the wrong, she likes you guys (shes Astara Reyanis in the game) and doesnt mind if im friends with you. She just doesnt like how i literally never hear her talking to me with the headset on (but honestly it is hard to hear her) Ive tried one ear off the headset and still sometimes i get a bit too glued to the screen.
I was disrespectful to her and her worth, shes sensitive so naturally she takes that as she is not important or worth it. This is just me doing the right thing and showing her that she has my attention above the game, it has nothing to do with me talkin to you guys, just me getting too sucked into the game for too long.
This has been a few months now of my unemployment, the game kills my worries and thoughts for awhile, I should be sworn into active Army this coming thursday if all goes well though so the "over use" of this game as a brain killer will be .... lessened.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard