KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#63260 04/17/10 11:37 AM
Sarasin Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I love KGB. I love Darkfall. I love pvp, and I love the good leadership.

I am having a hard time dealing with the lack of Discipline.

If you do not have rank, follow. If you overextend in pvp, and die....YOU made a bad decision. If you do not listen to the senior Commander, and die....YOU made a bad decision. Don't call your buddies into a firefight YOU had no business being in, to begin with.

If you make bad decisions, and lose your gear. Do not qq. That is how we learn, do not repeat the actions and you will reduce the likelihood of reproducing the results. Stick with the same actions/same results then you're just an idiot.

If you have rank in this organization and YOU do not exemplify what it means to be KGB in combat, then YOU are a bad leader. YOU are leading people down the wrong road, getting your buddies killed, and donating our hard earned gear to the enemy...who has us on farm status.

Some of you have all day long to regear and play this game. Some of us do not. I celebrate the good leadership, but I am truly growing weary of the bad leadership.

If we expect an attack, why are we standing around the bank and dying in the first salvo? Why are we STILL taking more damage from friendlies then enemies? Why do we still pvp like kids chasing a soccer ball? Why do some of our officers ROUTINELY disobey orders? overextend? and QQ afterwards?

Why do we STILL not have the Champions info updated?

I know this is a game..it's a game. That we all devote a considerable amount of REAL time to. If someone needs help with logistics, production, organization, etc. ask.

But we need to get our shit together. This is one guys perspective, but I am tired of donating gear to the enemy because we make the SAME stupid errors week after week. I take pride in my contributions and in my work, and I am proud of KGB...but we are not even close to scratching the surface of our potential.

We can pat ourselves on the back..but face it: Thank god for TCA.

People, practice DOES NOT make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. You fight the way you train, so we HAVE to train the way we want to fight. That takes just a small ounce of coordination, a small ounce of discipline combined with a small ounce of commitment.

I love you guys, and I often wish we lived closer so we could break bread together. I am at a point where I am wondering if I should take a break and give the organization a couple months to see if this process of change actually LEADS us where we need to be.

If there is something I can do, tell me: this is an open forum. If you see me making stupid mistakes, please remind me. For those of you making stupid mistakes right now...I am reminding you.

Peace out, love forever, hugs and kisses, tender awakenings, erotic liaisons etc.

Sarasin #63262 04/17/10 11:53 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
A great post, and take my word for it I am 100% sure your not the only one thinking about these things or feeling this way. These are all good suggestions and observations and in my humble opinion right now the best thing people can do is play the best THEY can individually.

Sure this is a game based on team work, however if everyone practices good gaming habits and starts paying attention to the things you mentioned as a individual then perhaps we can start coming together as a team.

Quote:
Peace out, love forever, hugs and kisses, tender awakenings, erotic liaisons etc.

Nice ending

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #63265 04/17/10 01:16 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
A great post, and take my word for it I am 100% sure your not the only one thinking about these things or feeling this way. These are all good suggestions and observations and in my humble opinion right now the best thing people can do is play the best THEY can individually.

Sure this is a game based on team work, however if everyone practices good gaming habits and starts paying attention to the things you mentioned as a individual then perhaps we can start coming together as a team.

Quote:

Nice ending

I agree because we are all for the most part rational adults capable of accomplishing much more than we actually are right now.

First though let me say i have noticed many improvements and i think were always doing better smile

anyway,

Even if a leader does not do exactly as we feel necessary, it STILL boils down to the expression "to many chiefs not enough indians" in terms of our current status

Team work does/should include a review of any decisions made AFTER the fact... in which members should be allowed to express any actions made (after all, no one is perfect). However, it also includes a "second nature" like submission to authority whether or not decisions of a leader were a good idea.

For the most part in any battle, i keep my head down, try to remain silent / keep it "short and sweet". If ANY of you have heard ANY more than me saying "this is krayton, there are 2 reds NE of andruk on my position" then feel free to fuck my butthole straight off the planet.

I follow orders, i do my best not to clutter vent... if i dont know what to do then i talk in clan or use a PM. When i see others failing to do something this simple and going "blah blah blah" i actually switch channels (with a few others who are also good followers)

after that i simply hope PVP command will end up giving me the information necessary so that i can avoid a headache in the larger channel.

To sum it up, were better than a dumbass headache (and we all seem to feel that way anyway which is an attitude i like).

soooooooo

FUCKING PROVE IT GUYS! (and GIRLS)

Drakiis #63266 04/17/10 01:21 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
All these points and more have been raised lately, multiple times in the leadership forum.
We know there is a problem. We know what it is.
Now we need to pull our fingers out of our asses and do things.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #63267 04/17/10 01:40 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Never mind..

I rather bring the points of interest and issues we face directly to leadership on a 1:1 manner..

Sorry,

-Ictinike

Last edited by Ictinike; 04/17/10 01:41 PM.

Ictinike #63268 04/17/10 01:46 PM
Band 6
Band 6
This issue has been raised multiple times, on multiple forums in multiple meetings. Have no fear, this will be addressed one way or another. And if not well ...

Former KGB Member
Syloc #63271 04/17/10 02:19 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Being a weak sauce nooblet I find it rather easy to follow at the heels of our generals and follow the group.

Solo work just isn't gonna work for someone with my skill set atm XD

One thing I have yet to see but been assured does actually happen is group training. I have asked about these several times and just been told THEY happen, but I'll be on for damn near 24 hrs and never see anything of the sort actually go on.

That said we should really get a schedule down on such events practice raiding ourselves testing our city weaknesses and strengths using everything we know to our advantage when facing raiding parties.

Something to the effect of around crew changing time say for example the afternoon crew raids the night crew to get them warmed up for the night defenses and so on around the clock. Would greatly improve and expose areas of our ranks that need to be worked on more.

Few things we have improved upon since we first lived in Andruk when I joined is chasing out into the field.... Even as a noob I knew that was just kinda dumb. THANK GOD we finally figured that out XD. One thing I am going to suggest to improve city defense is active watch tower scouts, Basically if your actively macroing some spell get ur macro buddy on the tower with you and keep a watch for incoming raid parties.... or even just having 1 or 2 of us just watching the north and south actively will give more than a 2 sec warning when a raid party is inbound. I am sure eventually when our numbers are thick enough we can expand our warning system to patrol groups or in robes riding around on mounts.

Last edited by Raiden MarkIV; 04/17/10 02:26 PM.

Ictinike #63285 04/17/10 03:08 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Never mind..

I rather bring the points of interest and issues we face directly to leadership on a 1:1 manner..

Sorry,

-Ictinike

Its no biggie icti wink

Krayton #63294 04/17/10 04:17 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I have updated leadership policies. Please read them.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Krayton #63297 04/17/10 05:00 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Krayton
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Never mind..

Sorry,

-Ictinike

Its no biggie icti wink

No, no it wasn't intended as a "I'll do this my way, not your way" kinda thing..

I've had some discussions with various leaders 1 on 1 about things I wished to discuss and I'll just continue those discussions as they started..

I just read the new policy and it addresses many things so for now lets see how things roll smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard