KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#60371 03/05/10 07:08 PM
Syloc Offline OP
Band 6
OP Offline
Band 6
Combat Looting and You
By Syloc deKGB

So I was told, in no uncertain terms by a friend of mine, that I can be one horribly depressing at times. I mean sure, I’m Asian, but who isn’t these days? Am I right? Oh wait … That’s no excuse! So, consider this my distinct effort to be positive about the days ahead! In fact, I promise I will use the word “positive” at least six times this post!

Oh well, onto the business at hand. Combat looting.

First off, let me say that KGB has no official stance or policy on combat looting other than the polite, yet discreet, advice saying, “Don’t do it.” It is of the opinion that it is an impossible thing to police, and while we fully expect that the membership tries their best NOT to combat loot – let’s face it, everyone does it.

Yes, I said it. I am POSITIVE that everyone does it. In fact, there are raids where every single one of my kills is combat looted by a new recruit and/or member that sees MC or TAO combat looting and goes along with the crowd. There have been times when I would be fighting until the last enemy dies, and then vent instantly fills with the loot that everyone just got just milliseconds after the last enemy died. (Yeah, bullshit you weren’t combat looting) If we, as KGB, tried to call everyone out on every instance of membership combat looting, we’d have to kick everyone in the guild. (Even I’ve done it once or twice)

However. That’s not an excuse.

I can't control other guilds or groups, that's a fact. However, we can control what goes on in our own groups. As long as I am in the group, you should NOT be combat looting PERIOD. I am POSITIVE that I will not only call you out and I might actually stop and consider knocking you off the corpse just to get your attention. I am POSITIVE that it will lead to group deaths, and I am POSITIVE that you’ll quickly learn the right way of playing by your death by my scrawny hands.

However, if you aren’t in a group of mine, do whatever the hell you want. I’m not to nitpick everyone’s playstyle, no matter how degrading it is. (However, if you’re a sponsored recruit, be smart and don’t do it.)

Let me tell you the reality. All our allies combat loot to an alarming degree and there’s nothing we can do about it. It’s time to get over that, and the “Oh they are doing it,” is an excuse that just doesn’t cut it. We are KGB. We take the high road. If that means we don’t get loot, then that means we don’t get loot.

Now I’m not saying watch your back whenever you’re out. I, nor anyone who shares my opinion, will not be watching everyone like a hawk and being a complete ahole. We will all, at one point or another, combat loot for a mount, infernal gear, or some other stupid reason we deem appropriate.

Reality is, if you’re just screwing around near NPC cities and I’m not in the group, sure, go ahead and combat loot. I don’t really give a flying crap. I am POSITIVE that it’ll be a blast and you’ll get good loot.

However, if I am in the group, and we’re going after guilds or raiding a city. DO NOT COMBAT LOOT. Here’s why I play the game. To win. I don’t get excited over an R60. I Don’t get excited about looting a set of infernal. I get excited by enemies dying, and if you expect to fight with the Champions, we fight until EVERY SINGLE ENEMY is dead. In fact, there are times, especially in big battles, that I won’t loot a single corpse because I’m busy killing.

Here’s the bottom line. You won’t loot as much playing this way. You’ll pass over a lot of gear playing this way. However, you’ll also kick ass playing this way.

I’m not saying be uber conservative, if you ask “Anyone has eyes?” and no one responds, FUCK YAH loot that corpse. If you don’t have a mount and you need one, look into that grave that you thought had a mount. (Say it in vent though) However if we’re in a group versus group battle, and we kill a couple singles and it turns into a chase, I expect you to get on your mount, and CHASE with us, not dick around a corpse because you think just because the enemy is running, it’s ok to loot.

I’m POSITIVE you’ll have more fun this way too – and the more infectious it gets, the less other people will do it.

Despite it all, this is really a minor issue that's gotten out of hand recently. This is the World of Warcraft factor, where everyone's so concerned about loot they forget why we play the game.

For each other. And if your going out with me, I expect you to have my back ... because i'll have yours.

No moron. That grave isn't my back. In fact, i'm POSITIVE that's not my back.

Syloc "The Positive" deKGB

P.S. Oh shit was that seven? Screw Math, I have a banana peal.

Last edited by Syloc; 03/05/10 08:31 PM.

Former KGB Member
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Go Go Angry Asian Powers...

Form of a Banana Peal!!

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

Form of a Banana Peal!!

Some one send Tasorin back to school and teach him how to spell...

Syloc: TLDNR

Kidding. Good post.

My name is Kaotic and I support this post.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

Form of a Banana Peal!!

Some one send Tasorin back to school and teach him how to spell...

Syloc: TLDNR

Kidding. Good post.

My name is Kaotic and I support this post.

It's called posting from the back of a meeting via my BB. Sometimes I have to break a few eggs to keep my super duper status alive.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
BOING

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Syloc
Let me tell you the reality. All our allies combat loot to an alarming degree and there’s nothing we can do about it. It’s time to get over that, and the “Oh they are doing it,” is an excuse that just doesn’t cut it. We are KGB. We take the high road. If that means we don’t get loot, then that means we don’t get loot.

Holy shit! Someone finally understands!
Please read this over and over.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
Originally Posted By: Syloc

Holy shit! Someone finally understands!
Please read this over and over.

EXACTLY!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
The ONLY time I ever see combat looting as an acceptable act is if you are completely out of regs =/

Other than that one reason poking a head into a grave just gives the enemy an open back to hit.

And on a 2nd note..... we are not that poor to NEED loot from sieges and such anyways are we =)

Link Copied to Clipboard