KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 31 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,527 Trump card
1,342,063 Picture Thread
480,078 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
GAMING TODAY
There just isnt anything out there that is interesting enough to a broad audience like KGB. For the last several months, some of us have gone back to the tried and true. Some of us are just taking a break. What we lack is a game that will once again unite us.

You are invited to share your ideas in this thread as to what you think the future holds for us and what games you think we will all be motivated to play together. I can tell you from personal experience, that I am anxious to play a game with my KGB brothers and sisters. I come in and sit down ay my machine, but then I realize there is nothing new out there right now that excites me.

I think this is for alot of reasons. One is the coming out of the console gaming system. I think this had a big impact, but wont spell the end of PC gaming. For instance, WOW was the most successful release ever for a game.

Again, share your opinions, lets start talking about where we are going!

State of the KGB Nation
For KGB this is a time of change. I have purchased the new system that I am beefing up to co-locate at my ISP for the KGB's 9th birthday coming up in June. This will host several virtual machines under VMWARE server that will run our website, and we will host both Ventrillo and Team Speak servers on our own system. I have been thinking about Battlefield 2 and Counter Strike Source servers also to give us a place to hang out and shoot each other.

We have a core group of online friends that I think is very strong. Once my work travelling is completed at teh end of May, I want to try something. Not sure what that is yet, but maybe you guys can steer me in the right direction. I dont travel again till 2007 so I will have some time to waste on my gaming habit.

June of 2006 will mark our 9th year in existance. This makes us one of the oldest gaming organizations on the internet. As always we will need to adapt and change, but I want all of you to know that I am committed to this organization and will keep the infrastructure running as long as I am around.

In your Service,

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Ya its a shame. I am really excited about Dark Fall, but its a small Dev team that seems to refuse to expand. So there is no telling when the game will actualy come out.

Id love to show you guys how FPS is done aswell : P But atleast for the moment only games i play are FPS, and i have been playing CS:S preety serously latley.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I wish there was some sort of game that we could play that was free. are any of these fps games free, just dont want to spend cash on something that we are not going to play together on.

Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
Yea I have just been coasting... thinking of heading to one of the free UO servers though just for somthing to do!

Vincent
My first sci-fi novel is out and its free details : http://losttalesofpower.com
Former Member
Former Member
We'll always have Sanctuary.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I wonder how hard it would be to host our own UO server and if the code is out there. Anyone know?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Band 1 *
Band 1 *
hye vydor u can come play hyrbid or divinity. both servers have got to have the biggest group of old school pvp's from pac and siege ever. if u need anything, just holla.

oh and check out runuo.com jet, some of the best servers use that. they are the makers of hybrid and divinity, probably best free servers out there to my knowledge.

Last edited by nitekon; 04/25/06 12:45 PM.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
VMware is teh uber

Jet you ever use GSX or ESX? I've only used Server & Workstation, but they pwn it up for smaller environments.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I'm still playing WoW but I'd love the opportunity to play anything with you all again. If you build it, they will come.

StoneGiant

Quote:

I wonder how hard it would be to host our own UO server and if the code is out there. Anyone know?

The code is most defintly out there.... been wondering the same thing myself but not looked into it yet....

Vincent
My first sci-fi novel is out and its free details : http://losttalesofpower.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard