KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 69 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,036,601 Trump card
1,342,513 Picture Thread
481,113 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#57024 01/13/10 12:26 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
what is it for?

is it just for the clan alts like bartender ect or is it aimed at all the kgb player alts?

if its aimed at the player alts its only real purpuse that i can see is to help with the transfer of materials from alts normaly in npc cities to mains in andruk.

for this to work there should be a clear CKGB bank policy with nothing stored in the clan bank eveyone is an officer with give and take access and a clan CKGB alt stationed in andruk so that KGB mains can transfer items back and forth to there alts.

Instrument #57026 01/13/10 05:16 AM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Yes, it is aimed at crafting/ harvesting alts, as well as for those with excessive alts that will for obvious reasons not be PvPing with them all at once.

Yes, there will be a clear bank policy that will leave the bank, for the most part, empty. Allowing members to transfer materials as well as items between their KGB tagged members or between each other in CKGB.

The alliance will be returning "ally" status to CKGB, so having members stationed in Andruk is also not a problem.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Romeo_Montague #57028 01/13/10 05:47 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
Yes, it is aimed at crafting/ harvesting alts, as well as for those with excessive alts that will for obvious reasons not be PvPing with them all at once.

Yes, there will be a clear bank policy that will leave the bank, for the most part, empty. Allowing members to transfer materials as well as items between their KGB tagged members or between each other in CKGB.

The alliance will be returning "ally" status to CKGB, so having members stationed in Andruk is also not a problem.

This sounds great. Now having an alt untagged complicates things getting mats and things to my main.

Ictinike #57029 01/13/10 05:56 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
grave peril instruments alt
application in for ckgb

Instrument #57086 01/13/10 09:43 PM
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
So I haven't been around much recently, so maybe I'm missing something obvious...

What benefit does this offer? It doesn't sound like it will help get stuff from alts to main character, since our mains won't be able to access the CKGB clan vault at all. How does tagging to CKGB weigh against the risk of being war-dec'ed? Am I missing the big picture here?

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
Slinger #57087 01/13/10 10:03 PM
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Slinger
So I haven't been around much recently, so maybe I'm missing something obvious...

What benefit does this offer? It doesn't sound like it will help get stuff from alts to main character, since our mains won't be able to access the CKGB clan vault at all. How does tagging to CKGB weigh against the risk of being war-dec'ed? Am I missing the big picture here?

The main thing it does is paint a more accurate picture of our numbers and makes KGB not looked bloated.

As is, KGB proper is one of the largest guilds in Darkfall. We have over 90 tagged characters, mostly because nearly everyone has an alt and some people 2 or 3.

This makes us look zergish, the alliance look zergish, and basically reflects poorly on not only us but our allies.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Kay #57091 01/14/10 05:14 AM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Kay
Originally Posted By: Slinger

The main thing it does is paint a more accurate picture of our numbers and makes KGB not looked bloated.

As is, KGB proper is one of the largest guilds in Darkfall. We have over 90 tagged characters, mostly because nearly everyone has an alt and some people 2 or 3.

This makes us look zergish, the alliance look zergish, and basically reflects poorly on not only us but our allies.

What Kay said is absolutely correct.
We have people tagged to KGB that do nothing but bolsters our imaginary numbers and make us look like the big powerhouse that we are not. There are also members who have no desire to do anything other then craft and/or harvest, which is completely acceptable, but they have no reason to remain tagged to the main clan which will be held to specific PvP rules come later down the line.

I understand the problem with transferring items between chars, but the regular KGB bank has constantly become full due to either members bags sitting in it for to long before pick-up; members donating massive amounts of specific items (ie: R0 staffs); and those members who die with items on them from the bloodwall but do not pick-up their bag for a few days...it cannot handle all of the items that are constantly being put in it. On top of this we have the huge influx of membership and it is no longer easy to clear out the clan bank to rank others up to grab their items.

It is also an easy way for those members who do not live in Andruk, to get their items to other members in Andruk. My alt lives in Andruk and every so often I have to either run to Elf lands or wait for one of the KGB alts to head into Andruk. Now I have the option of them dropping their items into the clan bank to sell them to me and they can pick-up their gold from the bank as well without having to make the trip. This is not the main purpose of the clan, but gives additional utility to it.

In the end, we are giving off an image that we cannot back-up. Most of the leadership has wanted to remove alts for quite sometime as we are being held to a higher regard then we can actually prepare for. This method just gives a home to those alts who still like to wear the KGB tag as well as a way to keep those members who have only the desire to craft/harvest/play the game for other aspects then PvP, a way to still be in communication with the rest of KGB.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Romeo_Montague #57115 01/14/10 08:06 AM
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
This is a good thing and as many know I've always supported it. Bring on the days of the CKGB!

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Thomas #57116 01/14/10 08:25 AM
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
When I drop tags with KGB and wait the 45 minutes, does the game automatically kick me from the stone? Should we go to the chaos stone, bind, drop tags, then get into CKGB?

#57122 01/14/10 09:34 AM
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Squared
When I drop tags with KGB and wait the 45 minutes, does the game automatically kick me from the stone? Should we go to the chaos stone, bind, drop tags, then get into CKGB?

Once your tag is gone, you will be bind kicked automatically. You won't be bind kicked until the tag drops though unless it is done manually.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard