KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Syloc Offline OP
Band 6
OP Offline
Band 6
Quote:
There seems to be a misconception about our resolve on the above activities so we'll explain some of what we do:

In-game exploits: Our GMs are instructed to give out warnings and to escalate temporary bans to permanent ones. This is done diligently. We get a detailed report on all activities and we monitor repeat offenders very closely and by monitor I mean we look very deep at all their activities and interactions.

We also watch for any abnormal patterns in the logs and investigate them. We've gone into clan vaults and wiped them out, wiped player inventories, and mass banned accounts in the past.

We are updating our policy on exploiting to start with a 3 day ban and a warning for the first offense, it will continue in a bank wipe, and end with a perma-ban.

Macroing / Botting

We've taken many measures to make macroing unnecessary and we're still at it. As such we're updating our policy on macroing to start with a 24 hour ban for the first offense, a one week ban for the second, a bank wipe, and finally a perma-ban.

Hacks: Players that use third party programs to hack are getting banned every day. We've said it before that you WILL get banned if you're using these programs, not only if you appear to be using them. We are constantly improving our detection methods and we believe that cheating by use of third party programs isn't making a difference in the game. Our policy to third party program use is immediate perma-ban without a warning or an explanation.

Gold Farming: We've busted up several gold farming rings, banned many accounts and confiscated goods.

If you see players exploiting, botting, and going unpunished, this is just one moment in time and this doesn't mean that they're getting away with anything. Most of all, we're finding out what can be exploited and we plug all the holes as fast as possible. We believe that prevention is far superior to enforcement but that doesn't mean we don't go all out on the enforcement.

We also play all the games you play and knowing things from the inside it's very hard for us to believe that any other outfit is putting as much work into prevention and enforcement as we do. This is a matter of great importance to us. We don't like to talk about it often and we definitely don't like to make examples of or to humiliate players who are getting punished anyway, so perhaps the perception isn't en par with our efforts.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=226068

Former KGB Member
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Nice, and be careful on the Macros!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
So..we can assume AUTOIT and LOOT MACROS will get you banned..the question is will G13, G15 or Nostromo use also get you banned if your not using them to macro.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Autoit and Loot ASSIST will not get banned. No way, no how, absolutely never. I can guarantee it.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Kay
Autoit and Loot ASSIST will not get banned. No way, no how, absolutely never. I can guarantee it.

I concur with this statement. Claus has said off record several times that Autoit and external programs like it, that simulate button pushing are almost non detectable by the client security.

What they can catch via the game logs, is your ass being logged in for long durations in which most people couldn't support the actual time drain, yet like clockwork, you stayed logged in and macro'd to inhuman levels of repetitive button pushing.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I think when they talk exploits, they mean radar, aim bots, etc.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
You guys are nothing if not optomistic..LOL. Works for me.

Syloc Offline OP
Band 6
OP Offline
Band 6
That's why i'm here. lol

AV has kicked people temporarily in cities for macroing in the past.

I don't believe they'll ever perm-ban for macoring, but I do think they'll kick you if you do it in a public area.

This is what's bad about AV, they say they're against macroing but they won't really punish those that do.

They should really just create a macoring program for Darkfall and be done with it. Either that, or take a stand and say Autoit is illegal.

Last edited by Syloc; 12/11/09 12:51 PM.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Yah, I got bounced one day for swimming against the pier poles outside Copper whatever....never swam in or near populations again...interesting what they choose to key in on, and I believe someone has to see you and complain, but who knows.

Link Copied to Clipboard