KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 33 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,541 Trump card
1,341,034 Picture Thread
478,979 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
jeffer Offline OP
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
J
Player Skill vs Player Stats clarified
Tons of posts all contain the bickering back and forth between skill and stats which is better. Darkfall uses a decimal system for their weapons and armor, for example a rank 0 sword has .36 damage and a chain breastplate has 1.22 slashing protection(not exact figures). Now a rank 40 sword has say .56 damage, upon first look this seems irrelevant and leads the population to say look at this the gear doesnt make much difference the damage increase from rank to rank is to small to matter. Now im not a math wizard and i dont understand their system fully but im assuming it goes something like weaponskill*str stat*weap base damage = hit damage. In Darkfall, You can figure this is how it is calculated by the damage increase over playtime using the same rank weapon ie weaponskill str as a new player with rank 0 vs 50 skill 30 str with a rank 0 weapon.
What does all this mean? it means even though the fanbois in Darkfall Game like to claim the new layer can win versus a seasoned player its purely bs. They can flame and say oh but i do everyday and id like to say no you probably think their a seasoned player because people with 75-100 skill wear banded armor just like 10-30 skill level people do. Lets put this in even clearer perspective, char A is fairly new has 220hp and 25 weaponskill. In Darkfall, Player B has 280 hp and 100 weaponskill. both are using no armor and a rank 0 sword. Player A is hitting for around 6-13 damage depending on weapon type. Player B is hitting for around 15-28 depending on weapontype. Even if player A is really coordinated and Player B is a Mental retard with one arm, the fight will most likely go to the person hitting 3 times hard than the other specially since 28x8 kills player A while 13x25 is what it will take to kill player B.Skill will help you in a fairly evenly stat'd match but when it comes down to which is more important stats/gear way supercedes player skill. Theres players hitting for 50-90 with high end stats vs newbs hitting for 6-10 whos going to win? Find a wall and autorun into it for about 2 months, and macro skills for another 2 months while you fulltime play another game so when you finally do decide to playdarkfall youll at least be competitive stat wise.Thank you for reading guides about Darkfall Article Recourse from http://www.seven-24.com

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
your right player skill really doesn't matter

And when you have equal stat chars and skills etc some is strategy of the fight and is pretty even but gear will play 10X the factor in that fight

But the grind isn't as bad as the most populure games on the market at all i mean i could raid 8 hours a day for 2 months straight hoping that i might complete my raid set for the next xpac coming

Just because the grind is rough for some the final point for me is i want to burn cities down and take all of peoples shit so while i play for that anyways my stats go up ... if it takes you three months of grinding to be competeive then hey it takes you three months thats all :P

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Interesting and accurate to a point. Let me say that skill is part of it, and regardless of Jeffer's perspective, a new player, with a rank 0 weapon CAN defeat a seasoned player, depending on luck, and the gear of the seasoned player. If of course the seasoned player is smart, and is geared, you betcha, your gonna lose your hiney.

And do not fool yourself, I run around 90% of the time in armor with 100 truforge 100 skill..sadly low mastery, but still with durabilities that are high as hell, level 40 weapons and such, and when fighting again someone with higher level weapons I feel the pain..and without good food and pots, I lose. Skill is important, perhaps not as important as stats on armor and weapons, but important none the less.

I suggest you work on all the factors and practice when you are not running into a corner, swimming in circles or beating friends afk on a bloodwall..practice fighting, mounted, dismounted, ranged and close..raise parry at all costs as this will frustrate the hell out of archers and can stave off some magic attack damage..and kill enemies and take their stuff.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
lol vuldan how can you say skill matters and follow up with if the other guy has better guy i'm prob gonna lose :P

I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I was tired when I responded, but dont think thats what I said..LOL. Stop sniffin the mre cook tabs...my point was, from my experience so far, that skill does matter, that gear is so so in the equation..I can't determine at this point whether much of it is more than just luck...lol

Last edited by Vuldan; 09/19/09 10:44 AM.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Ok...lets see..I think my arguement is mute...case in point..Vuldan meets Drakeon Blood something or other...he fires several arrows, Vuldan fires several arrows from his enchanted flame bow..vuldan eats, drinks stam pot and both close, drawing polearms..Vuldan is in scale and R30 pole, he is in Plate and R40 pole..Good fight..Vuldan has about 1/4 life left, he has less than a 10th, special move and whammo...Vuldan lying on the ground...damn...not sure of his skill numbers, but he said he was running out of stam which was why he did not special move me earlier..

All of this to say, better gear wins..I shut up. More reason for me to hunt for Necessary Evil..lol

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Gear makes a difference with equal skilled players that best way i can put it

Also situation as in 99% of fights rely on whats happening around them.. i mean everyone can get lucky heh

I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Yah..my biggest concern now is actually magics. As we all know, they are way, way overpowered, with no real counter. I fought a guy last night who clearly was equal to me in melee, but he switched to magic and I was done for..65.9 health hit, 9 stam were his averages face on to me and I was in plate..took about 7 hits, even with my food and pots, and I was simply dead meat. I am praying they come up with a reasonable counter to magics, rather than nerf them, but I bet the nerf hammer hits em.

Last edited by Vuldan; 09/23/09 04:38 AM.

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
hehe yea.. magic is the way to go to deal some serious damage.

Always fun to watch PK's scramble when you lay a few ae's on them then start popping them with curse bolt.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Rep...I will have to agree completely. I maxed out weapons making..punched out some R40 halberds and am like OMG..lol..the damage difference between and R30 and R40 is seriously noticable.

And Val, I hate, make that HATE, magic using. I am and always have been a melee guy, which makes it hard when you feel like you MUST level up magic to be viable. Last night Banshee and I ran into two magic users by Evil Bastages land..we were doing fine (well, ok, Banshee was laying on the ground screaming help me before they even put him there..LOL) and of course, I got one and was so..I mean one hit..close to taking out the other when he did the spints jump, turn and cast BS on me and took me out with a fire who knows what. I expect that the ability to cast while jumping will certainly go the way of the archery while jumping, if they do not nerf magics in any other fashion...it will be interesting.

Until then I will continue pushing towards 100's across the board in all melee and add on skills..might not be much against a maxxed out mage, but still my thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard