KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 69 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,036,601 Trump card
1,342,513 Picture Thread
481,113 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#47729 06/07/09 05:03 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Despite a valiant effort, we were unable to stop the mass zerg siege against Andruk. This marks a change in style for KGB who has held a City since Day 1.

A poll is going up regarding our future. Make sure to voice your opinion.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Sad to see us with out a City. I am sure all our knights fought bravely and Tried their best.

Wish I could have been there with you!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
It was an honor to fight with you today..and what a day..hard to believe between the initial run to the first city and then the follow on all day fight in Andruk. Your forces comported themselves with valor and distinction. I salute you and know that KGB will make this a good thing. We are here to assist that effort in whatever manner you desire.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Yeah great fight, but
what did happen? (what is the overview from our battle)

we outnumbered them by 2:1, and we had the defense tatical advantage. But elemental magic rules the pvp..
You damaged xxx for 14 ..
You were damaged by xxx for 40-50 .. laugh

From our guild I think we had 30-40 members online to defende our city.. I think the same numbers from CotP

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I have to ask, which fight were you at? WE were outnumbered 3-1 at Andruk today. While elemental magic might have played a part, I watched a number of people just getting chopped to pieces. I myself and disappointed in the clan as a whole from todays unfortunate event. Timing was bad, we had hardly any members on...

Bottom line, Mercs played their cards right. Altho I know it was more than just mercs there.

I know setbacks like these happen from time to time, its to be expected. Its how we pick ourselves up after that measures a guilds worth.

Angel

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I could say, we have a combined allies number greater than them for sure inside the city. I was always throwing mana missile from the top of towers. And I was there when 100-120 mounted allies fighted 40 mercs in the open field laugh

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I'm not disappointed, we have fun!. Great fight.

Skills played a greater role today!!!(Elemental magic, hitting 4-5 people in one hit)

I could say, we have a combined allies number greater than them for sure inside the city. I was always throwing mana missile from the top of towers. And I was there when 100-120 mounted allies fighted 40 mercs in the open field laugh

KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
I was around for the fight as well.
Once we decided to go back and defend the city and try to repair, I'd estimate that we had at least 30-40% more forces in the city than they did.

There was a brief period where they lost some more guys too, but once we ran out of supplies on our side, they pushed right back into us and we couldn't take them. That bank was held down nicely and they protected the bank's weaknesses so they could continue to use it the entire fight.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
-- Tasho / Jaguar --
Band 2
Band 2
Man, sorry to hear you guys lost the city. I'm sure you put up a hell of a fight though. Anyone get video or screenshots?

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
The numbers are a factor in DFO, but not as much as people think. In reality, a skilled players, with maxxed weapons and mastery, as most of these enemies have, is capable of defeating 3 to 5 alone. That is a key factor.

In addition,they are a unit. If you had time or took time to watch them, rarely do they run off to do their own thing or leave the safety of their units. They had spent the last two weeks probing Andruk's defenses and resolve. And most likely were aware of the best time to strike. The fight itself was epic. They had the advantage, in that they controlled key areas of the city and the bank, which made it impossible to resupply inside the city, and they had allies who controlled approaches to the city, so that supplies could not be brought in. That was critical to their success.

I also noted that there were many leaders. I understand the need to have group leaders, but they should be executing directives from one single leader. I note this, only because it seems so many go their own way on our side. A concerted attack or defense, organized with the right tactics in DFO is not only effective, but can easily over come the advantages of higher skill levels in this game world.

It is important to note that the loss of bindspots, while limiting, did not really impact a large number of people, although I have heard this used as an excuse. Many found themselves in reasonable spots to Andruk, the problem was that 2' and 3's tried to come back, rather than a rally spot to build numbers, and were overwhelmed on the way by superior numbers of roaming bands of enemy. This, along with the highly charged state within the city walls, made it more confusing. There simply is not an easy "we coulda, shoulda, woulda" answer which will meet the needs of most. It was a multitude of things, which is normal in any battle. The trick will be in ensuring it never, ever happens that way again.

As noted by Sun Tzu;
The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.

This was not the case in Andruk. It probably should have been, but on that day, was not. No finger pointing, no blame, just something to learn from and change.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard