KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#46928 05/31/09 07:10 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I was reading forumfall, and it sounds as if The Mercs got a refund for their attempted siege on Andruk. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but there have been several sieges that have been stopped by the servers going down or crashing, and they did not refund the gold that was lost by other guilds.

This double-standard that have been created, I'm sure due to all of the crying, has disheartened me. I like this game, but I'm a staunch supported of good customer service. This act is hugely unfair to other guilds who have lost gold due to server issues - in essence, very poor customer service.

UO SP: AurelianoBuendia
UO Pac: Magus, Running Fool
DF: Arjuna
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
Honestly, they deserved a refund, so I think this is actually a good thing for the game, provided that every siege that ends this way is similarly refunded from now on. If you talk about how it was in the past, well, this game is totally different than it was when it launched, and it's unfair for new players but that's how it is.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm not saying it's not a good idea. It is, but it is extremely unfair and bad customer service to not treat everyone the same, and that's how I, and I'm sure others, are looking at this.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Then they should of risked there city and not a wager shard. If the server crashed they would of only been out the cost to siege and not a 200K wager.

That way when the server crash's because you attacked THE powerhouse in the North for CotC, you don't have to go Q_Q on Forumfall like bitch made fail cry babies TM is doing right now.

They made a mistake, and got caught with a lot of people on line prime time Sunday. They as well stirred the Hornet's nest even more with THREE sieges. So yes, people got phone calls and told to log in for a 4-6 hour window to put in work.

They should have known the server was going to be unstable, and risked putting there shard holder glitched into there city wall with an entourage around Inspector Gumdrop. A thinking leader (Unlike Osium), would of taken a holding this week and used that as there wager for this weekend instead of there current city. Removing the issue of using 200k of there millions (yes millions) of duped gold from the 6 week dupe window.

They should get what everyone else has received so far. No gold back for the wager, and no gold for KGB from the wager due to server down. Andruk locked down from siege for 24 hours, and TM free to start all over again on some other city.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
R
Ryu
Unregistered
Ryu
Unregistered
R
they should all be banned if they gold duped that has been the downfall of almost every game to date

Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Bad customer service in the past is no reason to continue the habit. If they're taking steps to refund siege money from now on, I support it. It's not like the money loss hurts The Mercs anyways.

Big guilds have the power to throw their weight around and influence devs. We did it with the siege last night, and The Mercs did it with theirs today.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
If McDonald's refuses to give you a refund after putting shit on your Big Mac, and then gives the guy behind you a refund, you're probably going stop going their.

This may be a moot point since McDonald's puts shit on everything.

Last edited by Aureliano; 06/01/09 12:59 AM.

Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Aureliano
If McDonald's refuses to give you a refund after putting shit on your Big Mac, and then gives the guy behind you a refund, you're probably going stop going their.

This may be a moot point since McDonald's puts shit on everything.

So instead of changing their customer service policies and start doing the right thing, they should continue to practice bad customer service and never change their ways simply because they had screwed people over in the past?

Sounds to me like a bitter and selfish argument that would be put up by someone who has a grudge from events of the past. (Not you, other guilds)

In Hoc Signo Vinces
S
Band 3
Band 3
S
meh, take a break for a couple of days as I hear ya. You should not quit simply so we can be a thorn in the arsehole to the Mercs as long as possible and as our skills close the gap we can hopefully change that thorn to a wrecking ball smile.

come on board for the big win

Inside every Hyperion is a KGB waiting to get out, we are here to help the wesux to get out
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
It is somewhat selfish, but it's also fair, consistent and simple.

If they were to revisit and correct the issues that happened in the past with sieges, mainly refunded other guilds who had lost because of server failures, then I would have no problems. Or, if they released some sort of statement letting everyone know about the change in advance, I would have no problems. I'm all for Aventurine changing their ways.

The issue is that a guild lost their gold, as many others have in the past, due to server issues, and that guild went crying on the forums and now Aventurine decides it's going to make things right and deviate form previous practice. Who's to say they'll do this from now on or for anyone else? No official statement has been made.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard