KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Band 3
Band 3
S
Starting the Swing and Jimbob donation should stuff have to be left behind smile.

come on board for the big win

Inside every Hyperion is a KGB waiting to get out, we are here to help the wesux to get out
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
NA server delayed by months at a minimum, per today's patch notes.

**Edit
I should have said the character transfer portion of the NA-1 sever.

Last edited by Tasorin; 05/28/09 01:38 PM.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Champion
KGB Champion
They didn't say months in the news update..only few days..so still expecting it to be in July. As far as transfers going though..those are months behind and no gear is going.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
First off, if the NA server really happens, I will be heading to it myself, regardless of CoTP intentions. But that is another story.

Having said that, AV would be making their most critical blunder should they allow ANY type of character transfer to the new NA server. It should be announced up front that this server will be clean, free of all of the exploit issues that plagues DFO from the onset and created the superuber players there today. A clean slate, and not just for 6 months, but for the long haul, forever. Do not allow one chance of a single piece of duped gold or duped skill sets to enter this new server. Those who do not like it can stay right where they are.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
First off, if the NA server really happens, I will be heading to it myself, regardless of CoTP intentions. But that is another story.

Having said that, AV would be making their most critical blunder should they allow ANY type of character transfer to the new NA server. It should be announced up front that this server will be clean, free of all of the exploit issues that plagues DFO from the onset and created the superuber players there today. A clean slate, and not just for 6 months, but for the long haul, forever. Do not allow one chance of a single piece of duped gold or duped skill sets to enter this new server. Those who do not like it can stay right where they are.

Pretty much has been my point from the onset. The only thing your going to gain is a lower ping time in which to get rolled by those who cheat, exploit, and hack. Seems I can get all of that I want on EU-1, why do I need NA-1 for that?

No toon transfers period, fix the majority of major exploits, and put an end to most AFK macroing of any sort.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: Zarad Zhuul
They didn't say months in the news update..only few days..so still expecting it to be in July. As far as transfers going though..those are months behind and no gear is going.

Actually it does say Months:

North American Server
Many of you saw the announcement our server hosting partner GNI made about the signing of our cooperation in North America.

We had already explained that we would be launching in North America sometime during Q2 2009 and this information is also in the FAQ:

We will be making our own announcement when we nail down an exact launch date for the NA server, there are a couple of things which may affect the launch date by a few days that are not ironed out completely yet. Character transfer/cloning will become available with a significant delay (months) and possible further restrictions. This concerns only the characters without any of their possessions. More on this at a later date.

There are several considerations to be taken into account including the fact that European rights and North American rights to Darkfall belong to different organizations.

Last edited by Valaria; 05/27/09 02:49 PM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
In other words, in NA, they do not have an ironclad EULA which makes you pay for beta, and in which they can treat you like crap..lol

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
read it again... the server will be up in July but they won't allow character transfers for "months".... this will allow the new characters and player base to become established in a "fair" environment.

I like this idea and don't mind starting a new character on NA server to do the grind. After those first few months if my old character on EU is more powerful I'll delete the NA one and xfer.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Here's the problem:

If they allow character transfers, with skills intact, to the
North American server(s), they will effectively kill any
chance of acquiring additional players in the long run.

There will be many who will give it a shot, but quickly learn
they have no chance of competing with a player base who were
allowed to max their skill sets by various exploits and macro
based game play. Without a level playing field, you simply
cannot compete in an environment this will set up. Since
the newer player base will be unable to take advantage of the
methods used to push skill sets early on, it will take far
longer to achieve the same results.

This will lead to frustration and the new players will vanish
just as quickly as they arrived. The only solution is to
ensure the exploits and macro enhanced skills are wiped to
ensure a level playing field. Otherwise, the new server will
only appeal to the existing player base and, over time,
eventually decay and disappear.

As to them waiting 'months' to allow existing character
transfers. . . I'll believe it when I see it. When pressured
by the almighty $$$$, folks tend to change their story
quickly.

Last edited by Daye; 05/27/09 04:59 PM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Thomas
read it again... the server will be up in July but they won't allow character transfers for "months".... this will allow the new characters and player base to become established in a "fair" environment.

I like this idea and don't mind starting a new character on NA server to do the grind. After those first few months if my old character on EU is more powerful I'll delete the NA one and xfer.

Thomas is correct, and I agree on liking the approach. This was probably the best method they could have done it. Also, none of the assets will be transferred over according the line after that, just the naked players, so all the exploited riches are out the window. It sounds refreshing to me.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard