The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Arkh US server : July 2009 - 05/26/09 02:47 PM
http://www.gni.com/node/147

If you didn't start playing, I think you should to learn the game before this server starts. Hope it's located on the east coast so I don't lose too much ping advantage.
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/26/09 03:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Arkh

If you didn't start playing, I think you should to learn the game before this server starts. Hope it's located on the east coast so I don't lose too much ping advantage.

Awesome, I hope we get to transfer our characters, I for sure want to go over. I will help in getting wood & stone for a NA city. smile
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/26/09 05:08 PM
Server transfers should be player wipes.

The only advantage to having a NA server without wiping the characters is the chance to have another land rush. That is a net loss for us. We didn't exploit to get our gold or resources, and I for one don't really want to build up another city.

Its kinda self defeating to allow characters who have had every advantage of skill exploiting, duping, and any other hack/exploit/cheat to increase there character skill or personal possessions on a new clean server.

Knowing how worthless and lack luster AV's ability to do anything right, they will probably just allow straight character transfers and the NA server will be mostly EU-1 clone with lower pings for NA players.

But hey, AV could pull its collective head out of its ass by then and have at least one or two major patch's before the new server comes out.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/26/09 05:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon

Awesome, I hope we get to transfer our characters, I for sure want to go over. I will help in getting wood & stone for a NA city. smile

4 months of donating every single stick of wood and every single pebble of stone, not to mention every coin of gold I didn't spend of the BASE skills....

And were still building the city. So its not like its some couple week donation rush. Building another NEW city is going to be a major task and undertaking for KGB.

Had we not traded up for Andruk, we would still be working on a longer list of crap to build, rather then just a single zap tower and the City Wonder left to build.

At least now with CotP with us, we have enough to stand alone and defend ourselves and don't need to be in the Nutcupping CotC anymore.
Posted By: Thomas Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/26/09 07:14 PM
dont be a downer dude.... many people want NA server transfer... hell even our allies do too.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/26/09 07:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Thomas
dont be a downer dude.... many people want NA server transfer... hell even our allies do too.

I am sorry the other side of the coin is a "downer", but it doesn't change any of the facts.

If as AV states, that Darkfall is a "Niche" game, then why in gods green earth would you allow the perpitration of one of the main things that kills "Niche" PvP games?

That thing is of course; cheating, exploiting, hacking, and duping which serve to tip the scales of balance in a competitive game so that those who do engage in these activities have a clear and distinct advantage.

When you could with one easy statement fix half the problem in not allowing toons to server transfer ill-gotten gains in gold, gear, and skills. Fixing the actual game mechanics that are exploitable is an ongoing problem which I don't expect them to fix anytime soon.

As well, you ought to know like most of us Thomas, the massive amount of gold, materials, and time it takes to build a city from scratch. At least were in a better position now then when we were at launch. I am not saying it wouldn't be another wonderful work brought to you by KGB and another thing in-game we could be proud of. But the facts don't change that we would have to pony up a metric fuck ton of resources and gold to get back what we have now.
Posted By: JetStar Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/26/09 08:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

4 months of donating every single stick of wood and every single pebble of stone, not to mention every coin of gold I didn't spend of the BASE skills....

And were still building the city. So its not like its some couple week donation rush. Building another NEW city is going to be a major task and undertaking for KGB.

Had we not traded up for Andruk, we would still be working on a longer list of crap to build, rather then just a single zap tower and the City Wonder left to build.

At least now with CotP with us, we have enough to stand alone and defend ourselves and don't need to be in the Nutcupping CotC anymore.

If we did not have the support of COTC, Andruk would be sieged and we would lose it within 24 hours.

We can't compete with the Mercs duping skills and gold at this time. It's just that simple.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/26/09 08:09 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

If we did not have the support of COTC, Andruk would be sieged and we would lose it within 24 hours.

We can't compete with the Mercs duping skills and gold at this time. It's just that simple.

That was meant to be inferred if we changed servers and there was a character wipe and we had to start a new city from scratch. That we wouldn't need CotC on the NA-1 server if there was a level playing field from the redo.

If there is no character/bank wipe the only thing your going to gain is a lower ping time. I know this isn't a news flash for you all, but TM is putting up with the same ping issues we are, half of them are PST and on the West Coast from my intel. The difference between them and us is the exploiting and duping. They did it wholesale on a mandated agenda, and took advantage the first 6 weeks of a exploitable gold dupe. While we choose to take the high ground, and rightly so, because I hate a cheater just as much as the next guy.

You think things are messed up now, wait until they get to start on a new server with the metric fuck ton of duped gold they have now. The only thing holding them back right now is wood, stone, and iron, which have never been able to be exploited or duped.
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/26/09 08:16 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

So is it yes or no on moving? I know it will suck having to start the city again, but it is a good thing to have a great ping. I hope the 8 meg connection I am about to get, cable so it will not be 8 meg sometime, anyway I hope it gives me a good ping on the EU server.
Posted By: Thomas Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 12:40 AM
basically what Jet is saying is... Goons have already stated they will move to NA server if it becomes available... if goons leave so does our major alliance and protection.

Also the week before NA launch you can be damned sure alliances will have that "we got nothing to lose so lets attack x,y,and z". So I have no doubt certain guilds will grow bigger balls for a week and attack places they normally wouldn't just to shake things up... kind of like server wars from UO.
Posted By: Swing Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 11:50 AM
Starting the Swing and Jimbob donation should stuff have to be left behind smile.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 05:30 PM
NA server delayed by months at a minimum, per today's patch notes.

**Edit
I should have said the character transfer portion of the NA-1 sever.
Posted By: Zarad Zhuul Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 06:26 PM
They didn't say months in the news update..only few days..so still expecting it to be in July. As far as transfers going though..those are months behind and no gear is going.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 07:43 PM
First off, if the NA server really happens, I will be heading to it myself, regardless of CoTP intentions. But that is another story.

Having said that, AV would be making their most critical blunder should they allow ANY type of character transfer to the new NA server. It should be announced up front that this server will be clean, free of all of the exploit issues that plagues DFO from the onset and created the superuber players there today. A clean slate, and not just for 6 months, but for the long haul, forever. Do not allow one chance of a single piece of duped gold or duped skill sets to enter this new server. Those who do not like it can stay right where they are.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 08:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
First off, if the NA server really happens, I will be heading to it myself, regardless of CoTP intentions. But that is another story.

Having said that, AV would be making their most critical blunder should they allow ANY type of character transfer to the new NA server. It should be announced up front that this server will be clean, free of all of the exploit issues that plagues DFO from the onset and created the superuber players there today. A clean slate, and not just for 6 months, but for the long haul, forever. Do not allow one chance of a single piece of duped gold or duped skill sets to enter this new server. Those who do not like it can stay right where they are.

Pretty much has been my point from the onset. The only thing your going to gain is a lower ping time in which to get rolled by those who cheat, exploit, and hack. Seems I can get all of that I want on EU-1, why do I need NA-1 for that?

No toon transfers period, fix the majority of major exploits, and put an end to most AFK macroing of any sort.
Posted By: Valaria Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 09:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Zarad Zhuul
They didn't say months in the news update..only few days..so still expecting it to be in July. As far as transfers going though..those are months behind and no gear is going.

Actually it does say Months:

North American Server
Many of you saw the announcement our server hosting partner GNI made about the signing of our cooperation in North America.

We had already explained that we would be launching in North America sometime during Q2 2009 and this information is also in the FAQ:

We will be making our own announcement when we nail down an exact launch date for the NA server, there are a couple of things which may affect the launch date by a few days that are not ironed out completely yet. Character transfer/cloning will become available with a significant delay (months) and possible further restrictions. This concerns only the characters without any of their possessions. More on this at a later date.

There are several considerations to be taken into account including the fact that European rights and North American rights to Darkfall belong to different organizations.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 10:29 PM
In other words, in NA, they do not have an ironclad EULA which makes you pay for beta, and in which they can treat you like crap..lol
Posted By: Thomas Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 11:17 PM
read it again... the server will be up in July but they won't allow character transfers for "months".... this will allow the new characters and player base to become established in a "fair" environment.

I like this idea and don't mind starting a new character on NA server to do the grind. After those first few months if my old character on EU is more powerful I'll delete the NA one and xfer.
Posted By: Daye Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/27/09 11:56 PM
Here's the problem:

If they allow character transfers, with skills intact, to the
North American server(s), they will effectively kill any
chance of acquiring additional players in the long run.

There will be many who will give it a shot, but quickly learn
they have no chance of competing with a player base who were
allowed to max their skill sets by various exploits and macro
based game play. Without a level playing field, you simply
cannot compete in an environment this will set up. Since
the newer player base will be unable to take advantage of the
methods used to push skill sets early on, it will take far
longer to achieve the same results.

This will lead to frustration and the new players will vanish
just as quickly as they arrived. The only solution is to
ensure the exploits and macro enhanced skills are wiped to
ensure a level playing field. Otherwise, the new server will
only appeal to the existing player base and, over time,
eventually decay and disappear.

As to them waiting 'months' to allow existing character
transfers. . . I'll believe it when I see it. When pressured
by the almighty $$$$, folks tend to change their story
quickly.
Posted By: Runo Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/28/09 12:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Thomas
read it again... the server will be up in July but they won't allow character transfers for "months".... this will allow the new characters and player base to become established in a "fair" environment.

I like this idea and don't mind starting a new character on NA server to do the grind. After those first few months if my old character on EU is more powerful I'll delete the NA one and xfer.

Thomas is correct, and I agree on liking the approach. This was probably the best method they could have done it. Also, none of the assets will be transferred over according the line after that, just the naked players, so all the exploited riches are out the window. It sounds refreshing to me.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/28/09 12:26 AM
I prefer the Siege Perilous route myself, but we will see.
Posted By: Thomas Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/28/09 04:39 AM
haha I was just thinking that too Vuldan... this seems a lot like SP!
Posted By: Arkh Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/28/09 08:36 AM
Seriously, here is my plan :
- go on NA-1 with a new toon on the Lamva account for the landrush.
- continue skilling-up Arkh on EU-1.

After some month, transfer Arkh on NA-1 and gear him with all of the other account items.

And I think a lot of people will just do that, resulting in a server screwed not at its launch, but some month later when hundreds or thousands of über toons come there.
Posted By: Thomas Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/28/09 12:56 PM
agreed, trying to get that much rigor again the "legit" way is just not possible.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/28/09 01:22 PM
LOL..please god..no transfers...I am going to keep hoping for that...rigor is possible, just not as quick Thomas..try hivekin broodguards in the human noob area, and then dire zombies..they will get your rigor..bring lots of heal potions.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/28/09 08:30 PM
Seriously, here is my plan :
- go on NA-1 with a new toon on the Lamva account for the landrush.
- continue skilling-up Arkh on EU-1.

After some month, transfer Arkh on NA-1 and gear him with all of the other account items.

And I think a lot of people will just do that, resulting in a server screwed not at its launch, but some month later when hundreds or thousands of über toons come there.

^^This is probably what will most likely happen.^^

They need to make sure the duped gold from the six week window never makes it over to NA-1. No item transfers of any sort on either the personal or guild bank level. That gets rid of all the exploited gear and mats.

You can only transfer over your nekkid toon. Skill sets in a perfect world would be "normalized" based on NA-1 statistics with the top 5% and bottom 25% removed as outliers. What will probably happen is you will just get to clone your skills over and NA-1 is going to be given 3-5 months to skill up and stabilize Agon. You will then transfer over via ingame trades all the goodies you have been farming on NA-1 with your alt toon. Yes alt-toon, its one character per server, not per account if Adventurine is smart and doesn't want to piss off what player base they have left. Those who want to two box with a toons on at the same time will still have to have two accounts.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/28/09 08:47 PM
After consideration of the state of the game and the time frame it takes me to make a new character, I have come to the definite conclusion I am not for server transfers of any kind. I say this because of the numerous amount of folks who did exploit their skills to extreme amounts. I have fought nekkid players, where I was doing 11 points of damage in their backside with a lvl 40 weapon, and then having them hitting me while I was wearing Scale for 26 in my face, some of you folks know exactly what I mean from both sides of that scenario. The reality is that will not change in 4 months..most likely not even 6.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/29/09 01:40 PM
I am all up for NA server, regardless of the outcome - good PING is a demigod to me. A server without good Ping is like a stripper wearing Pasties - what's the point?

If I had to make a new character, It would be a different persona entirely that focuses on Archery. I really wish there was dual weilding in this game...and no, dual weilding daggers does NOT cut it...
Posted By: Elph Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/29/09 02:11 PM
Wasn't KGB's plan to use the Euro launch as a practice session for when NA servers opened up anyway?
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/29/09 02:32 PM
Hush woman, your not allowed to comment on a game you would not play even if you could.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/29/09 03:09 PM
/cringes
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/29/09 04:20 PM
Hush woman, your not allowed to comment on a game you would not play even if you could.

Incomming....

Take cover!!

popcorn
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/29/09 04:51 PM
BAH...I AIN'T SKEERED...*stands behind Tas*
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/29/09 05:56 PM
BAH...I AIN'T SKEERED...*stands behind Tas*

We might as well have a couple beers while we wait for the Neutron bomb that Elph is going to drop on us when she sees your comment.

crazy

/cheers
Posted By: nethervoid Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/29/09 06:31 PM
Vuldan just called me. He said Elph banned him from the boards, Darkfall and life in general.

=/

You should have known, my friend! hehe
Posted By: Banshee Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/29/09 11:39 PM
hahaha well seems Elph is the big dog around here!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/30/09 12:14 AM
Originally Posted By: nethervoid
Vuldan just called me. He said Elph banned him from the boards, Darkfall and life in general.

=/

You should have known, my friend! hehe

Get shit on! Pwnd Vuldan, straight pwnd.

I mean, banned from life? What did you expect, women invented zero to fucked in under two blinks of an eye. Like that retard Dane Cook said "Women are emotional assassins man, they can kill you with a single word."

Where is your ForumFall skills Vuldan? I expect a re-troll with a new account in the next hour or so, or your going to loose your spot in my signature.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/30/09 12:28 AM
lol wtf Tas...it was all a joke...lol
Posted By: Tasorin Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/30/09 02:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
lol wtf Tas...it was all a joke...lol

Hey, I can egg on any fictitious fracas I please.

The last good tirade I heard out Vuldan is when he cross checked Frank Sinatra here on the pubbie board.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/30/09 02:54 AM
LOL..sides..Elph may have a lot of skillz, but she ain't got shit on me when it comes to the IPW, life or ability to dish it out bro...never let a woman have that much control over the decisions you make..sheesh...
Posted By: Swing Re: US server : July 2009 - 05/30/09 11:13 AM
never let a woman have that much control over the decisions you make..sheesh...

When you meet Valaria after that...your bases SHALL be owned smile
Posted By: Hare Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/01/09 05:56 AM
1. EU server was a practice run for NA server

2. Landrush with a clean server is hella fun

3. Perhaps clearer heads will prevail and transfers will be nerfed char

Also - everyone needs to get out of the grind mode for DFO. If we all insist on "powergaming or powerleveling" our char we are missing the journey that is DFO and on that "end game" content quest that makes us leave all of the other games out there today.

There is no end game there is no god mode there is a simple journey that none of us have experienced for a long time, harking back to our first experiences in UO or EQ or Meridian (whatever the hell that is Jet).

Drop the macros and pick up your weapon and go experience the game - or you will be back on the next WoW expansion wondering WTF am I doing here?

"I can't go fight in pvp in DFO because someone has higher skills than me" is ... I dunno you tell me.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/01/09 08:06 PM
Is Dumb...I fight all the time, and it is frustrating to be in full armor (granted my best at the moment is scale) and have some person go toe to toe with you, you do 12 to them in studded and they whack you for 50..three or four hits and your going wtf, trying to stab your healing potion hot key, knowing its to late and whammo...you awaken, naked at the bind stone with your starter weapon...AHHH...DFO...

I have considered many scenarios, but the bottom line for me will be simply..log in on minute 1, second 1 on NA-1 and pray that I am able to scramble across the landscape and secure...something..cities will be safe zones for at least 2 months, while all the people work on skills and resources..lets face it, if you have one, you wont be siegable for how long? No one will have the ability to siege you, in resources or skillz or even the ability to make siege hammers, let alone use them.

As with all things, it will be interesting to see how all the lessons of EU-1 are applied by everyone that moves over, and by all of those who have sat idly outside waiting to join. Adventurine has seen that their sales have dropped remarkably, which I believe is also the rush to get NA-1 out the door. I pray that if transfers are allowed, it works something like you get an e-mail authorizing you to transfer, informing you that your name may not be viable in NA-1, and that you must pick 3 stats and 6 skills to have nerfed by 50 percent, all others will be set to noob levels for your race. I could live with that. Oh, and a warning, that you will still, more often than not, find yourself naked, standing at your bindstone, welcome to NA-1.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/01/09 08:20 PM
I afk'd last night in full armor on accident and didn't die.

=p
Posted By: EgoBruiser Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/01/09 09:20 PM
Great topic.

New Server, new Alliances, less exploiters, far more even PvP/Playing field, less reliance on massive zerg to help fight exploited toons.

Mortis Consortium loves the thought of moving. We have always considered EU server to be our beta period. If COTP and KGB go, then lets go there together, grab a couple cool cities, and do this thing right.
Posted By: JetStar Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/02/09 08:00 AM
I sure would like to see TAO along for the ride.
Posted By: EgoBruiser Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/02/09 08:59 AM
We should all get together and talk about it smile

Hope on your vent one night when you get some time.
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/02/09 02:48 PM
I just hope we get to keep atleast some skills & stats, I am not sure about grinding up again. I mean I will do it if I need to, but if I do have to start over again, it will suck.
Posted By: grover Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/02/09 11:17 PM
if i have to go through another 50,000 mandrake to get to arcane i'll probably just fly to wherever the us servers are and piss on them.
Posted By: Valaria Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/03/09 12:35 PM
ewww pirate.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: US server : July 2009 - 06/03/09 08:23 PM
I have heard repeated comments about the skill up process and people concerned about that. Interestingly, today's patch should cure some of that, especially for magic users. I would also point out that your experience at this point will enable you to know what you need to do to get your skills up much quicker than the first time around. I recently purchased a second account intended to be my harvestor and with 6 weeks less time than my main, skillz in key combat areas are almost equal. Now, that is sad as hell for my main..lol..but it is what it is. I am still 100% for a fresh start (personnally) and no transfers of any kind, sorry for those who want them, but I just can not see it helping a new server in any way, shape or form.
© The KGB Oracle