KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,252 Trump card
1,339,188 Picture Thread
478,020 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Dunlop may not be the best??? but I will put my money on him until proven otherwise....I smell a pvp tourney! smile

I would LOVE to see Dunlop vs Donk, Dunlop vs Kay, Kay vs Donk, Arkh is pretty damn good too. I will be on the sideline taking bets smile

Last edited by Vyse; 05/08/09 05:16 PM.
Vyse #44716 05/08/09 06:32 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
popcorn

Dunlop = paper pusher

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Vyse #44721 05/08/09 09:10 PM
Band 7
Band 7
Originally Posted By: Vyse
Dunlop may not be the best??? but I will put my money on him until proven otherwise....I smell a pvp tourney! smile

I would LOVE to see Dunlop vs Donk, Dunlop vs Kay, Kay vs Donk, Arkh is pretty damn good too. I will be on the sideline taking bets smile

It's not a solo game......2v2 and 10v10 tournaments are more real world.

I'll take Kay vs any other two on the server. We may not win..but they WILL have a fight.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete
Point was, get in game before you bash his post!

I might be a PVP God!...j/k...But seriously..come play.

You totally missed the point of my original post. It wasn't even directed at you.

However, READ MY SECOND POST, WITH THE LINK. I can't seriously come play, and it's all explained there.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
O fair brother is thou at ends with thine brethren? Don't fret, your ascendancy as a skilled combatant and a honorable man is thusly secure, and without doubt never in question.

Uth isn't bad from what I've heard, however he isn't KGB either.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Band 7
Band 7
Originally Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete
Originally Posted By: Vyse

It's not a solo game......2v2 and 10v10 tournaments are more real world.

I'll take Kay vs any other two on the server. We may not win..but they WILL have a fight.

I read that post before reading this one again..so i KNOW why you're not in game. I said that because I was trying not to be so blunt as to say: "comment when you've been in game playing with us (lately)".

=p

Drakk-ass....there is no free pass. This is NOT Tuesday.

Last edited by Dunlop_Phaete; 05/08/09 11:10 PM.

Former KGB Member
Band 7
Band 7
BTW..someone should Duel Crimthan's Polearm Monk...that was a fucking pwnage toon. PVP ftw.

No, I haven't brought it up in a year. Yes, I'm beating a dead horse that I revived.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Dunlop, apparently you still don't understand my original post. It was a general remark, directed at the OP, commenting on a common mistake I've noticed in gaming for a long time: People generally in gaming assume that whoever is an appointed leader *must* be the technical expert at one-on-one PVP. This has NOTHING to do with your own prowess at PVP, Dunlop. I'm pointing toward misconceptions of gamers as a whole to believe that whoever is in charge should be badass at PVP, or vice versa: whoever is badass at PVP should lead. While it's great to have leaders that can hold their own in PVP, there are 4 other types of Leadership Power besides Expert Power:

1. Referrent Power: Power based on Camaraderie & Familiarity - people follow this person because they've been through hell and back together. Usually more charismatic leaders.

2. Reward Power: Power based on reward - people follow this person because they know the leader will reward them with X item or wealth. Mercenary Leaders, and leaders such as Jetstar.

3. Cohersive Power: Power based on cohersion - people follow this person out of fear. They know that if they fail, they'll be punished. Example: Darth Vader

4. Legitimate Power: Power based off of Rank alone - people follow simply because you're the ranking individual. Example: 2nd Lieutenants in the military - although they haven't proved themselves yet, the enlisted must still respect their rank.

Many leaders are appointed not for their expertise of skills-at-arms, but for other reasons, as shown above.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Leeboi Offline OP
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
I would use the term "assclown" now, but I'll refrain. The reason why I asked for Dunlop's write-up is because he seems to lead the PVP groups the most and gets good results.

Where i come from that is called GOOD and I want to learn from that experience.

Leeboi #44785 05/09/09 01:48 PM
G
Band 4
Band 4
G
My Name is Garrot Sin and I approve this thread..

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard