KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,382 Trump card
1,342,021 Picture Thread
480,046 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#43558 04/28/09 11:36 AM
Kay Offline OP
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
During yesterday's siege defense we experienced an ongoing internal problem of battlefield looting. I personally saw members looting, as well as other clans (eXile), and hollered in vent for it to stop. This sparked an argument in clan alliance that frankly, I'm tired of seeing.

During sieges we have two rules. Stick to the waypoints, and don't loot during combat. That's it.

I understand some of those who were looting were out of stamina and all but useless in the fight. That time spent looting could be spent on a manna missile. The stam regens fast enough to where you're almost able to constantly shoot manna missile stam-free. This constant pressure, even if it's visual, helps in the battle. The more we kill, the more loot there will be.

Some expressed concerns that this is a full-loot game and that people want to loot the spoils of battle. I understand that, and encourage it....but not during sieges. Go out on your own time and PvP, loot, and be merry. During battle, we need this rule followed. I'm embarrassed every battle when other clans are sending me tells saying "so and so from your clan is battle looting".

For instance, take a look at this recent thread:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=182816

When people reflect on KGB, this isn't my ideal reflection.

This isn't a power trip from the leadership. We aren't trying to control you. If you see other clans battle looting, let them look like fools. The Mercs dropped half of us like flies, but you didn't see them battle looting. What you saw is them mopping us up, and looting after we were all dead.

edit: Tas was writing a thread at the same time I was. Read them both! smile

Last edited by Kay; 04/28/09 12:28 PM.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Kay #43562 04/28/09 12:08 PM
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
To be fair, most of the people I saw looting were other alliance members. I am sure some KGB did it too. I told Critter to loot Pirate's corpse at the very end, since we were right next to it at the retreat waypoint and we were headed back to Khosgar anyway.

The real problem is that, for whatever reason, when we siege we act like x number of groups of 10 individuals, with different clan names above our heads and with the entire spectrum of motivations behind us. I know you guys are working on this, but we desperately need an alliance vent. We need a singular leadership and a singular battle commander when we have a collective goal. It was painfully obvious that all of those mercs (of several different guilds) were being effectively led with one plan.

We need to be able to do this as well. We have no problem coordinating all of our guilds to get to a waypoint before the battle begins, but once it starts, it tends to reduce to chaos. I feel that battlefield looting is a symptom of this lack of focus, and I hope that these problems will resolve themselves once we are able to act as a cohesive group AFTER the first punch has been thrown.

[Linked Image]
Kay #43563 04/28/09 12:08 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I don't know about everyone else but I say this is worthy of a sticky and people should read it and sign it. I am proud to be a part of a guild that has a very solid reputation. Let's not ruin it over something so petty.

/Signed Vyse

rhaikh #43565 04/28/09 12:27 PM
Kay Offline OP
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: rhaikh
To be fair, most of the people I saw looting were other alliance members. I am sure some KGB did it too. I told Critter to loot Pirate's corpse at the very end, since we were right next to it at the retreat waypoint and we were headed back to Khosgar anyway.

The real problem is that, for whatever reason, when we siege we act like x number of groups of 10 individuals, with different clan names above our heads and with the entire spectrum of motivations behind us. I know you guys are working on this, but we desperately need an alliance vent. We need a singular leadership and a singular battle commander when we have a collective goal. It was painfully obvious that all of those mercs (of several different guilds) were being effectively led with one plan.

We need to be able to do this as well. We have no problem coordinating all of our guilds to get to a waypoint before the battle begins, but once it starts, it tends to reduce to chaos. I feel that battlefield looting is a symptom of this lack of focus, and I hope that these problems will resolve themselves once we are able to act as a cohesive group AFTER the first punch has been thrown.

Absolutely. And to be fair, other guilds battle-loot more. I just want to make sure that before we start pointing fingers we stop it on our side. Right now we have no fingers to point because they're too busy rifling through bags of loot wink.

As far as the unified vent goes, I do agree that it is an absolute must. Right now, all the leaders are in a vent channel and can relay commands back and forth. This is a new concept that has only been used since the weekend, and it does help, but they are currently exploring the possibility of expanding upon it.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Kay #43597 04/28/09 03:44 PM
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
yah that really sucks... I wasn't at this siege that day but if ONE day of in combat looting gets us a DFO rep like that I'd wanna stick my foot in someones ass!

But all these things will be forgotten in a few days anwyays so just read and follow the above rules. I'd hate to get my shoe dirty!

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Thomas #43600 04/28/09 04:08 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It must be a rather nice pump, with a soft gel insole

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #43625 04/29/09 04:29 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Actually, I envisioned a High-Heel stilletto.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Crimthan #43697 04/29/09 04:12 PM
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
black hooker pumps!!!

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Thomas #43749 04/30/09 01:10 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I looted during the Hombres defense. I was out of pots, and grabbed some off a dead guy. Didn't take anything else. The extra pots kept me alive until we got overrun.

Link Copied to Clipboard