KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 13 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Lapatous Lamu
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,050,620 Trump card
1,346,803 Picture Thread
482,490 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
The next time I see one of us break off from combined/focused fire to ninja loot or stop fighting to pick at a grave mid combat I swear to god I am going to fill your ass full of arrows and blue cherrios then tea bag your corpse repeatedly.

Stop the fucking "me, myself, and my ninja loot" mentality or else I will personally start hunting you and turning in my FRAPS/Screenshot's and put forward an official request to the Senate for action to be taken on an individual basis. I am not going to single people out here, even though I have the FRAPS/Screenshots to put forward several documented instances from my combat footage.

Cleaning up the graves after a skirmish is OVER is one thing. Even during the tail end of a skirmish, when asked to is not what I am talking about. When you stop fighting to pick at a grave mid skirmish is a TOTAL different thing. Don't get the two confused, one is acceptable, the other is not. This is the issue at the center of it in my observation: greedy, self centered, all about the personal brag, instead of the team victory.

It has got so bad that its becoming what KGB is known for in the heat of battle. Its pretty sad when 10 or 12 of my contacts are busting my balls about it and we look like a bunch of cut rate bush leaguer's. Normally I wouldn't take to much heed to what they have to say, but when I witness it multiple times over multiple pivotal battles, then it isn't your typical ball busting anymore. Several guilds that we see on the field of combat on a regular basis have started using the "Fools Gravestone" tactic against us. Playing against our inability to stay on target, they send in a lightly armored, inventory emptied, player to INTENTIONALLY die. The reason you ask? Because people can't stop the looting fervor, so people flock to the grave, and then they focus fire on the gravestone and kill our take out of action a good couple of people.

This game is not about YOU, its about US. The sooner you get that through your "Me, Myself, and how uber I am" mentality, the sooner we will stop getting our poop pushed in by forces we outnumber. If you think I am joking, keep pulling that crap mid battle. I am tired of getting beat by lesser numbers of people because we are a total cluster fuck of individuals with extremely bad PvP habits.

Since I am going to bring up this point as an issue, I am going to suggest a simple solution. Assign looters in PvP before the action starts. NO ONE ELSE IS TO LOOT other then the assigned looters. Its just like master looting when we PvE. We have been doing this in the past when we go out hunting in Duchy land. But multiple times I have been at sieges both defending and attacking, with an assigned looter(s), and still I see the same crap going on. I realize things can be hectic in the heat of battle, and there are always situations with exceptions to the rule, but this issue has gotten out of hand.

I am not here to spend my personal time grinding away at building materials, consumables, and gold, so that several KGB members can run around like an asshat during the heat of battle and add to the odds against us winning.

Once again, this game isn't about YOU ,its about US !!!

Last edited by Tasorin; 04/28/09 12:14 PM.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
R
Ryu
Unregistered
Ryu
Unregistered
R
i agree with you 100 percent ive stated this was a problem a month ago are more.

Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Absolutely agree. Great post, I made one at just about the same time.

I really don't want to have to single people out, and I even more don't want to have to bring consequences towards individuals who do this.

Just stop. For your sake and for the guild's reputation.

Last edited by Kay; 04/28/09 12:31 PM.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Band 6
Band 6
Tasorin, layith thy law downth!

We do need to work on our disciline in combat.

Last edited by Syloc; 04/28/09 12:42 PM.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Loot master would be good. But only during small skirmishes where the combat may force fighting people far away from the grave. And the guys with the less skills (and not equipment) should be these looters, and be assigned to gank/revive too.
During siegse, there should be a no loot policy, save from very rare and specific occasions (like some leader with a boat or warhulk on him getting ganked).
If you really need loot, just ask the wealthy people for some armor, weapons, food, pots or mount.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
I agree with this post, Tasorin.
I believe that we need some people that are there specifically as looters that way nobody in the combat forces needs to worry about loot until after the battles are completely done.

This allows the looter to focus completely on one purpose while the fighters focus completely on killing more people for the looter to loot. laugh More loot for everybody, right?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
-- Tasho / Jaguar --
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I fully support this messege

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Band 6
Band 6
Originally Posted By: Kay
Absolutely agree. Great post, I made one at just about the same time.

I really don't want to have to single people out, and I even more don't want to have to bring consequences towards individuals who do this.

Just stop. For your sake and for the guild's reputation.

I really think we just need to start calling people out, hell, sometimes, people don't even realize what's going on around them. Just a gentle nudge would do, instead of letting them off the hook, then someone gets really mad later on. And let me tell you, when it comes to the point where Tasorin makes a post, you'd better listen cause it takes a lot to get him to get riled up.

We're all adults here, I see no need to coddle people. We don't have to be dicks, but the time for the gentle suggestion nudge to stop looting is past. Just say, "hey [name], stop looting, we're still fighting here."

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Syloc stop being a dick

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I think I should add a caveat to my post. The reason for assigned looters is not to horde the spoils of war. I would expect that after the combat was over and we were all standing around with our collective thumbs up our bums, we would then begin the loot distribution process across the clan. If anything I have found KGB to be extremely generous to everyone from FNG Recruit to the man himself (HK JetStar).

I am not trying to negate you from getting something for your time spent pvping. I am trying to make it so the focus is on winning the pvp first, and worrying about the loot last. Right now the focus seems to be the other way around.

Bottom line, I hate to loose. I hate to loose so much, when I was a kid, and I even thought my younger brother was going to win at something, I would just kick the crap out of him and that would end what ever game we were playing.

I can deal with being beaten in a battle that is a subscript to the over arching war. That is going to happen, what I can't put up with is loosing because someone on the TEAM has their head up there ass like its a full time job.

Looting mid battle for loot's sake, is having your head stuck up your ass like that is its home, for those of you who are still confused.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard