The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Tasorin In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 06:51 PM
The next time I see one of us break off from combined/focused fire to ninja loot or stop fighting to pick at a grave mid combat I swear to god I am going to fill your ass full of arrows and blue cherrios then tea bag your corpse repeatedly.

Stop the fucking "me, myself, and my ninja loot" mentality or else I will personally start hunting you and turning in my FRAPS/Screenshot's and put forward an official request to the Senate for action to be taken on an individual basis. I am not going to single people out here, even though I have the FRAPS/Screenshots to put forward several documented instances from my combat footage.

Cleaning up the graves after a skirmish is OVER is one thing. Even during the tail end of a skirmish, when asked to is not what I am talking about. When you stop fighting to pick at a grave mid skirmish is a TOTAL different thing. Don't get the two confused, one is acceptable, the other is not. This is the issue at the center of it in my observation: greedy, self centered, all about the personal brag, instead of the team victory.

It has got so bad that its becoming what KGB is known for in the heat of battle. Its pretty sad when 10 or 12 of my contacts are busting my balls about it and we look like a bunch of cut rate bush leaguer's. Normally I wouldn't take to much heed to what they have to say, but when I witness it multiple times over multiple pivotal battles, then it isn't your typical ball busting anymore. Several guilds that we see on the field of combat on a regular basis have started using the "Fools Gravestone" tactic against us. Playing against our inability to stay on target, they send in a lightly armored, inventory emptied, player to INTENTIONALLY die. The reason you ask? Because people can't stop the looting fervor, so people flock to the grave, and then they focus fire on the gravestone and kill our take out of action a good couple of people.

This game is not about YOU, its about US. The sooner you get that through your "Me, Myself, and how uber I am" mentality, the sooner we will stop getting our poop pushed in by forces we outnumber. If you think I am joking, keep pulling that crap mid battle. I am tired of getting beat by lesser numbers of people because we are a total cluster fuck of individuals with extremely bad PvP habits.

Since I am going to bring up this point as an issue, I am going to suggest a simple solution. Assign looters in PvP before the action starts. NO ONE ELSE IS TO LOOT other then the assigned looters. Its just like master looting when we PvE. We have been doing this in the past when we go out hunting in Duchy land. But multiple times I have been at sieges both defending and attacking, with an assigned looter(s), and still I see the same crap going on. I realize things can be hectic in the heat of battle, and there are always situations with exceptions to the rule, but this issue has gotten out of hand.

I am not here to spend my personal time grinding away at building materials, consumables, and gold, so that several KGB members can run around like an asshat during the heat of battle and add to the odds against us winning.

Once again, this game isn't about YOU ,its about US !!!

Posted By: Anonymous Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 07:13 PM
i agree with you 100 percent ive stated this was a problem a month ago are more.
Posted By: Kay Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 07:31 PM
Absolutely agree. Great post, I made one at just about the same time.

I really don't want to have to single people out, and I even more don't want to have to bring consequences towards individuals who do this.

Just stop. For your sake and for the guild's reputation.
Posted By: Syloc Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 07:41 PM
Tasorin, layith thy law downth!

We do need to work on our disciline in combat.
Posted By: Arkh Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 08:38 PM
Loot master would be good. But only during small skirmishes where the combat may force fighting people far away from the grave. And the guys with the less skills (and not equipment) should be these looters, and be assigned to gank/revive too.
During siegse, there should be a no loot policy, save from very rare and specific occasions (like some leader with a boat or warhulk on him getting ganked).
If you really need loot, just ask the wealthy people for some armor, weapons, food, pots or mount.
Posted By: Tasho Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 08:44 PM
I agree with this post, Tasorin.
I believe that we need some people that are there specifically as looters that way nobody in the combat forces needs to worry about loot until after the battles are completely done.

This allows the looter to focus completely on one purpose while the fighters focus completely on killing more people for the looter to loot. laugh More loot for everybody, right?
Posted By: Drakiis Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 08:48 PM
I fully support this messege
Posted By: Syloc Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Kay
Absolutely agree. Great post, I made one at just about the same time.

I really don't want to have to single people out, and I even more don't want to have to bring consequences towards individuals who do this.

Just stop. For your sake and for the guild's reputation.

I really think we just need to start calling people out, hell, sometimes, people don't even realize what's going on around them. Just a gentle nudge would do, instead of letting them off the hook, then someone gets really mad later on. And let me tell you, when it comes to the point where Tasorin makes a post, you'd better listen cause it takes a lot to get him to get riled up.

We're all adults here, I see no need to coddle people. We don't have to be dicks, but the time for the gentle suggestion nudge to stop looting is past. Just say, "hey [name], stop looting, we're still fighting here."
Posted By: Drakiis Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 11:07 PM
Syloc stop being a dick
Posted By: Tasorin Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 11:11 PM
I think I should add a caveat to my post. The reason for assigned looters is not to horde the spoils of war. I would expect that after the combat was over and we were all standing around with our collective thumbs up our bums, we would then begin the loot distribution process across the clan. If anything I have found KGB to be extremely generous to everyone from FNG Recruit to the man himself (HK JetStar).

I am not trying to negate you from getting something for your time spent pvping. I am trying to make it so the focus is on winning the pvp first, and worrying about the loot last. Right now the focus seems to be the other way around.

Bottom line, I hate to loose. I hate to loose so much, when I was a kid, and I even thought my younger brother was going to win at something, I would just kick the crap out of him and that would end what ever game we were playing.

I can deal with being beaten in a battle that is a subscript to the over arching war. That is going to happen, what I can't put up with is loosing because someone on the TEAM has their head up there ass like its a full time job.

Looting mid battle for loot's sake, is having your head stuck up your ass like that is its home, for those of you who are still confused.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 11:14 PM
I'm always confused Tas
Posted By: Tasorin Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 11:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I'm always confused Tas

That's why you ride the short bus and openly hit on any member of the opposite sex. Even when its a certain "TireBoy's" WILF.

I wonder if that bunny costume comes in black? popcorn
Posted By: Drakiis Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/28/09 11:22 PM
you think I'm bad you should hear Lenny
Posted By: Dalmar Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/29/09 12:20 AM
I agree with this, besides I have enough crafter skills to be self sufficient (minus enchanting not goin that route tyvm).

But I think the biggest problem we had in the siege was the retreat...why retreat, we had alot guys with hammers almost dead, it's sort of a self looting during combat. I like the idea of no KGB left behind. Straight up come back with your shields or on them.
Posted By: Syloc Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/29/09 01:58 AM
Syloc stop being a dick

but I like dick ... er wait ...
Posted By: Tasorin Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/29/09 01:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Syloc
Syloc stop being a dick

but I like dick ... er wait ...

Damn pole smoker!
Posted By: Garrot_Sin Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/29/09 02:09 PM
Tas I agree with you completely on the need to stop it..
The best PvP/PvE groups I have ever been part of were strictly organized and very focused..The person who is in charge of the group should be more in reserve from the actual combat and taking on a roll of oversite, focusing the group on single targets and keeping the group tightly formed..Vent chatter needs to kept to an absolute minimum when its game time and the only ones talking should be the group lead calling targets and revives.If we stay tight there will be no ganks..When the group lead moves he calls it and everyone moves in unison..Mounts and dismounts and engages and disengages as a unit.
Discipline and communication..The biggest thing to remember is its okay to fail over and over again as long as you stick to the process and learn a little bit more each time..This game the advantage is definitely with ranged combat and let them come to you rather than us to them..Once your commited to hand to hand melee because of the game mechanics it becomes harder to keep everyone focused, but its not impossible..
Posted By: Represent Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 04/29/09 07:46 PM
We had this happen yesterday during a fight south against High Tide and Harvesters of Sorrow i won't name names but i might've been wrong on how i handled the issue but i'll take the hit

Were fighting i flank from the far south side when they were still behind the rocks Hare/Dunlop are coming in also and whoever else from the city i come in full meele the guys from HT/HOS are focused directly at the city i came in clean free backshots and dropped 2 pretty quick and i was fighting another who was getting owned and forced to go into parry dunlop came up with me but i told him i had it and grab another target and he did i had the guy i was fighting finally turn and try to run back towards gothics hamlet but i got him with MM's to the back and thats when i watched a member of KGB not the other guilds run up to these gravestones and start looting..... Mind you there is still 6 or so fighting to the west and we have members pushing them to the city once i seen this happen again during the fight i won't lie i killed him also so i'll take the hit i didn't want 2 do it but this is even on the forums and people have been told in vent.

From now on i'm gonna ask nicely not to do it if i see it happen twice by the same guy i might kill him/her shit is kinda stuck in my brain for right now frown
Posted By: Morlander Re: In combat PvP Looting and You - 05/04/09 11:11 AM
as sylok put it

We're all adults here, I see no need to coddle people.
We don't have to be dicks, , "hey [name], stop looting, we're still fighting here." [/quote]

i agree if yer in kgb you shouldnt need your hand held or a officer to tell you not to loot i get tired of hearing in vent dont loot ,makes me feel like im in a group of people who cant be trusted to make a intelligent decision and i often take it personally.
dont even need to b e thinking about loot in a fight or your not even in the fight
theres a right time and place to loot
sometimes it is in combat and ussually it isnt knowing the difference is a very big deal.
© The KGB Oracle