KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,277 Trump card
1,340,243 Picture Thread
478,677 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#42683 04/16/09 05:03 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Are they really worth doing after a certain point?

Rewards seem to be pretty minimal. You kill 4 bone knights and get 30 gold and a health potion for instance.

I guess my question is, how many quests did you guys do before you shifted your focus over to the city? Did anyone stick out the quests for awhile and notice that the rewards got better and more worthwhile as you progressed?

NOTE: I'm not saying not to do the quests, because the first batch (goblins and gathering) are a great tutorial for the game). Just wondering if it makes sense to keep doing them after awhile or not.

Tonto_KGB #42685 04/16/09 05:13 AM
G
Band 4
Band 4
G
Tonto, I didnt do any of the quests..I just ran to Khosgar hit the spawn tool chest and started resourcing and skilling up my swords and shield and getting my stats up and I still am..

Garrot_Sin #42689 04/16/09 07:49 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I was TOLD that the first three quests are really all you need do, both to become acustomed to the UI and for a bit of scratch, someone said 300gp but that seems unlikely to me, either way get your ass to Khosgar =)

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #42693 04/16/09 08:23 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I did quests in the noob area until I felt I had enough gold to be self sufficient without using tool chests (I didn't know they existed yet). I had about 4 sets of weapons in the bank, maybe 1 set of leather type armor, and like 300 gold. Then I left to Khosgar.

The main thing is your ability to kill mobs. Once you can do that, you can kill kobolds etc around Khosgar and pretty easily keep yourself in minimal gold and noob gear.

Your harvesting skills should eventually bring you to a point where you can reliably keep yourself in banded, decent weapons, and mounts, but I have to say it takes quite a bit of farming time to farm up a mount and full set of banded. You can usually get your decent weapons from a farm group or you can have them made if you can't farm up the right mobs.

Last edited by nethervoid; 04/16/09 08:24 AM.
nethervoid #42701 04/16/09 10:42 AM
Xao Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I did quests up to sorgom where the mobs for the next quest were not spawning (a while ago), then just fucked around until i met up with KGB. I don't feel the need to go back and continue the quest line. The first few quests are quite handy but can be very annoying at the goblin spawns.

Xao #42748 04/17/09 07:46 AM
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
The initial information about quests and such might be a bit dated. Honestly we did them the first couple of days to get cash and gear. We had to grind everything we could to get money to buy the city. Now our area is pretty secure and you can mine and kill mobs in a less conflicted environment, ie noob goblin spawns are ridiculous.

So either way is really fine - grind out as many quests as you want and move to Khosgar when you are ready or if frustration from the noob zones gets to you.

Hare #42758 04/17/09 12:10 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
IMO the newb quests are worth it up til the bone knight quest. It gets you used to the GUI, a decent amount of $$ - 300 or so through the first 10 quests. It gets you some weapons, tools, bags, armor etc. I would say do them and then head over to the city. I would also say to avoid a lot of frustration in the newb towns - do not join the guild until you are done and heading towards the city. That is when you should guild up.

I need to go hand in a quest in Shoal so if you need help let me know and I will head over there next time I get a chance.

Vyse #42770 04/17/09 01:40 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm blocked on a good number of quests :
- the melek symbol in the melechar village : couldn't find it.
- the artefaq in the Chamber of fire : never saw it.
- the undead dwarves relic : couldn't find it either.
- the necro book in the severii fortress : don't want to spawn in the sole chest.

If any of you completed one of the three first (I know someone got the fourth one), I'd be happy to have a confirmation they're achievable.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #42782 04/17/09 11:22 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Like arkh theres a few of s doing the mid level quest lines if you wanna call them that

Just because we got spare time and i personally wanna know how the temp of the god king ends currently its giving like 125 gold 2 pieces of banded and some pots/food in the 9th or 10th tier which is meant for some mid stat/skilled players

Might get extremely hard but i don't know yet

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Represent #42793 04/18/09 07:48 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Yea, I got up to the Temple of the God King and all of the monsters were WAY harder then the previous ones I was fighting so I just took off for town.

I might head back to it later, but I think my focus is going to be on building skills up and gathering mats for the guild.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard