KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Arkh #42281 04/10/09 12:48 AM
Band 6
Band 6
Should start groups and do it, might be a good change of pace.

Former KGB Member
Arkh #42288 04/10/09 06:24 AM
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: Arkh
We are the good guys no ? So let's protect noobz in newbie area. Group with them if they want, guide them and be nice. Groups of 2 or 3 people could be usefull there.

Another thing : don't bitch at unguilded people who attack you. If they're good, start chatting with 'em.

just have to watch the newbs. My experience from previous games and recruiting is that, if you try and collect from newb areas.. you literally have to hold their hands through everything. And can also attract carebears into the guild. We dont want carebears, we need fighters that have a brain. Or crafters that can defend the city too. I know everyone has to learn sometime. Heck I have learned alot about PVP since I started playing Mor's character, and still have alot to learn. Its just that recruiting from newb areas is a much bigger risk than a seasoned player.

I was a Recruitment officer in a few previous games. That has to be one of the toughest jobs in leadership.
Because if you get a few bad apples.. the entire guild looks at you. But a few are bound to slip by once in a while. Heck if I remember correctly I helped with recruitment in SWG on bloodfin for a bit for the time I was in KGB back then. Things are a bit different in DFO.

But to stay on track here. Recruitment is the job of everyone. Its nice if you have someone that is there to speak with recruits if their sponsor is not available. Granted any member can help with questions asked, and as i have seen in vent. All the guys do a heck of a job answering mindless questions a hundred times over.. I know I have asked my share of dumb questions.

I think our best bet would be talking to anyone that does well in pvp or jumps your ass and is a good fight. Talking with these type of people maybe a good way to get some more numbers. Many others have suggested this one too. This would be the way I would go.

Poaching from other guilds can be risky. You have a higher chance of getting moles/spies into the guild. Especially in a politically driven game like DFO. Granted it takes a while for recruits to work their way up to having clan bank access... but we dont need the chance to leak intel to enemies.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Syloc #42289 04/10/09 06:27 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I really think the best way to go about recruiting is to have a handful of members (doesn't need to be more then 2-3) group up together in the starter town. Then they walk around and group up with unguilded people, if they display decent skill (can follow directions and aren't a complete asshat)... invite them to apply.

I will gladly volunteer to be a recruiter for the guild if you guys would like. I literally just started playing DF yesterday, but I feel like I'm picking up the game mechanics/controls pretty well.

Obviously I would like to get out and explore more of the game and gather resources for the guild, but I would have no problem devoting a good portion of my time strictly towards recruitment.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard