KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#41912 04/03/09 12:44 AM
R
Ranker Offline OP
DFO - The Mafia
OP Offline
DFO - The Mafia
R
Hey guys,

I know we're fighting you guys as usual but something occurred today that crossed the line that the KGB I knew in UO wouldn't ever cross. One of you guys today was being pursued by 5 of our guys as well as a bunch of 3rd parties. We killed his mount and was on the verge of killing one of your members. However, upon losing his mount, your member, knew he was a dead man and teleported out. The member's name was Bearrok TheGraveSmith.

We don't accuse people unless its something serious. This was a serious offense. It wasn't just us that noticed it but also a 3rd party guild, pieces of 8. Pieces of 8 was fighting against us and even noticed it. That player's name is "yksnivak kavinsky". All of us stopped fighting each other to remark on the teleport hack. We double checked to see if it was one of those "strange" plug pulls. It wasn't. We sent a test message to your member who received it.

Anyhow, it's up to you to do with what you wish with your members. If this is the KGB I knew and had a blast fighting against in UO, then I'll see his name untagged tomorrow.

I'll see you guys on the battlefield, and a hello to all the old KGB that came back that I haven't gotten a chance to say hi to,

Ranker

Ranker #41955 04/03/09 09:41 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I will look into it Ranker.

Derid #41964 04/03/09 09:58 AM
Band 7
Band 7
I was there. He lagged out on DFO while lagging a little on vent at the same time. I was on his heels to cut you off anyways.

Looked like his ISP. There are MANY times that lag in this game looks more like speed hacking or some other exploit. I too, am crazy pissed at any hackers that we see and report every single one to a GM. However, I never assume that a single instance of something like this is an exploit.

Former KGB Member
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
i'd say Ranker should report him as any player would and if he really IS speedhaxing or teleporting then the GMs will resolve the issues.

As for us kicking out one of our members just because someone comes here saying so and so did x,y, and z... Well sorry but I'd need more proof then some "words".

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Thomas #41994 04/03/09 02:13 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I can understand where he's coming from tho i don't want any hack or cheat users within KGB either

Just report him and if it comes back bad we'll take care of it but Dunlop says he lagged out i gotta take his word on it for this matter plain and simple

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
R
Ranker Offline OP
DFO - The Mafia
OP Offline
DFO - The Mafia
R
Originally Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete
I was there. He lagged out on DFO while lagging a little on vent at the same time. I was on his heels to cut you off anyways.

Looked like his ISP. There are MANY times that lag in this game looks more like speed hacking or some other exploit. I too, am crazy pissed at any hackers that we see and report every single one to a GM. However, I never assume that a single instance of something like this is an exploit.

There was no lag issue as he attempted to cover for this by saying "wow thank god for server lines! =)" instaneously after one of our members sent him a tell to explain his disappearance. The problem is, they were nowhere near a server line at that point. If it was lag, I'd have expected to say so rather than blame it on server lines.

It's possible to lag, but even then one doesn't disappear completely off the local grid. One of our guys plays from South Africa and often lags. It's a persistent thing that causes a "stuttering" which is noticeable and differentiable. He wasn't lagging before the engagement, nor during most of the engagement. Our guys had encircled him. I find it hard to believe he completely disappeared from an area that had minimal cover and endless LoS.

To those that ask for screenshots and fraps, please see what it is that you're asking. It's one thing to fraps a speedhacker because he's actively using it, its a totally different thing to "fraps" a teleporter. After all, once he's gone he's gone.

However, I'm not here to conduct a witchhunt. We rarely accuse anyone of such an offense because its to be taken seriously. Reporting to AV is often fruitless as we've sent in videos of speed hackers with the same player taunting us each time. Out of the 4 speed hackers we've caught on fraps, only 2 were banned and only because they committed the offense again. AV will not ban you for a previous offense even if its recorded. You guys police yourselves as all respectable guilds do so I'll leave it in the hands of Derid.

Anyhow, good luck to you guys and congrats on capturing BKB's city.

Last edited by Ranker; 04/03/09 03:40 PM.
Ranker #42018 04/03/09 05:10 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hey Ranker,

You know, just from what I know of Teabag, he is not that competitive, and I feel is above this. I take your allegations seriously, and if it was someone that "Never" lost I would say well "Maybe".

We take this stuff seriously just like in the old days, and if I caught anyone using a 3rd party exploit, I would expell them immediately.

Good hunting Ranker.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Jet they are talking about Bearrok not Teabaggings

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
and I have pictures of your mom balls deep at a frat party...

seriously though... just report the guy and if he did teleport then you'll have your ban... pure and simple. If they don't ban him then you accusations are un founded and thank you drive through.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Ranker #42048 04/04/09 12:27 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
K I understand your getting pissed, but I Know I didnt hack and I know it happened to me in darkmoore while I was chasing an enemy out me and a clan member saw a dude just disapear in front of us. Plus you have only had this Issue with me once, and you cause all this drama, I personally feel your a jerk. But oh well these guys play with me all the time and never seen me do anything like that so whatever dude , vent if you must.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard