KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,039 Trump card
1,339,747 Picture Thread
478,311 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I know it's been awhile, but when I joined KGB in shadowbane I'm pretty sure KGB was anti griefer etc. Not sure if you guys know, but the goons' (aka somethingawful.com dudes) main objectives in games is to grief as much as possible. They purposefully run scams on potential members in EVE where they basically charge a fee to get in the corp, and then once the person moves stuff down there they repeatedly blow up the guys ships and laugh about it. Everyone in EVE knows. Goons brag about it.

Also they recently dry looted a clan's guild bank, and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Link to thread on DF forums

In the past these are the kinds of people I thought KGB stood against. So just watch out. These guys like to spy on guilds, infiltrate them, and then destroy them from the inside.

Anyway, I don't have an account in DF yet, as I'm waiting to buy a copy just like many other people, but I think I'm going to join the older gamers (TOG) instead of KGB. No way I can be allied with goons. They are the kind of player I'd rather kill than party with.

Also, go ahead and remove my DF access as a member. I fully understand why it's best. I can re-apply if I change my mind about joining TOG. I haven't read anything on the private boards, so no harm done. (might be best to remove all previous member access to those you aren't sure will join with KGB in DF)

Here's to hoping I can fight with you guys again, and again hoping you guys eventually part ways with the goon a**clowns.

Good luck KGB! SB was awesome and I hope DF will be to! O7

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Unless you are actually in game and see the situation and actively see the politics, statements like this are in poor place.

As far as infiltration and sabotage..that's all part of sandbox gaming..hence the GSS.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Is the GSS running?!

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Goons arent "griefers" in darkfall. Somethingawful.com is a huge community, theres lots of spawn-off guilds, some better than others. The Darkfall variety so far are disciplined and political, and their leadership is from UO and SB.

Wessex, the guild they looted, is part of a zerg of many thousands of people that makes CN look like a pet ant colony.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Arginal
Is the GSS running?!

First rule of GSS. There is no GSS.

Second rule of GSS. See the first rule.

O

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
On a note more on topic. I have played four games now with a Goon faction on the same server. That is exactly what they are as well. Sometimes you get the shit bags, sometimes you just get minor annoyances. The GoonFleet in EVE was/were some of the biggest douce's I have seen them run up the flagpole in quite a while. So, I can understand why the OP made the correlation between one Faction of Goons, and ALL Goons.

Best bet I have found for the Goons is keep them at arms length, on your side, with both eye's on them at all times, and use there numbers to OUR advantage.

They go megafucktard on you and start doing all kinds of crazy stuff, well then the decision becomes obvious, and you (KGB) come out of any alliance on the up side.

Fact is, if they wanted too, they could steamroll us right now just due to the variation of numbers they can put up vs. what we can defend with. If they go spaz on us, were defiantly going to need help.

Last edited by Tasorin; 03/25/09 04:56 PM.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
*grumbles loudly*

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Arginal
*grumbles loudly*

Do Aussies grumble right to left, or left to right?

GSS came in handy early on with the city bldg, that is all I am gonna say.

KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Ah thanks for the perspective. I've only experienced them in EVE, and agree in that game they're the worst set of crapbags I've ever encountered on the internet.

I'd rather run with KGB than anybody else, TBH, just didn't want to run with EVE style goons.

Hope to get a key this coming week, and see if I can join up with you guys. =) Are you guys Alfar?

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: nethervoid

Are you guys Alfar?

yes we are. but roll how you wish.. but you will have to train back in your old lands and its a long walk filled with danger!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard