KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#41141 03/20/09 10:17 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Here are the stories from some of the KGBers that were there:

Originally Posted By: Hare, (C1) Commander, KGB Armed Forces
I wanted to thank everyone who joined on the raid last night. We had a couple of rough spots but it was a blast.

Everyone who came did outstanding. We seriously got more attention than we probably deserved with the 8 of us. We created quite a sight with all of us mounted headed to battle.

The boat ride was hella long but we arrived in time to create quite a stir. We had a moment after riding all the way on the boat then mounts to the outskirts of their town where we stopped to ask for instructions/directions from a naked dwarf, I mentioned it was like the Blues Brothers movie after the car chase when everyone is waiting for the elevator to take them up top, very funny we were in such a hurry and the dwarf was french.

They sent us to a different town to defend and we showed up like the cavalry, well more like General Custer's last stand with 8 of us against 150 or so lol.

Our leadership was decisive and immediately found us a rooftop advantage where we CLEARED Wessex off the bank they were hitting and caused a battlefield clearing rain of magic on the enemy. We held our spot by shield parrying and blocking the stairway up to us, at least until I got knockedback outta the stairwell.

At that point all hell broke loose as we were quickly out manned and out geared. Many of us fell on the rooftop or just off it as we broke for safer ground.

That whole event is what puts the Glory in Knights of Glory and Beer. There was quite a buzz in chat and on the battle field about KGB is here KGB is there going on.

I won't single anyone out but it was a terrific battle by everyone and our leadership was spot on with battlefield instructions.

Good times.

Originally Posted By: Syloc, KGB Knight
There were multiple waves against us, each of which we turned back with our 4-wide across blockage of the ramp leading up to the top. In fact, we held so long, Wessex ignored us and pushed Cotp out, then, turned their attention to us and sent a wave of fully plate armored knockback, their top guys, to the top.

Even after we started to lose the top, we regrouped and huddled in a corner, shields up, trying to fend of the dozens upon dozens that appeared on our tower. Someone suggested we jump off, and we flung ourselves off the roof, some dying instantly to the dozens of weesexs waiting at the bottom; others, like donk and our fearless leader Derid, surviving to fight another day.

Originally Posted By: Brock Samson
Appreciate ya'll showing up. Really nice to see friendly faces ingame.

Saddly you missed the initial DDi crush but the timing was terrifying honestly.

The combined defending forces had JUST pushed DDi up and out of the city, and we were deciding whether to try and pursue or not. All nekkid and still bleeding from our last deaths.. When one of our scouts reports, APPROX 15 MOUNTED, south gate and closing.

We were all like.. *sigh* and turned to repel the new threat and reinforce the clanstone again.

Then someone goes, ITS KGB! KGB's HERE!

We were all cheering and laughing... was quite the morale booster, let me tell ya.

Thanks also for your kinship and motivation to relieve the beleaguered VG forces. I know ya'll lost some stuffz there, it was a diplomatic maneuver if not a military one at the last.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
When was this? Did the town get taken? Who is COTP?

EDITED FOR CONTENT
by JetStar

Last edited by JetStar; 03/20/09 11:48 AM.
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Just after we went to sleep. COTP is Covenant of the Pheonix, one of our allies from AOC.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Sounds fun.

UO SP: AurelianoBuendia
UO Pac: Magus, Running Fool
DF: Arjuna
Band 6
Band 6
hahahah didn't see the brock quote!

Former KGB Member
D
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
D
Nice. Good going guys!

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
This is the old faith I speak of, The Kights of Glory and Beer have always tried to be a heroic force for rightiousness and honor. I read this story and it makes me wish I had rode with those who had fought, a great tale indeed. While I feel there would be some who would point out the loss in the story, it is not the loss but the glory that counts.

I salute everyone of you.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
It truly was an epic experience. Glad we could help VG and COTP - I'll be there anytime.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
This is the old faith I speak of, The Kights of Glory and Beer have always tried to be a heroic force for rightiousness and honor. I read this story and it makes me wish I had rode with those who had fought, a great tale indeed. While I feel there would be some who would point out the loss in the story, it is not the loss but the glory that counts.

I salute everyone of you.

Without Honor and Glory, wining becomes a skewed outcome that never tastes as sweet as it should. I will take a hard fought glorious death any day over a shady cheeseball win.

This is why after 10+ years of gaming and a long time coming, I feel proud to wear the tag of KGB. I seemed to always be on the "other" server from KGB. Catskills in UO, Druzil Ro in EQ, and Bria in SWG.

At least in the end, everything has come full circle, and it seems we have a PvP platform worthy of our collective effort again.

Look forward to the years to come of continued good times, Glory, and Beer.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It's nice to hear stories like this from time to time laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard