KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 31 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,489 Trump card
1,339,895 Picture Thread
478,385 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#39539 03/02/09 09:08 AM
Band 7
OP Offline
Band 7
I'd like to personally and on behalf of the Darkfall leadership team elaborate on Vyse's earlier thread on our accomplishments thus far in DFO.

For those of you who don't know: In the matter of a weekend we have managed to claim a city stone in a good location (a very hot PVP zone as well). While this spot was not our first choice, it is still a great spot and we are grateful to have it. It took MANY MANY long hours to farm the cash early on to buy the stone and claim the city. For that, we are truly grateful.

Secondly, this weekend, we managed to build: A Bank, a Workbench, a Merchant,and a house.

For those of you not involved, this took a tremendous effort from most of the membership from everything from mining, to cutting trees, to killing mobs for cash, to running protection groups. I am personally, incredibly proud of the efforts put forth by the membership and humbled at the response we've gotten from you all when we ask for materials.

Now, as far as WHY we built those things first: The bank is obvious: we needed a place close by that we could safely store all of our loot without having to run back into the NPC cities. The NPC cities are increasingly dangerous due to a few war declarations.

The Workbench, allows us to make use of the same safety outside the NPC cities to craft the different materials we are using for new buildings. We are able to post guards at all city entrances and keep guard while Jet and others are using the workbench.

The merchant: This was an absolutely necessity. You can use the merchant to junk all of the loot you get from farming and bank the gold whilst never leaving our city. You can also buy a few items and switch any starter weapons you want.

The house: the first cap on members allowed to bind to the stone is set at 20. Housing and Keeps ups the cap. We weren't able to let all KGB members bind at the city with only 20 members allowed and the house added 7 bind spots. We will be getting more very soon when we add the keep (our current project). Select Few and UDA will be headquartering in our city and not building their own. In return, they will be helping us farm for our city and we will be needing an increasing number of bind spots. The house was the first step.

Once again, all of this took a completely tremendous effort from you guys and I am incredibly proud. We, as faction leadership, could not have asked for a better set of guys to have at opening and I hate that the rest of you haven't been able to get your accounts yet. Know that the people who DO have accounts have been working their ASS off for the faction and you will have a home when you get in.

Stay Tuned for more, and again...THANK YOU KGB!

wink

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Awesome! Thanks Dunlop. We still have a long way to go. The grind is just that a grind but that doesn't stop us from having a little fun as well. Darka decided it would be fun to raise archery on my head last night so we took a little break and Jet, Syev, Darkka and myself shot arrows at eachother for a bit. What a blast!

Keep grinding it out folks we get this city fortified and we are laughing!

Last edited by Vyse; 03/02/09 09:27 AM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
All good news.

Now if they will just unlock the store so I can purchase a copy.. goddamn this is frustrating.

Brutal #39552 03/02/09 10:54 AM
Band 6
Band 6
Great work guys. Ditto on what Brutal said.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #39577 03/02/09 03:03 PM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
good job wish we could all play

Link Copied to Clipboard