KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 52 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,027 Trump card
1,341,974 Picture Thread
479,774 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Missing in Action - October 2021
OP Offline
Missing in Action - October 2021
Also in relation to the open NDA, I thought it might be a good idea to post any little tips you can think of that you learned from beta. For example, although Donk can explain it better, apparently if you strafe right (counterclockwise circles) around your enemy, and slide your mouse left as you attack, you'll always get a back-stab with a 2-handed sword.

One tip I was thinking was when you do the initial quests (which can be done for each of the 3 noob quest hubs, and the final quest for each is repeatable) every time it takes you to the main town where the bank is, and sometimes even when it doesn't tell you to go to town: Bank everything you have. If you do this you can probably make over 1000 gold a day doing noob quests. On the other hand I spent my first week in DF in perpetual poverty because I'd either die to mobs or get PKed, and therefore end up losing all my money either way, every time I had 200 or 300 gold.

Also, if you're leveling magic, while running around doing quests use your lesser heal every time the cooldown runs out, and your mana missile until mana is at maybe 1/2 of the bar or so. This will give you the most effective skill-ups possible while questing.

Similarly, never have your stam bar full (it's a waste of possible sprint skillups!) so Always sprint to 90% stam, and let it regen as you run. This way you have a "full" bar incase a pker comes, but you are never wasting potential sprint-time.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Make sure to purchase a Starter Staff as well to Skill up your magic. No sense is using up durability on staff's to just skill up. I think there 120gp in the starter areas.

The starter Goblin area's are gank grounds. I would seriously consider grouping up and doing these starter quests, and not trying to do them alone.

Master looting and loot dispersal are your basic good idea's when hunting. This way, there is only one person to do gravestone picking, and that person can disburse the lewt's out to the group to minimize the effect of getting jumped and having someone accidentally dieing.

Alchemy(Pot's), Chef (Food creation), and Bowyer/Fletcher as skills will help you be self sufficient early on by letting you make your own pot's, food, and arrows. I can't remember the name of the actual skills right now, but you get the point.

Last edited by Tasorin; 02/19/09 11:41 AM.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!

Link Copied to Clipboard