KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#38309 02/18/09 02:55 PM
Seaelf Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight

Last edited by Seaelf; 02/18/09 02:58 PM.
Seaelf #38310 02/18/09 03:03 PM
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
ladies and gentlemen....start your engines

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Donkleaps #38311 02/18/09 03:25 PM
The Undead Army
The Undead Army
Hi everyone,

I want to address some of your concerns real quick:

* We recently added one guard tower to each faction quest hub. There are only three faction quest hubs in each racial territory, so they have little impact on gameplay, other than offering some protection for players who just started playing the game.

* There are no additional guard towers planned.

* We know that at least one tower was wrongly placed close to a chaos stone, and it will be removed shortly.

* As far as rogue/alignment mechanics go, we are looking at various improvements to the system. Keep in mind that at release you can only have ONE character, so the majority of the playerbase may play the game differently than they do in beta.

* We are currently testing functionality that will give city owners more control over when they can be challenged.

Rallic #38312 02/18/09 03:50 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - okay you testers FEED US!!!!!!!

Rallic #38313 02/18/09 05:37 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Quote:

Hi everyone,

I want to address some of your concerns real quick:

* We recently added one guard tower to each faction quest hub. There are only three faction quest hubs in each racial territory, so they have little impact on gameplay, other than offering some protection for players who just started playing the game.

* There are no additional guard towers planned.

* We know that at least one tower was wrongly placed close to a chaos stone, and it will be removed shortly.

* As far as rogue/alignment mechanics go, we are looking at various improvements to the system. Keep in mind that at release you can only have ONE character, so the majority of the playerbase may play the game differently than they do in beta.

* We are currently testing functionality that will give city owners more control over when they can be challenged.

Where to start with this one. By "control" of when a city is challenged, they better allow the person being attacked to set the start time window anywhere within the next 12 - 48 hours after your clan stone has been challenged.

No 2AM PST uber Chinese/Korean raids on your city, where you go to sleep and everything is fine, and you wake up and you stuff is gone.

Apparently these salad tossers never thought that people would buy two accounts just to simply SPY!! The only thing "One" character per account does is support their business model of forcing more unit sales and a higher "inflated" subscription base once they get ready to offload this game.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #38314 02/18/09 08:09 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Where's the secret KGB Darkfall Beta only forum? It should be visible now!

Former KGB Member
shatter #38315 02/19/09 12:00 AM
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
I believe it is going to become visible very soon...

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Tasorin #38316 02/19/09 06:42 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Quote:

Apparently these salad tossers never thought that people would buy two accounts just to simply SPY!! The only thing "One" character per account does is support their business model of forcing more unit sales and a higher "inflated" subscription base once they get ready to offload this game.

No offense intended here, but how are they going to enforce that people are only playing as one character?

Track IP's and ban people who use multiple accounts from the same IP? What about people who live together and want to play seperate characters?

No users from the same email address or physical address? It's easy to create alternate emails and again, if there's like 2-3 people living in a house in college, they have to share one character?

I think this is the best way to go about it... sure, some people will still try to cheat, but how is that different from any other MMORPG? It's up to guilds to screen their members, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Tonto_KGB #38317 02/19/09 06:59 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I think the major question here is: should I buy this game?

I understand that a poor game can be fun with the right people. SB had so many problems, but I had a blast playing with the KGB. But I've heard some really scary things about how bad Darkfall is.

Former KGB Member
Revol #38318 02/19/09 07:11 AM
Band 5
Band 5
They're releasing too early. Almost everyone in the official beta forums was asking Aventurine to delay release. The world is for the most part empty, some systems can be assumed to be unfinished (magic, but it's such a grind to get to higher levels, who knows!). The game however is stable, it has a LOT of potential to improve and the devs have shown themselves to be responsive to the player base on REAL issues rather than fluff, flavor of the month complaints...

If you were a UO player, and by such I mean one that enjoyed and spent a great deal of time in UO...I think you'll like the game as you already understand the "sandbox" environment.

If you're used to a fairly defined and linear progression in a MMOG, it's going to be tough at first and you'll have to protect yourself from making the assumption the game is boring or pointless since there is nothing REQUIRED. There are very few quests, etc...

I do agree the crew we have in game can guarantee some good times. Most of the old school PvP guilds are coming into the game...should be some good battles whether the game burns out or the devs pull it out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard