KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,353 Trump card
1,341,682 Picture Thread
479,378 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
As we get more people in vent, its time to create a few simple rules. I do believe in simplicity, so the rules will be pretty minimal, however they will be enforced by the admin team.

Channel Types : There are three channel types,
1 ) Game channel - General
2 ) Game channel - Group
3 ) Non-game - random

The first and foremost rule is, do not interrupt group activities when people are in a group channel. If a group is PvPing especially, even if you need to ask something, wait until its clear. If you end up in a random conversation in a group channel, and group lead/members say "clear channel" - it is required to cease any non-group related chatter. People need to be able to focus on their activies, and group channels are not to become the public pub. However, if they want a clear channel - it is the groups responsibility to move to a group channel.

2) Game - General : These are the channels where its cool to hang out. But, Game related chat takes precedence. People end up discussing many non game related things when chilling in general channels and thats cool, to a point. If people are trying to ask about or discuss the game, be respectful and let those conversations take precedence.

Third type : general random channels, examples of which are Oldskoolz, Anodyne lounge etc. These types of channels are the ones to goto when you dont feel like being fettered by the rules. The discipline doesnt apply here, within reason. All KGB Commandments and rules always apply in every channel.

One more thing to note : Ranking officers always have reighn over the game channel they reside in, even general channels. Group leaders have command over the group channel, even if they are not officially command staff.

Vent admins and officers have the authority and responsibility to enforce these rules as best they see fit.

This mandate will be strictly enforced without fear or favor, over the entirety of the guild.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
We should be making better use of comments as well. If you hold a specific position in a group then it should be in your comment (ie, group lead, master looter).

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

This is a good suggestion, and one I hope people make use of.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I hear that DF has no "assigned" group leader, so everyone is group leader ... at least this is what I've heard from the Beta leaks...

Former KGB Member

^ Jetstar did that, so I'm leaving it! :)
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Anyone can run a group. So, no, everyone is not a group leader, but anyone can be if they get some folk together to do something.

But otherwise, ranking officers are group leaders. However, even if someone isnt officially an officer, if they run a group they have the same privelage of an officer in regards to managing their group and group vent channel.

Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Bumping again, even though its stick. Making sure it lights up as "new stuff here" even though its old stuff. But its stuff everyone needs to re read and be familiar with.

KGB High Knight
KGB High Knight
Quote:

I hear that DF has no "assigned" group leader, so everyone is group leader ... at least this is what I've heard from the Beta leaks...

I think what Royel meant, Derid, is that anyone can invite somone to a group once they are in it. For example if you made a group and invited me, then had to go AFK to take a leak and someone needed an invite, i could send it to them.

STUBS!

KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
Please make some Dota channels.. kthx

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard