KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,671 Trump card
1,341,933 Picture Thread
479,472 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Quote:

Currently, the poll on the Darkfall forums indicates that the population breakdown will be:

17.82% Alfar
10.77% Dwarves
25.00% Humans
24.33% Mahirim
13.23% Mirdain
8.84% Orks

This means a breakdown of:
1. Alfar 17.82%
2. Mahrim/Orcs 33.17%
3. Humans/Elves/Dwarves 49%

Now I'm not sure what the special racial abilities are, so I can't judge on that, but it's obvious that the Alfar will have the most opportunity for combat. I'd also like to mention that I don't believe there's anyway for KGB to reasonably select Alfar with our current good-aligned outlook (Alfar are evil to the core). Personally, though, I'm cool with any race besides the werewolves. In the immortal words of G.I. Jane, "I'm just here to blow shit up."

Maybe a poll on the Oracle would be a good idea, I'm still debating the race I'd like to see us play most as well, but I am a bit more inclined to suggest Alfar over Human at this time.

<edit> As for the Alfar being evil, this is game lore, and does not mandate the rules for us, we can follow KGB RoE with any race, if roleplaying to the games lore is important, I'd suggest a good single player RPG game to get that crap out of your system </edit>

Last edited by Royel; 01/22/09 03:49 PM.
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
the unfortunate side to the using vent so much you dont read anymore (im in the same boat) is that in game chat is in your chat window only there is not chat bubbles so you will need to keep an eye on it or you will miss people talking to you

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Quote:

the unfortunate side to the using vent so much you dont read anymore (im in the same boat) is that in game chat is in your chat window only there is not chat bubbles so you will need to keep an eye on it or you will miss people talking to you

Anyone that's important would be talking to me in Vent.. I usally set up game windows and filter chat in a fashion that accomadates my "disabilities" anyhow, I just don't prioritize chat while engaged and it's not an effective means to get information across to me (and seems many others) fast enough.

Former KGB Member

^ Jetstar did that, so I'm leaving it! :)
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i dont limit the people id want to talk to by them being in my guild honestly or in vent.
you never know how yer gonna meet someone
i didnt meet kgb by being on vent with them
of course back then vent didnt even exhist ICQ ftw

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Maybe I should have said anything that's important, and this primarily means while pvp'ing. I certainly still talk with people outside of Vent, but I find it a huge handicap to try and do group pvp while not in vent, I myself will not take the time to stop fighting and type out something and give precious opportunity away for kicking some ass.

Former KGB Member

^ Jetstar did that, so I'm leaving it! :)
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
Alfar having the most available targets to attack is a good first choice but I think we'll need to know racial stats etc before a final decision is made. Hence Derid suggesting we play all the races for beta to get a feel for whats the best!

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I hate the "KGB plays the good guy" argument to decide what race we should play.
We play the good guy as the race we chose to play. It doesnt matter if we play human or alfar.
This game has set in bad guys by what you decide to play.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

<edit> As for the Alfar being evil, this is game lore, and does not mandate the rules for us, we can follow KGB RoE with any race, if roleplaying to the games lore is important, I'd suggest a good single player RPG game to get that crap out of your system </edit>

Well obviously we can play however we want no matter what race we choose. I just think it's kind of silly to play the evil race while we pass ourselves off as the defenders of the just and protectors of the newbies.

I'm sure you'll come to know my thoughts and feelings on gaming in general in the near future. I'm a hardcore gamer that's in it for the PvP and honor more than the roleplay and banksitting. I was just making the point, as it will eventually come into play through politics I'm sure. Honestly, I'd rather see the guild change its public stance a little more towards honor and less towards traditional trends than change races in the game.

Also, keep in mind that I'm not talking about Derid's leadership or any other such thing. I think his plans have been and will be great. I'm talking more about the perception of the KGB guild as a whole.

Ok, so one more time just to stem arguments about this ill-thought post: I think KGB and KGB leadership is great and moving in the right direction. My only issue is that playing Alfar will eventually lead to political issues because of perceptions. A slight change in wording our guild mission would fix that. KGB has generally been a defensive guild, but Alfar are seen as an aggressive race. We all know that we play the game to be aggressive, so let's just own up to it and revise our political statement.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I wanted to try and explain my thoughts a bit more, since I have this bad feeling that my post will start a huge argument, and that's not my intent at all. Prepare for more rambling.

Alfar is the "evil" race. KGB has always been about protecting the innocent. If Alfar are evil, that means it will attract the hardcore PvPers and the people that want to roleplay evil, so what innocents are we defending?

When JetStar politics, he's always done so (from what I've been able to witness) from the platform of the righteous. That's worked very well for him and KGB, but has led to the perception of being a gankfest zerg guild full of newbies and underskilled wannabes. This perception combined with no righteous platform will make developing a good reputation hard to do, and end with much double-speak, backtracking, and rumor mongering.

Now, we know that there is skill in this guild. We know that the rap KGB has among the elite is bogus (maybe it was true in UO-SP, but it's damned sure not true anymore). I'm just forewarning that if we end up playing Alfar we're going to have to revise our guild statements (not code, or rules, or anything else, just statements) in order to get the respect that we deserve. If we play another race such as human or dwarf, then we're fine like we are, but Alfar WILL require adaptation.

Last edited by Demoyn; 01/22/09 05:31 PM.
Band 5
Band 5
Your honor is to my honor as his honor is to their honor and so on. Honor is subjective, loyalty to guild and allies is crystal.

SO I guess what I'm asking is what qualities do you espouse that makes you an "honorable" PvPer?

What stance would KGB need take in your opinion to lean a "little more towards honor".

Finally, what do you feel our "traditional" stance is?

Derid has adopted a stance for DFO that is almost controversially contrary to past stances the guild has adopted.

Please do keep in mind as well that I'm not criticizing, simply wishing for you to expand upon your statements so I might better understand.

Edit: Bleh! You edited and expanded upon your post while I was replying but still would be interested in your take. Thanks..

Last edited by Bardaji; 01/22/09 05:35 PM.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard