KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,353 Trump card
1,341,682 Picture Thread
479,378 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Quote:

Quote:

those are starting stats. Just like UO, stats/skills/etc will be the same across all races. I like Humans as well, I was only stating Alfar becuase even before this FAQ/announce I was thinking about Alfar being the best becuase they are already at free range War with everyone.

I wouldnt mind human either, but i figure most everyone will be human and we will have to take a lot more counts that way.

either is good for me

I thought DFO was FFA. This just means you cant visit any other races cities, which is a disadvantage in my opinion. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe race has an impact on the criminal tagging system (aka blue, grey, or red a la UO).

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
It is FFO, but you only take "counts" from killing a faction not allied to you.

The factions are split into 3, and they are always at "war"

1. Alfar
2. Mahrim/Orcs
3. Humans/Elves/Dwarves

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Come on people. Go to the site and read up. Its not like we havent had time to do a little research.

KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
I would like to voice my opinion on Vent as well...

For ANY combat situations or mass "raids" vent IS and always should be manditory! Anyone who has played other MMO's that require strategy and timing to defeat uberboss_004 knows this.

Sorry for those who want to stay quiet but c'mon most all computers today can handle vent and a mic/headphone setup.

Just my humble opinion

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
I agree about vent. It's a must have (ok, the leader will have to give order by chat for uber also) and some discipline during action is mandatory.

If you already have good headphones and don't want to buy a headphone/mic combo, buy this : http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=210

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My take on Vent: Just FYI, I don't have turrets syndrome so if I call you all dirty no good names, I meant it.

Also, Falx has girly voice irl

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Lies lies and more lies!

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Currently, the poll on the Darkfall forums indicates that the population breakdown will be:

17.82% Alfar
10.77% Dwarves
25.00% Humans
24.33% Mahirim
13.23% Mirdain
8.84% Orks

This means a breakdown of:
1. Alfar 17.82%
2. Mahrim/Orcs 33.17%
3. Humans/Elves/Dwarves 49%

Now I'm not sure what the special racial abilities are, so I can't judge on that, but it's obvious that the Alfar will have the most opportunity for combat. I'd also like to mention that I don't believe there's anyway for KGB to reasonably select Alfar with our current good-aligned outlook (Alfar are evil to the core). Personally, though, I'm cool with any race besides the werewolves. In the immortal words of G.I. Jane, "I'm just here to blow shit up."

Band 6
Band 6
Depending on alliances, it might not even be a choice. Besides that however, there will never be any shortage of combat, especially since the Savage Alliance is doing Mahrim/Orcs and other Zerg-like guilds.

Former KGB Member
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Quote:

You know, there was one point, and I don't know how you guys did this in the past, but why isn't Vent Mandatory? I know, this may limit your membership, especially for those casual players ... but I was always of the opinion, AT THE VERY LEAST, you should be able to hear us on vent.

Having a mic isn't all the necessary, but when we're doing Group PvP, and coordinating, there's NO substitute for being in vent, even if your just listening.

The only problem i've come across though the years is when people don't use headphones and don't want their family to hear all the crap that goes on in vent, and even then, there's a simple solution. (use headphones)

Just my 2 cents.

I find it surprising that a bunch of old-school ex-hardcore gamers as ourselves would even be discussing this, I've almost forgotten how to type in the last 6-8 years I've been a gamer due to TS and Vent(Don't expect me to read /p /g or any other in game chat while there is action ongoing either, I mute it out).

Cheers,
Royel

Former KGB Member

^ Jetstar did that, so I'm leaving it! :)
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard