KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Derid #36428 01/18/09 10:23 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I used to battle with DT daily on siege, and always had a good time and gave/got a rez. Now i dont know KGB history with them, but I had always found herog to be as honorable as anyone could expect from any random person on SP~

Derid #36429 01/19/09 08:40 AM
Bardaji Offline OP
Band 5
OP Offline
Band 5
Quote:

CoS was a fun organization to fight.... like 6 years ago.

There is no point picking a fight with them, because we have a lot of other more important enemies.. but I do not see us working with them either.

Our in game stance with them will depend on how things pan out in-game. Maybe we will have a common enemy that negates hard feelings, and takes precedence for a time based on in-game events, maybe we will have conflicting interests and go back to war, maybe we will end up on different sides of the server or on different servers and not even see each other.

Bardaji #36430 01/19/09 12:00 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I played with PRX before KGB came to Vanguard, and KVENT was all about the anti-pk, they were great to lvl with, as far as I could tell, just another guild..

Derid #36431 01/19/09 05:20 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The best thing we can do is follow "some" of COS' starting strategies and beat them and other competing guilds to the punch. In other words: Start with a PROactive mindset rather than the outdated REactive mindset that smacks of the "underdog" mentality.

Take the territories that will be surrounded by some of the greatest growth and defensive factor - a decent combination of both, so you'll never outgrow your home base. Rather than reacting to someone else's aggressive posture and arriving too late or reacting too late with a counteroffensive in taking such territory - Be aggressive yourself. COS had some of the best starting tactics and battle plans because they didn't take NO for an answer when it came to moving in and conquering from the start.

My hope is that KGB takes up this posture from the outset and doesn't make any compromises and is at least one or two steps ahead of the competition.

Aside from that, don't follow the rest of what COS did:

COS began to decay after the first month and a half due to top tier corruption. Also: Zorak, Kaliaa, etc became so concerned about what other guilds thought about COS that they tried to please non-allies and in the process screwed many of their own members over to save face. That stripped away a lot of the loyalty from middle leadership, which is one of the worst things you can do. Fuck that approach: Real Honor always is about taking care of your own people first and anyone outside second or not at all. Never sacrifice the loyalty of great members simply to appease some asshat who said your great members did naughty X or nasty Y. For one, it's seed-planting by the enemy, and two: always trust your great members over the external. Keep KGB intrinsically strong.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Crimthan #36432 01/20/09 05:58 PM
Band 6
Band 6
You bring up a good point. I know there's a lot about the game we don't know, but, are we going more "Reactive", as you put it, or "Proactive"? I don't have my heart set either way, because I am of the opinion that we won't have any shortage of gankers foaming at the mouth to gank us, but there is a difference between starting out passive and active.

Are we going more conquest? Niche? Will we actively seek to siege cities within our alloted territory?

Then again, since this is the Euro release, it might not be a "decide now" kind of thing. But something to think about.

On your second point, I wholeheardly agree that you have to take care of in-house first, but being an isolated outfit is a pitfall many fall into, especially those who have a lot of inner turmoil.

I'm not saying we should appease every joe-smoe out there, but be cognizant that, like in SB, many wars will be decided in politics rather than gameplay.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #36433 01/20/09 06:09 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

On your second point, I wholeheardly agree that you have to take care of in-house first, but being an isolated outfit is a pitfall many fall into, especially those who have a lot of inner turmoil.

Precisely why you take care of your own first and foremost - to avoid inner turmoil and increase morale.

Quote:

I'm not saying we should appease every joe-smoe out there, but be cognizant that, like in SB, many wars will be decided in politics rather than gameplay.

Exactly why Iraq hasn't done well - the Wars are being waged by the Politicians and not the Warriors. WWII was led by the Warriors, and we kicked ass. The same for countless of other wars that did not fail. Why follow a model that only results in losing when you can learn from history what actually works?

Ultimately 4TW: When in War - Allow the Warriors to be Proactive. When they've done their job, then the Politicians can be Reactive by sending beer to the allies and bandaids to the more honorable of foes.

The other way around while in war rarely, if ever, works.

[Linked Image]

Crimthan #36434 01/20/09 07:31 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I actually agree with Crim here.

There is a reason this faction is being organized along military lines, and you hit on a decent part of that reason.

Derid #36435 01/20/09 07:53 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Hey man, nothing wrong on agreeing with me. I've agreed with you more than once.

[Linked Image]

Derid #36436 01/20/09 09:48 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

I actually agree with Crim here.

There is a reason this faction is being organized along military lines, and you hit on a decent part of that reason.

Hence the reason I have been totally quiet, not posting anywhere but KGB. Once we can get our house in order, and we can prove we can handle it, then I will bring it.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard