KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#35774 12/30/08 08:16 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Heres a post by a suspected beta tester it could be real or fake no one knows but the information sounds legit.. hehe its worth a read..

Quote:

Not my words... fairly reliable source.

Darkfall scares me, they just announced they will be releasing in europe on jan 22nd which is far to soon in my mind. In the current phase of beta theres about 150 ppl total and they have nearly the entire game disabled. You can skill up a bit on random newbie camps of goblins/orcs/skeletons but beyond that the world is entirely barren of NPC's. The combat system is \"meh\",

if they fixed melee it would be fine I guess. Its more of a FPS than anything combat wise, fps archery/magic and third person melee but you aim your swings. However in melee it turns out to be a spam left click fest because theres not much else to do. You cant control directional swings and thats my biggist complaint.
Full loot is really cool, getting all the items etc is fun. Took me a bit to get used to banking all my important shit again (i went out macroing fishing one day to come back and find all my best weapons/armor were on some SUN guy =p).

The graphics are bad, it wont make a fan quit but it would keep a new player who knows nothing of darkfall from playing. The sound effects are just laughable, when you run you sound like you got tap shoes on etc.
I seriously think the game is going to be a Age of Conan, they claim their internal testers are doing all of the siege/player cities/endgame shit but I've heard that before. These awesome internal testers let stupid shit like 3 minute health regen get by so I cant imagine what they could possibly miss endgame to fuck it up.

Its really a toss up, I want the game to work, sieging, player cities, homes, player drivin economy, full loot, sailing/ship warefare, etc etc is all really cool. The UI (not just chat tab etc, the way you interface with the game) is clumsy and will turn people off, I hate not being able to look around without moving

my character. Melee combat and health regen if they don't change it will be a
sticking factor as well. Stupid shit like the quest journal being HTML (actually opens up webpages ingame) just detracts from the fun factor/immersion.

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
Band 6
Band 6
On the flip side, here's a response from some random dude.

Quote:

"Darkfall scares me, they just announced they will be releasing in europe on jan 22nd which is far to soon in my mind. In the current phase of beta theres about 150 ppl total and they have nearly the entire game disabled. You can skill up a bit on random newbie camps of goblins/orcs/skeletons but beyond that the world is entirely barren of NPC's. The combat system is \"meh\",

if they fixed melee it would be fine I guess. Its more of a FPS than anything combat wise, fps archery/magic and third person melee but you aim your swings. However in melee it turns out to be a spam left click fest because theres not much else to do. You cant control directional swings and thats my biggist complaint."

Ranged combat feels like Oblivion. I think it is really fun and I will be playing a caster live. Melee needs work, so I agree on that one.

"Full loot is really cool, getting all the items etc is fun. Took me a bit to get used to banking all my important shit again (i went out macroing fishing one day to come back and find all my best weapons/armor were on some SUN guy =p)."

Best looting sytem of anything but a free shard. It simply kicks ass. If you like very harsh FFA worlds... Darkfall is everything they said in that regard. This is your game.

"The graphics are bad, it wont make a fan quit but it would keep a new player who knows nothing of darkfall from playing. The sound effects are just laughable, when you run you sound like you got tap shoes on etc.
I seriously think the game is going to be a Age of Conan, they claim their internal testers are doing all of the siege/player cities/endgame shit but I've heard that before. These awesome internal testers let stupid shit like 3 minute health regen get by so I cant imagine what they could possibly miss endgame to fuck it up."

The world itself looks good and well designed. Buildings and character models are good enough. Not a problem for any serious pvper. Health regen isn't that bad. The game is supposed to be very hard, and it is.

"Its really a toss up, I want the game to work, sieging, player cities, homes, player drivin economy, full loot, sailing/ship warefare, etc etc is all really cool. The UI (not just chat tab etc, the way you interface with the game) is clumsy and will turn people off, I hate not being able to look around without moving my character."

Totally disagree with the last point. I think the first person perspective makes the world feel even more dangerous. 3rd person is so tight that there isn't much of an advantage of melee over range either. So this is a positive for me. Guess it depends on what you like.

"Melee combat and health regen if they don't change it will be a
sticking factor as well. Stupid shit like the quest journal being HTML (actually opens up webpages ingame) just detracts from the fun factor/immersion."

Health regen is not a negative in my mind. It is nothing like EQ, but it is enough so that you don't want to get wounded. I do agree they need to turn on or finish the content and make some tweaks, and a jan 22nd release feels far too early. Hopefully they just start the open beta by then and continue to improve it. Lots of potential though, and I will be buying it myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Man I'm so sick of the waiting lol.. If only one of us could get in and see how it really is.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
T
Band 4
Band 4
T
The posts outlined above are all opinion. I've learned no matter how smart you may think you are, you still can't argue with even the dumbest person's opinion.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Beta invites thus far have all gone to old Darktide guilds and visible Forumfallers. Should been a mindless forumfall troll for a few years, would have gotten you beta Garal ^_^

KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
heh ya the lack of information and they say thier releasing this game in less than 3 weeks? blah hehe oh well fuck it its gonna be full of bugs anyways lets just play

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Quote:

heh ya the lack of information and they say thier releasing this game in less than 3 weeks? blah hehe oh well fuck it its gonna be full of bugs anyways lets just play

This.

Band 6
Band 6
Can't be worse than Shadowbane, and look how fun that was!

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Shadowbane was NOT fun at launch at least with all the crashes and what not lol.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Band 6
Band 6
SB.exe was bad, but it never hit me as much as other people did. hehe. Plus, I'd rather play Shadowbane with the bugs and crashes over WOW or WAR's pathetic version of PVP any day.

Former KGB Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard