KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,082 Trump card
1,346,923 Picture Thread
482,555 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#34935 12/01/08 11:03 PM
Demoyn Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
I realize that the game hasn't released an exhaustive amount of information yet, but it's never too early to open up discussions. I'm sure plenty of people have questions, but mine in particular is: what races do we plan to have/allow in KGB, and is there any specific direction we need to be aware of with character creation?

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

For beta when we finally get it.... not really. Having people run around as a few different races/starting locales might be good.

For release, things will depend on what we learn between now and the end of beta. As I understand things at he moment, if release started right this second, no more info, no beta- we would all go one race, one starter town.

It will all depend on how difficult it really turns out to be, to mix and match races. We are ARAC, as far as guild philosophy but at start time we dont want everyone to be 6 hour run through hostile land away from each other.

Once we are in a position to no longer work out of/operate in the NPC cities, it wont mater what races people play.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
That's refreshing to read.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Everyone together and donating everything to get the city up will be huge so derid has the right plan. Stick together defend our cash flow at the start of the game. When we are established as guild have a city then make whatever you want too.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Band 6
Band 6
Well, it would really depend on game mechanics; and like you said, it might be real hard to be ARAC. From what I understand it, you can't use certain merchants because certain merchants won't deal with certain races. (correct me if i'm wrong)

In any case, it's best to wait till more beta informations leaks imho.

Former KGB Member
Band 5
Band 5
I agree we need not determine what race, etc at this point since we know next to nothing but...

We need to abandon any ARAC plan imo, with consideration of starting locations, difficulty in traveling at lower levels and the need to have safety in numbers while leveling.

We *absolutely* need to roll in as large groups while leveling and dominate the spawn. If not, we loose early advantage...we loose early advantage, we lose.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Remember were not leveling we are gaining skills so we just need to control areas of interest as to what mobs give the best money.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Like I said Bardaji, if it went live *right now* we would. When I say ARAC in principle, that just means that if two months after launch or whatever you wanna get a 2nd account and roll a Dwarf on it or whatnot, thats fine.

Or if we have our own town and someone from a diff race wants to join... no problem.

I am however very cognizant of issues relating to having people spread out at launch,and this will be avoided unless further information proves it to be a non issue.

Demoyn Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
You realize, of course, that if we are all starting as the same race, we'll have to be dwarves, right? I can't play a racial game and not be a dwarf!!!

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
heheheh
id agree with keeping it with a similar racial theme at the start to keep a decent size group of us close.
as well as not screwing up factions/or whatever from killing our own race to defend guildies

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard