KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 56 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,429 Trump card
1,340,267 Picture Thread
478,689 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#33036 10/14/08 03:36 AM
Seaelf Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
What races are we going to be? Alliance, Orcs/Wolfmen, or Alfar. Alliance and Orcs/Wolfies can be any alignment?
I guess we will have to be good alignment to have the NPC's for city protection etc. Although it would be fun to have a evil alignment alt clan to wreak havoc !!

If we are allied with PRX (for example) we would have to match our race choice to theirs. Alfar might be a good race, as we would have more PvP opponents without incurring an alignment penalty.

Last edited by Seaelf; 10/14/08 04:24 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I would like to see us go the alfar way. We would not have to worry about what race we could or could not kill. For a nubby like me that can hardly tell a elf from a dwarf this would be a good thing.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

To be honest, race is still under consideration. It is probably prudent to wait and see how it is actually implemented at beta/launch. I personally have distaste for the alignment/rep system, however once a guild is fully established in its own/allied cities, from what I can tell alignment loses its relavence, as you no longer need access to home NPC towns.

Seaelf Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

To be honest, race is still under consideration. It is probably prudent to wait and see how it is actually implemented at beta/launch. I personally have distaste for the alignment/rep system, however once a guild is fully established in its own/allied cities, from what I can tell alignment loses its relavence, as you no longer need access to home NPC towns.

I hope so, the alignment thing is too RvR and not enough FFA. I thought from a first glance though that any NPC would have alignment based decisions based on RvR PK's. Hope that is just in NPC towns and not guild towns.

BTW, are you all in Guild Beta? Or when is beta supposed to start?

Last edited by Seaelf; 10/15/08 04:01 AM.
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Hardware testing is going on, and beta begins soon, unless they're already running it without an announcement.

::shrugs:: for Alignment/Rep to be interesting, I feel there need to be way more factions. With just 3 factions per "side" your inclinations to PvP are going to be pretty clear cut. Back in NC though, it was like 11 factions, and each one had different allies/neutrals/enemies, so it added a nice touch to guild diplomacy. There were some alliances you'd consider undertaking in which you knew you were going to take alignment hits for PKing Neutrals or maybe even in some case friendlies, just because your allied guild happened to belong to another faction.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Alfar will be a very united nation : every other race being ennemy, it helps creating a sense of community. Problem : it may be the home of a lot of RPK which will ba a problem diplomaticly-wise.
Human / Dwarf / Mirdain will be the exact opposite : lot of new players, the real zerg playing how they can and throwing the responsability of all their failures to whoever they can.
Ork / Mahirim may be a good compromise. They may lure a lot of newbie (orks, werewolves are the shit) but they won't have the carebears in. A lot of RPK surely, less community sense than the Alfars but less diplomacy problems.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Hmm.... the real diplomacy problems will come from guilds that are unable to exact any discipline from their members.

Not to worried about labels like PK/RPK/etc. If the Alfar arent killing other Alfar and are killing so called "racial enemies" then they arent RPKing.

The bigger problems is dealing with guilds that gather 200 people under their banner, with a few head swolled leaders that pretend to be bigshots, and can call a zerg-target but who exact no accountability or disciplne from their membership.

Link Copied to Clipboard