KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#29551 07/29/08 12:56 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997

High King JetStar
Gives State of the Nation
Address

Click VIEW below for more

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
First of all, I wanted to thank our membership. Without you, there would be nothing. I appreciate all of your support over the last 11 years. Through thick and thin, good and bad, success and failure.

Many had doubts, that the venerable KGB could rise again, and have a successful presence in a modern MMO. With all the challenges and hardships that go with it. Despite the problems with the game, and internal challenges, we have done just that, and became a real presence in the game and on our server. Despite losing members to frustration over game mechanics, we have persevered.

On the eve of the Constitutionally mandated election, I wanted to be the first to thank the officers that helped make it happen. Lets start with former CKGB Vice Chancellor Shade, who resigned his commission after game mechanics nerfed his ability to enjoy the game. Shade helped to get the Faction on its feet, and how many of us, owe many many levels to his unstoppable dedication to make KGB compete early on. As mandated in the KGB Articles of Confederation, I grant him the permanent title of Duke. Thank you Shade. It should be noted that Shade gave his L80 account to the guild to continue our efforts in AOC. How about former Vice Chancellor Hydr, who through all the challenges of success, remained a voice of reason, and did his best to ensure we all worked together. He worked behind the scenes, and asked for nothing in return. After quietly stepping down from the position of Vice Chancellor, Hydr has quietly left KGB, on his own path to find fun, success, and online happiness.
Now lets talk about High Chancellor Vipir. When I formally asked the membership for a High Chancellor candidate, noone came forward. After a long hiatus from an official Faction, KGB was off doing its own thing. With pressure from some of our veterans, Vipir offered to step up. I was impressed, that this one year veteran of Vanguard, heard the call and offered her heart and soul to see us succeed. This after being treated poorly in other organizations, I swore on my word, that I would do everything in my power to support this effort and see the first faction in YEARS succeed.
High Chancellor Vipir is no politician though. She was not gifted with the gift of gab, and despite working day and night for the Factions success, most of what she does is anonymous. In politics, this is a difficult path. I can only tell you what I have seen first hand. High Chancellor Vipir has done everything she could to see the success of this faction, despite what was perceived and without the normal public relations. Never was she selfish, NEVER putting her own feelings above the guilds. I her, and can only wish that my own motivations were so pure.
We have survived again from much internal turmoil. But, we almost didnt. I am shamed to admit, but once again, I have failed you. All of you know I have deep compassion and faith in each of you. Looking back at the mistakes of this organization, I alone am to blame for us not reaching our potential. What I can tell you is this, I serve you, each of you, you do not serve me. I have learned from this situation and have done my best to apply that knowledge as wisdom. All I can promise each of you, on a personal level, is that I will do everything I can to make this family a success, and to recognize those of you that go beyond the call of duty.
Forgive me, each of you, as I am no more wise or intelligent than you, yet it is my responsibility to keep the family strong, and to overcome the obstacles in our way to success. I have always taken this very seriously, and pledge to always continue. Know that I feel the pain and joy of each of you, as you experience this. One day, I hope it will be nothing but victory and a close brotherhood (and sisterhood). It is a dream I have.

What about Crown Princess Heidi? Always there, exactly when you need her. She stepped up and took care of all the resource accounting when she knew Nothing about a new game. How lucky are we to have such a soul as our Sister.

What about Chancellor Jonus, who pays RL for our VENT. Never asking for a penny, Jonus does his business on the down low, but make no mistake, he has, as others, played a key role in our ongoing success.

Vice Chancellor of State, Dcengr is always about giving you strong financial advice as well as being a voice of reason. How lucky we are to have him with us.

Prime Minister Romeo Montague, has risen from the shadows. All of you are about to see why I appointed him (and Elph) second in command of KGB. After a long break, Romeo has answered the call, without question, and again proved just what dedication is.

Second to last, is my darling Elph. She pick me up when I am down, she motivates me when I want to give up. Elph keeps the system flowing. Understand this, Without Elph, there would be no KGB, plain and simple. There is no way I can recognize or repay the commitment she has made and keeps to me and all of you. I am trying, but someday I may indeed be worthy of the respect and allegiance she shows me every day.

Anyone talked to Paladin Syev lately? You may have to endure his opinions and feelings, but, again, he has taught me something. Without a doubt, Paladin Syev is and has been out TOP PVPer for a long time. Flash back to DAOC, when my XP group, in a Dungeon got rolled. As then danced on my body, I said proudly, "I got a surprise for you". They replied, "Are you going to send the KGB Zerg Army?", I said no, just one...
Syev entered the dungeon, and singlehandedly dropped the entire group. To which I replied, "Dont EVER fuck with me again, that is just ONE of many". GODDAMN I was proud. Thanks Syev for being my friend and all that you do for KGB.
Finally, I would be lying if I did not bring up our friend and former KGB 5 Star General Donkleaps. Hand picked by High Chancellor Vipir, General Donk, earned the respect of the guild and our allies. A MASTER on the battlefield, Donk is close to our hearts. Things didnt go as they should though, and Donk gave in to the voices that would steer him another direction. Noone put in the hours and dedication that Donk did, but that level can cloud your judgement. Noone is perfect, and I call on the former General to heal the wounds of the past, trust me, there is NOTHING wrong with being wrong. I know better than anyone, and the fact that our membership is still here, means that they all have a forgiving heart. I challenge you to test this.

So many members that deserve recognition, and I am asking all of you to help me do that. There are easy ways to recognize those that give over and above the call of duty. I encourage all of you to do it (Award request forms on the Entrance page).

To each of you, as your leader, I am also your humble servant. I alone carry the responsibility for this organization. Will you not PM me and help me?

In Service to KGB,

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Nice post Jet. I enjoyed reading the part about Syev. He was a mad master in the DAOC days, the whole hood crew was a blast. Vipir has done a great job. I know there was a lot of misconceptions about the job she was doing. I just urge everyone to sit down and talk with her, you will find yourself with someone who's real and will level with you. I love the girl. She's the kinda girl that will tell you if you look fat in your dress or you're just ugly. You gotta love them country girls, they are the best!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Elph #29554 07/29/08 09:32 AM
Missing in Action - October 2021
Wait Hydr completely left the KGB? What a damn shame, he was a great member. I have hopes he'll return though, in exploits through WoW once KGB left I joined probably half a dozen guilds, some old and established, some new, some pvp, some pve, and none every really compared to KGB. I think he'll find the grass was perfectly green back home once he goes out and explores the other side for a while.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I don't think there was ever any doubt as to how hard the leadership has worked, nor anyone who didn't appreaciate it. Though there is nothing to indicate any finality concerning KGB's ability to overcome our losses, regardless of how painful, and rally for the future and greater glory of the guild. Despair is for the discouraged, and hopeless to feast upon, no guild on Doomsayer has more potential then this one, no guild is as determined as those assembled here, and no guild has the strength to stand when others would chose to fall other then KGB. Let all come and witness our power first hand and they will either crumble to dust before us or pay homage to our strength of will to carry on.

Doomsayer will become home to many of us, to those of us just arriving, and to those of us who have left to return to. Our Nation one of the greatest to rise, and a beacon to the server as our right rule in a land of lawless chaos where the old faith of KGB continues to wage war upon those who would do anything to drag us below.

Last edited by Drakiis; 07/29/08 11:15 AM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
I went through and read this and decided to read it one more time for further understanding of everything said. You have done a splendid job in the post you have made here Jet. Through all KGB has been slowly falling between games this has been and hopefully will become a great faction for all who play AOC. It is a shame however, that people can’t all put aside their differences and get along and have fun which games are meant to do. People leave/quit and some retire. Best of luck to all those that are gone and the paths they take to find their meaning of fun again.

Jonus is a great man and with his own pocket he provides KGB with a valuable service to strengthen the communication and bonds of all members of KGB. I’m glad to see that Romeo has risen again for the last time he took a major role was alongside in Shadowbane and he supported the guild immensely. Always great to have Elph around as well. It was a shame to hear about Donk and since I wasn’t around I will not comment on that situation but I do hope it all works out as an ex-guildmate and a friend I met in San Diego.

You have tried through many years to help and extend you arm to resolve and restore peoples contentment in KGB. I bow in the service you have provided for everyone along the years. I’ve played very little with you and you have done an extreme amount of effort to support me. Thank you.

Best of luck to all KGB members down their path of gaming!

Sta~Reaver
Zhou
(COTP)

Last edited by Zhou; 07/29/08 02:12 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Zhou #29557 07/29/08 07:34 PM
Wait so Donk also left? Who exactly split off from the guild to date?

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Band 1
Band 1
Any group/guild I join I really appreciate good leadership... KGB has always had it. I have seen first hand how being in a leadership role of some kind can burn people out fast if you don't have the right mindset and go into it with your eyes wide open.

My RL brother tried to make just a small guild on DAoC back just a few months after it launched. He thought he could just play along with others like a reg member. In addition, He was just playing it casually (just on avg of 7-8 hrs a week). He found out real quickly that if you don't spend the time and be available to members the guild will die quick... it did.

So I really appreciate/respect/admire anyone who not only takes on a leadership role but does it well. I tip my hat to you one and all.

- Solarrin

Last edited by Solarrin; 07/29/08 09:26 PM.
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

Wait so Donk also left? Who exactly split off from the guild to date?

Donk is KGB, He did not leave the guild.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Wow Jet, Bravo.

There is a lot of passion in that posting. Passion is the mark of a motivated leader. I tip my hat to you.

I have had the pleasure of meeting several members and officers in KGB over the course of the last couple weeks. The experience has been amazing.

Operating an online guild is a time consuming undertaking, and I bow to each of the leaders in KGB; I you and I raise my cup. Y’all make a considerable effort to keep this group going and it shows. From an outsiders perspective I wanted to share what I have seen and heard.

I have camped your vent channels and monitored your guild chat. I have heard people talk about KGB as a team. I have heard them talk about cooperation. I have read your rules and your regulations. I have heard talk of honor and integrity. Well, as you can imagine, I have heard that all before. Believe it or not, I “heard” it in Dread. I have heard it in many other guilds as well.

This is what I have seen and what I have experience in KGB.

• I have logged in on several occasions and typed a greeting in guild chat, and have received several responses….even from players who do not know me from Adam. That simple action is evidence of a community. It is the basic level of respect…it is “the action of giving particular attention.” (Webster’s) It can be discouraging for members to log in and say hello, and get no response. That sends the message that we do not care about your arrival. Believe me, it sucks. In KGB, I have always seen responses to members as they log-in
• A player who had never met or spoken with my wife, took time out of their day and their play time to patiently walk her through the steps to set up vent, so that she may participate in the conversation. That is serious teamwork. It is selfless; it creates interdependency, respect and loyalty. I can tell you, I wish I knew who it was, because they have my undying admiration. It is more evidence that KGB has drawn to its legions, high-quality members.
• I have grouped with many members of KGB for raids, for sieges, for pvp and for fun. I was offered these opportunities even when I was a complete stranger to most. That proved to me that teamwork is not an idle term used by the guild. It was evidence that KGB works together.
• Every day I log in to see which guild mates are on and what zone they are in. I see some leveling, but the 80’s are usually resource grinding or working on pvp mini games to enhance the guild points and practice their skills. (i.e. Common goal, Common purpose, cooperation.)
• I read some guild chat commentary one day between two KGB members. It was conducted with respect, courtesy and maturity. The message for everyone reading was a reminder that KGB does not knowingly use exploits. That is integrity. It gives the rules and regulations meaning, and it defines KGB as a group. I don’t blame you if you fall from your chair, when I tell you that Dread’s rules are the same, “no ganking and no griefing.” Dread is full of hypocrites. KGB is populated by players who truly rise to the occasion of Knighthood.
• Most telling of all…I am a late night player and I was on a vent channel with three established members. They did not know me, but they knew I was there. They encountered a player from OPP, and from what I understand this is KGB’s nemesis guild. In a PVP world, the fight is to be expected. How, when and where the fight is conducted defines the fighters and the organization they represent. These three guys talked about their options in vent. Before them they had a mortal enemy. 3 vs 1 is not an honorable fight. They could and probably should kill him because he was competing for spawn and real estate control is a very real part of war, even in a virtual game. So they decided they could just kill him, they could invite him to group, or they could invite him to group and if he declined, then they could kill him. One course of action there shows the highest level of honorable pvp conduct; Offer him the opportunity to share the spawns, and if he declines execute the pvp mission, kill him, control the spawn and advance. It goes without saying they decided to take the high road. THAT is evidence of the caliber of player populating this guild.

I hope Jet, you and everyone reading this feels me on this. Every organization faces its trials and tribulations, internally and externally. But there are some irrefutable laws of leadership that apply to this equation. The highest leaders or founders in any organization places their flag in the sand and boldly claims, “This is what we are about.” The flag says, “This is what this organization is about.” It is a bold statement regarding vision, and value systems. Some people will be attracted to that vision and will gravitate towards the flag; others will not agree and will depart. That is always ok. Not every organization is for everyone. I do not know the full history of KGB, its founders or its former leaders, but I can tell you this…current leadership has clearly made a statement about who KGB is, and what KGB is about. It is a great statement and it shows throughout the membership. Everyone I have met and played with shares the vision or at least acts upon it.

My wife and I consider ourselves deeply blessed that we have finally found a group of players who walk the talk, instead of just talking the talk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard