KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,198 Trump card
1,342,008 Picture Thread
479,923 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Revol Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member

I've had over $100 on my Gamestop gift card for a year now, and with nothing else to use it on, I thought I'd check out BradyGames' Official Age of Conan Strategy Guide. Is it worth your purchase? Click view for the answer.

Former KGB Member
Revol Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
No, it's not. It brings no new information to the users. No dungeon maps, no numbers on stats or skills, no real information on crafting that hasn't already been found. And most disappointing is the PvE content is incredibly weak. They outline all the quests, sure, but they don't tell you what level requirement they are. There's no real help in telling you good ways to level.

This was just a waste. And what's worse, is that Gamestop doesn't take returns on strategy guides. Oh well. I still got $80-some left in credit.

Former KGB Member
Missing in Action - October 2021
Yeah, I made the mistake of getting the SWG guide when I was young and stupid. Terrible idea. It did have some useful tables in the back with monsters' HP and attack damage and such, but funny thing is by the time I bought the guide the devs had already changed a lot of those values through patches. What's more is throughout the time I played the game patches completely made the guide obsolete. Aside from those tables though, the rest of the information was extremely weak. Prima or whatever the brand is pretty much copy pasted the class lore descriptions and put that, and the trees as the sole information on the classes. Other than that, yeah like you said, it gives extremely basic information, it's like a slightly thicker game manual. The information on crafting was pretty much "you have to learn it from a trainer, then have a tool in your inventory and go to a crafting station."

Yeah, getting a guide for an MMO is ridiculous. ... I guess in time I've come to realize that getting a guide in itself is ridiculous, but this especially applies to an ever-changing game like an MMO. Come to think of it also for a game where you have to be a retard to not figure out how to do the stuff anyway.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Revol Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
The DAoC strat guide was decent, and the map guide was real nice.

Former KGB Member
Band 2
Band 2
Jesus, that sucks man. Usually I'll pickup MMO Strat guides purely for nostalgic purposes. IE: The original UO guide, but definitely not this one. No usefull info? Bleh.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I'm amazed that Prima hasn't gone to an online supplement for MMORPG guides seeing as how MMORPG's rapidly change after release.

Basically like when you buy the book you'd get a code. You register for their forums and get access to the section for that game.

Then as patches come in and info from the guide is obsolete, Prima updates that info online for you to check.

Oh well, guess they really only want to make a quick buck though.

That's a really good idea, but yeah, I doubt they care enough. And anyway, with websites like Thottbot or Alakhazam or whatever, I doubt that there is much of a market for MMO guides out there. The information is already out there for free, and the websites are so popular that you don't really have to spend hours googling to find the quest you want, it's as easy as clicking a bookmark on your browser.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard