KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,039 Trump card
1,339,747 Picture Thread
478,311 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Misunderstandings happen all the time.

I had a couple people I grouped with over the weekend saying KGB was ganking them back in Tortage during the opening week of the games release.

I explained that wasn't part of our guild policy and asked them for names and what not, they said they forgot so I just buried it and told them that if anyone in KGB was rez camping to let me know and I'd have leadership take care of it because we take things like that which go against our policy seriously.

Now, were KGB'ers camping rez points? I seriously doubt it. The people I were grouping with probably got killed by another group and saw some KGB'ers running through the screen on quests and assumed they were part of it. Or they saw another guild that looked like KGB and got things confused over the couple weeks it's been since launch.

The issue with Shadow Legion obviously a different circumstance as there was a long series of tells between sides, but I agree with a lot of the comments above and can attest to the fact that it's impossible for a high king or any leadership structure for that manner to completely control the actions of a 100+ person force at all times. Hell, I used to run a Quake team and we only had 12 members and that was even impossible to control between myself and our co-captain because we'd still get complaints from people, sometimes legit sometimes bogus.

Mablung probably grouped up with a bunch of idiot PK'ers and when they started ganking everyone for fun, he didn't have the brain to remove himself from the group and head back to town to look for a new group. I almost got caught in the same prediciment recently. I tried to run with a Sanctum group (non-KGB) over the weekend and the first thing the leader says is, "let's gank some lowbies on the way, it's fun". I politely declined, said something came up and I had to go, switched instances and picked another group to run with.

Last edited by Tonto_KGB; 06/02/08 07:31 AM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Oh and just so you don't get the wrong idea...

I'm not defending Mablung nor am I questioning why this was posted on the front page.

He had the chance to diffuse the situation, but instead tried to act like an e-tough guy and pull the, "oh you don't want me to get my guild" card. That, in my humble opinion, is the greater offense then grouping with some idiots who are rez camping and not having the brains to pull out when they are violating your guilds established policies.

P
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
P
Greetings Knights, A moment to introduce myself, I am Port Wickwire, one of 3 GMs of The Shadow Legion.

TSL was established in 1998 on the Pacific Shard in Ultima Online by myself along with Dryden, We've added another GM a while ago, by the name of Iconn Rennoc.

With the introductions out of the way, I'd like to say first and foremost, Jetstar.. Seriously?

We have no alliance. Jetstar approached Mythra of TSL a week or so ago asking about an alliance between the two guilds, nothing has been agreed upon. I'd like to reiterate, You approached us.

We are a PVP guild in a PVP game on a PVP server. We kill people, that's what we do. We live by the sword, and die by the sword. That's why we're here. That's the drive that gets us to that next level.

TSL allied with KGB in past games, this is true. At the time it was a benefit for both guilds. KGB has always claimed to be the "Honorable guild" TSL has never made such a claim, nor will we - That's not who we are. We may have honor, Some of my members more than others... But 'Good guys' is not who we are. With that said, I'm sure all you readers out there understand that not only are Mablungs actions NOT embarrassing to us, From the story we heard, where Jetstar attacked him after the rez killing, and Mablung handed the old man his arse, Jet then called in 2 more KGB, to attack Mablung, only to be cut down by our deadly Ranger as well.

As I see it, this can go a few ways,

Jetstar can retract his statements as over reacting and propaganda, and we can all let it go.

or..

Jetstar or other officer could again contact Mythra, regarding some sort of agreement between us, after Jets retraction.

or..

We (TSL) can simply carry on as we are now. Killing whomever we please.

It saddens me a little to see that you (Jetstar) have targeted us (TSL) as the object of your propaganda machine. I thought this was KGB, not OPP. You also need to think on this Jet, How long will you be around? Your track record for hanging around in past games hasn't been the greatest. Should things turn ugly between KGB and TSL will you be there to lead your troops? Or will the remaining officers in your guild be left with the mess you leave them? - Just food for thought, it's fairly early in the game to go poking sticks into anthills.

Jetstar, you or one of you officers can feel free to contact me via the TSL forum if you wish to further discuss this.

Port Wickwire
TSL Triad
The Shadow Legion
www.shadowlegion.net

Missing in Action - October 2021
Hey Port.

I dont know if you remember the relationship KGB and TSL had in the past, but considering the fact that I know Mythra's bra size, I'd say our guilds were pretty close back in the day(Shadowbane) and if TSL were to ever attack me, I would be definately be surprised as well.

Hey, its your choice if you want to go around ganking people in another game. Nothings wrong with that, but to come here and use this condecending tone, as if Jet was totally in the wrong for being surprised by your actions is nothing but laughable.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

Greetings Knights, A moment to introduce myself, I am Port Wickwire, one of 3 GMs of The Shadow Legion.

TSL was established in 1998 on the Pacific Shard in Ultima Online by myself along with Dryden, We've added another GM a while ago, by the name of Iconn Rennoc.

With the introductions out of the way, I'd like to say first and foremost, Jetstar.. Seriously?

We have no alliance. Jetstar approached Mythra of TSL a week or so ago asking about an alliance between the two guilds, nothing has been agreed upon. I'd like to reiterate, You approached us.

We are a PVP guild in a PVP game on a PVP server. We kill people, that's what we do. We live by the sword, and die by the sword. That's why we're here. That's the drive that gets us to that next level.

TSL allied with KGB in past games, this is true. At the time it was a benefit for both guilds. KGB has always claimed to be the "Honorable guild" TSL has never made such a claim, nor will we - That's not who we are. We may have honor, Some of my members more than others... But 'Good guys' is not who we are. With that said, I'm sure all you readers out there understand that not only are Mablungs actions NOT embarrassing to us, From the story we heard, where Jetstar attacked him after the rez killing, and Mablung handed the old man his arse, Jet then called in 2 more KGB, to attack Mablung, only to be cut down by our deadly Ranger as well.

Jetstar can retract his statements as over reacting and propaganda, and we can all let it go.

or..

Jetstar or other officer could again contact Mythra, regarding some sort of agreement between us, after Jets retraction.

or..

It saddens me a little to see that you (Jetstar) have targeted us (TSL) as the object of your propaganda machine. I thought this was KGB, not OPP. You also need to think on this Jet, How long will you be around? Your track record for hanging around in past games hasn't been the greatest. Should things turn ugly between KGB and TSL will you be there to lead your troops? Or will the remaining officers in your guild be left with the mess you leave them? - Just food for thought, it's fairly early in the game to go poking sticks into anthills.

Jetstar, you or one of you officers can feel free to contact me via the TSL forum if you wish to further discuss this.

Port Wickwire
TSL Triad
The Shadow Legion
www.shadowlegion.net

Well, not the reaction I was expecting.

Lets get the truth out in the opening before I end this conversation.

Quote:

Totally untrue. KGB Paladin Ryu mentioned you were on the server. I never spoke to Mythra but did send others a tell to discuss our stance on this server. There was never a chat with Mythra.

Quote:

Many points here. PVP is PVP, and we dont need anymore allies. I was trying to just make contact with you after Ryu asking me to our of respect from our past alliance. As for the story you heard, you were wrong again. Mablung's group 5 v 1 killed a KGB and then another, but when our group rolled in, there quickly left the scene when the odds were even. Mablun seems to be a real "Tough Guy" when its 5 v 1. As for me attacking him after the res kill 1 vs 5, come on, I am old but not stupid. I did not even resurrect until my group arrived.

Quote:

or..

or..

I would like to add a fourth and a fifth option, lets decide this on the battlefield. It seems you cant be embarrassed by the honorless tactics of your membership, so I will be embarrassed for you. In my mind and the minds of my membership, this is unsportsmanlike and cheap. It proves nothing but the true content of a guilds character. That character is flawed.

Just so you know, I will never retract the truth, and I have been at the helm of KGB for 11 years, and I don't plan on stepping down anytime soon. KGB has developed a multi-tier leadership system that is designed not to burn out it's leaders. I have not been active in every game, but I assure you I am here for the long haul.

The fifth option would be to have your member publicly admit his poor sportsmanship and offer me a personal apology.

You and your membership can always contact me here at the KGB Oracle or in game.

Good Day to you.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
K
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
K
Quote:

Hey Port.

I dont know if you remember the relationship KGB and TSL had in the past, but considering the fact that I know Mythra's bra size, I'd say our guilds were pretty close back in the day(Shadowbane) and if TSL were to ever attack me, I would be definately be surprised as well.

Nice way to illustrate past alliances between our guilds with such class and grace. Mythra put alot of time and effort into those past alliances. She should have earned a bit more respect from you after all these years.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Someone who deserves respect would refrain from going to a guilds forums and insult their Guildleader and continue such childish actions. Does that show your guilds determination and resolve?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

Quote:

Hey Port.

Nice way to illustrate past alliances between our guilds with such class and grace. Mythra put alot of time and effort into those past alliances. She should have earned a bit more respect from you after all these years.

Maybe we should have taken a lesson from Mablung and Rez camped her? Interesting you talk about deserving respect after how I was treated.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Quote:

Quote:

Hey Port.

I'm sorry Kaz, I didn't know I was stepping on another mans territory

Send my love to Mythra will ya.

P
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
P
Wow Binbs, really? I guess the "Honerable good guys" show their true colors after all. How about you take a second and think about the person behind the keyboard. How do you think that makes her feel?
Nice, real nice... Way to back his play too, Oh 'Great High King' sheesh.

Details of who talked to who doesn't matter. The point was, there was no alliance, therefor Mablung was sticking to our guild polocy of "kill it if it moves" There's nothing for him to apologize about.

Fact is, one of the reasons we didn't accept your offer of an alliance is your size. You have over 100 members? True? Why would we want to limit ourselves on who we can fight with?

Mablung said they were waiting on their 6th, and that you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nothing personal, I see no need to make so much drama out of it Jackal, I mean Jetstar.

We could escalate this to a full on war, you could bring your mass recruited 100, plus the rest of your alliance... I could bring my 12 good friends. Boy oh boy wouldn't that prove something??

Or, we (TSL) could simply treat it as we view it... KGB is unimportant and not realy worth the effort. We'll kill ya when we see ya. Not overly interested in hunting you all down though.

If ya wanna play, we'll see ya in game. Again, it's nothing personal, we're just palying and having a good time together. If you or your readers need more drama then what you've already stirred up, feel free to go here. http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/

Lets try to keep it real though ok? Personal attacks aren't needed. I would hope you and your members, especialy ones that call themselves Palidins could be a bit more mature.

See ya on the field,

Port Wickwire
TSL Triad
The Shadow Legion
www.shadowlegion.net

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard