KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,039 Trump card
1,339,747 Picture Thread
478,311 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Daye, instead of telling them how much they can sell it for - which in the end will cause shortages, why not just elimate all the taxes on it?

Could cut a big chunk out of gas costs if it wasnt taxed to heavily. Artificial price limits do nothing but cause problems and shortages.

What would happen, is costs for everything would go up even more, because goods couldnt be transported, people would do and buy less because they had to save gas just to get to work, and black market sales would thrive while the oil companies cut back on investment, R&D, exploration, etc

It would end up being a disaster.

That and, it violates the principle of private property rights. We need to remember we dont have a "right" to their oil. We do however, have a right to elect people who would stop taxing and regulating us to death, and printing trillions of dollars to fight useless wars and pay people to
spy on us.

One path leads to prosperity, one path leads to further economic depression combined with an ever more overbearing govt.

Missing in Action - October 2021
Well yeah, that'd eventually be the result of no subsidies, but for a while before the majority of the smaller farmers would be kicked out of their farms by the banks to whom they owe mortgage payments, the prices would rocket to the floor because of the insane supply that would occur if the government weren't paying them not to grow food.

And gas won't reach a price that will force people to stop driving. It's an inelastic product, look at Europe, like you said they pay around four times what we do and are still driving as much as in the U.S. Sure, they use Diesel because it's dirt cheap over there and mileage is far better, or they drive scooters or whatever they can, but regardless, you just can't make a living without a car.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Not talking food, though talking food subsidies is an interesting, and complex topic. Theres a little more to it than getting cheap bread due to subsidies, the econo-mechanics
of it are fairly complex.

For now lets focus on oil, though if someone wanted to make an alternate thread discussing general and/or food subsidies id love to take part, I find it an interesting topic.

Back on Oil though, something worth mentioning is domestic drilling in Alaska, and other places that got blocked by the left-wing enviromentalist types is also largely to blame.

I wonder if people will change their minds when gas hits 5$/gallon.

Man, tell me about domestic drilling. My girlfriend is a finance major, one of her classes (maybe business economics or something like that) was speaking about domestic drilling the other day. Apparently just one well has access to enough oil to provide for the entire U.S. for five years. That's one well, that's not even talking about what the rest of the state has to offer. And eco-freaks get all worried about what a disruption to the environment the pipes would be, but honestly, if you see the pictures of the pipelines you can barely even notice them. I thought they'd be like 10 feet in diameter spanning all of Alaska, the pipes are like two feet in diameter, the caribou would never think twice about them.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If you eliminated the taxes completely ( both Federal and
State ) you would shave about forty cents off the end price.

While it would be a fast and easy temporary fix, it would
be exactly that. Temporary.

If we don't do something ( and soon ) about the falling
dollar, gas will be the least of our worries

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Ok whats your point. An American company is making a profit. I know big oil is an evil empire trying to take over the world.

I dont get why people get made at oil companies making a profit, its what companies do. Do you get mad when other companies make profits.

1. I get fucking PISSED every time I go to the gas station - which is 2-3 times a week. On average I am spending 70$ PER WEEK so that they can get their God Damned Profit. NO, I'm not driving a gas guzzler, but to get to one of the few jobs I could find in this area for me, I have to drive 50 minutes ONE WAY to work every day. Lastly, if I do not buy gas so I can drive to work, I won't get paid.

2. NO, I do not get mad when NEWEGG or DELL or most other companies make a profit off me, because it only happens once every 2-4 years. That goes for most other things. Even grocery prices going up isn't pissing me off - I can still pay $45 for protein powder that will last me 2.5 months or roughly 90 meals!!!

However, None of that compares to what gas prices are doing to my income OR the rest of the economy. I am paying more than DOUBLE what I used to pay for gas 5 years ago, PER gallon. That's absolute insanity. For poor people like me, that totally sucks. I can't just choose not to go to Best Buy and instead go to newegg.com to save money like I can for computer parts. There's little alternative and I really cannot afford a hybrid. Gas prices are affecting EVERYTHING and in a NEGATIVE way. And not just in a small way, it's huge. How can you NOT get pissed about that?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
some links to state gas taxes these do not include city, county,wholesale, eviromental tax. With those added in some states pay over 60 cents in tax. Also some states tax rate is a % not a flat rate so as prices rise,well you know.

http://www.nebraskagasprices.com/tax_info.aspx

I was suprised to find my state one of the highest.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f336/Helemoto/flinstone.jpg

This car is alittle old but the gas mileage is great.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I live in Wisconsin - even WORSE than Nebraska. Can't wait to be in Texas...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Band 1
Band 1
Quote:

And eco-freaks get all worried about what a disruption to the environment the pipes would be, but honestly, if you see the pictures of the pipelines you can barely even notice them.

That's not to mention that Alaska has about the same area as half the contintal U.S. If they are Drilling Oil in Wyoming it has absolutely no effect on the wild life and eco-system in Arizona...

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard