KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,045 Trump card
1,342,311 Picture Thread
480,372 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
V
Here's the thing. If your tagged by a guild like say MC we know who you are , we not going to attack you. If your not, it is a pvp game.
I can think of very few who are gonna stop and listen to you yelling we are friends. Was to much of a hassel in Vanguard.

And it lead to alot of our deaths. And i hope we are not going into AoC like that.

Saying dont kill unless they attack you isnt going going to work. Eighter your going to be aggressive or your going to be dead. And if they are going with full loot like they have planned atm, im a firm beliver in shoot first, shoot again, kick them to make sure they are dead. Then might ask questions.

Last edited by Vipir; 12/13/07 07:27 AM.

I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would seek to damage me.
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
KGB policy will be to identify Allied guilds and get them on our list. Early on, our Foreign Ministers and Diplomats will attempt to form relationships. We will not run around RPKing per say, but we plan to identify an area of the map and defend it. Any non-allies would be subject to shoot first, ask questions later in our declared territory.

This is still being discussed, but it is how I see it at this early stage.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
EGGactly, Whatever happend to the KGB of Old that safe guarded people from such things? Has gaming changed that much, as to turn all guilds overly defensive and antagonistic?

Last edited by Drakiis; 12/13/07 01:54 PM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

EGGactly, Whatever happend to the KGB of Old that safe guarded people from such things? Has gaming changed that much, as to turn all guilds overly defensive and antagonistic?

Well thats a problem. I dont want to abandon the ideals of old, but we have to approach it differently. We have to use our resources to identify our friends and those that we will protect. Waiting to be attacked first is a lose lose situation.

I can assure you that we will be targeting best of the worst, but before that can happen, we have to establish a home base and be able to defend it.

Based on our reputation, we end up on the defensive much of the time, and I expect AOC to be the same thing. Somehow it has become cool, or some kind of idiot status symbol to fight KGB.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
KGB HeroEngine Development Project Leader
KGB Knight
KGB HeroEngine Development Project Leader
what I meant was that I looked forward to trying to figure this game out with KGB in open beta. I wasnt really talking about the PVP part of the game yet bc I just dont know enough about it yet.

Normaly in every beta I try to figure the game out first and then try pvp later.

Missing in Action - October 2021
It was when PVP turned away from the red vs blue scenario and (at least on FFA and PVP servers for most games, and SB all around) the repercussions of being an RPK were thrown out the window that PVP began to approach a system similar to real-world conflict. There are no longer heroes and villains, only those who are honorable and those who are dishonorable, and the latter tends to outnumber the former. I think we're best off being loyal to ourselves and what we've promised our members (ie. a stomping ground, support, and protection) than to rely upon a difficult to follow (at best) set of guidelines for when to kill and when to allow our enemies the first strike, all the while keeping away from the role of 'griefer'. I suppose it will be easier to disect once we're actually in the game, but with a full loot system like old school UO it isn't such an issue to kill someone and then leave their loot for them to come back for, unless they're a sworn enemy who we're actually trying to hinder.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
Missing
Missing
Wenig and myself will be at your service.!!

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
We play at somewhat of a disadvantage right off the bat
considering our ruleset. Whereas the ' kill everything that
moves ' guilds simply open fire on anyone that isn't their
own, we actually have to take a few precious seconds to
determine if the person we are facing are friend or foe.

Those few seconds will usually get you killed as most of
these games tend to favor the ones who shoot first. . . .

I got a good laugh from Vipir's strategy

" And if they are going with full loot like they have
planned atm, im a firm beliver in shoot first, shoot
again, kick them to make sure they are dead "

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

It was when PVP turned away from the red vs blue scenario and (at least on FFA and PVP servers for most games, and SB all around) the repercussions of being an RPK were thrown out the window that PVP began to approach a system similar to real-world conflict. There are no longer heroes and villains, only those who are honorable and those who are dishonorable, and the latter tends to outnumber the former. I think we're best off being loyal to ourselves and what we've promised our members (ie. a stomping ground, support, and protection) than to rely upon a difficult to follow (at best) set of guidelines for when to kill and when to allow our enemies the first strike, all the while keeping away from the role of 'griefer'. I suppose it will be easier to disect once we're actually in the game, but with a full loot system like old school UO it isn't such an issue to kill someone and then leave their loot for them to come back for, unless they're a sworn enemy who we're actually trying to hinder.

As with all things I suppose it boils down to being conditional, with each situation being individually graded on threat level, which is completely understandable. These days one can't be too careless. Even so, man it would be quite a sight to see the KGB of old saving the people as I remember them doing in UO Siege Perilous. That's what always made you guys awesome in my book and the theme I will always see when I envision this guild

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Quote:

As with all things I suppose it boils down to being conditional, with each situation being individually graded on threat level, which is completely understandable. These days one can't be too careless. Even so, man it would be quite a sight to see the KGB of old saving the people as I remember them doing in UO Siege Perilous. That's what always made you guys awesome in my book and the theme I will always see when I envision this guild

There's no one left to save - the defensive nature of PVP in the past few generations of MMOs has forced people to find a guild to play with ASAP. When I think about how hard it is for us, the long-standing "good guys," to still play the role of "good guys" it is no surprise that a majority of the guilds out there are kill first, then maybe ask questions later. I think it would take a mighty, pre-release collaboration with other guilds to organize a single server where we would enforce treaties with artificial rules to govern who was "good" and who was "bad" and force any new guilds joining the server to sign on or be destroyed immediately. I personally think it's a decent idea, however juvenile to the PVP scene as it may seem.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard