KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Drakiis #23992 12/04/07 05:04 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Usually associated with sociopathy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Drakiis #23993 12/04/07 11:32 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

apathy pure and simple...

Apathy and leadership go hand in hand. I mean after all we all have lives. You can dedicate 3 to 6 months at best as a responsibile adult to being on the 5 to 8 hours a day it takes to run a successful organization. Hence the reason for the faction system. This allows for power sharing and you to serve shifts in leadership. Keeping the leadership strong, active, and most importantly carrying the respect and approval of the membership is key to any organizations success.

In case you havent read it. Here are the most recent key elements of the KGB Articles of Confederation:

Quote:

The KGB Articles of Confederation

Section 1:
The KGB citizenship is involved in many online game worlds. KGB Citizenship entitles you to take part in any game world that KGB is involved in. When KGB's involvement grows, the High King/High Queen may declare that game world a "Faction". A faction will be assigned a leadership team. This leadership rank applies to the assigned faction only. All member are invited to take part in the faction and follow the leadership assigned.

The following represents the chain of command listing command ranks only:

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GM5 - High King/High Queen
- GM4 - Prime Ministers
- - GM3 - Chief of Staff
** The rank of Chief of Staff is not defined in the Constitution. The Chief of Staff carries out day to day operations in service to the Federal faction. They carry the authority of the High King/High Queen but may only act in their service and not independently.

FACTION LEADERSHIP
- - - GM2/F5 - High Chancellor
- - - - F4 - Chancellor
- - - - - F3 - Vice Chancellor
- - - - - - F2 / G5 - 5 Star General

Section 2:
FACTION LEADERSHIP POSITION AND STRUCTURE
Clause 1: The rank of High Chancellor is essentially the Guildmaster of KGB in a specific gaming world or game server. The High Chancellor once selected, would form his own government and be responsible for the day to day operation of our presence on his/her specific gaming world or server.
Clause 2: The ranks of Chancellor and Vice Chancellor are chosen by the High Chancellor and serve the same term. These offices are second and third in command and support the High Chancellor in the day to day operation of our presence on his/her specific gaming world or server.
Clause 3: The G5 - 5 Star General focuses on military organization and tactics without the burden of administrative duties. They report directly to the Chancellors.
Clause 4: All Faction governments report to the KGB Federal government and ultimately to the KGB Constitution.
Clause 5: Faction authority applies to the specific assigned faction only. Officers may visit and be involved in other factions, but do not carry cross faction authority.

Section 3:
POWERS
Clause 1: The High Chancellor shall have the following powers:
Clause 2: To fill all Vacancies that may happen within their faction
Clause 3: To remove a member or officer of KGB from their factions stone/roster/TS/Vent immediately at any time.
**In such a case, it should then go IMMEDIATELY to the Court and the Senate , and the faction leadership should be REQUIRED to submit an incident report to Court/Senate/HK/Someone explaining why it was necessary, what charges they wish to bring, etc.
Clause 4: To establish special rules of Membership, and uniform rules of engagement for their specific faction (with the advice and review of the High King/High Queen);
Clause 5: To declare War, grant Letters of Marquee and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water within their specific;
Clause 6: To make all Faction specific decisions in support of day to day operation of KGB's presence in a specific world or server.

Section 4:
FACTION CREATION AND MAINTAINING OFFICE
Clause 1:The High King/High Queen shall appoint the High Chancellor of a newly formed faction
Clause 2: The appointed High Chancellor will have 7 days to appoint the other key positions in his or her faction. A High Chancellor would need to appoint a Chancellor and a Vice Chancellor, as well as a Commanding General (G5). Failure to complete this duty would result in the required resignation of the High Chancellor and the process would begin again.
Clause 3: Every 60 days, the High King/High Queen, with the support of Federal Officers, would hold a vote of confidence (1st of every other month). Citizens involved in a specific faction would be required to vote for or against confidence in the current Faction leadership. A Citizen should not vote regarding factions they are NOT involved in. Majority rules. If the current High Chancellor is approved by the membership, then they and their cabinet would remain in office, if voted against, the High King/High Queen would appoint a new High Chancellor.
Clause 4: Any full member of any faction may call for an election at anytime. This is accomplished by making a petition that at least 50% of the active membership of the said faction signs. At that time, the High King/High Queen would hold an election within 10 days of the submission of such a petition.
Clause 5: Elections will be administered by the Prime Ministers under the supervision of the High King/High Queen, and Prime Ministers. Elections will occur on the 1st of every other month.

Section 5:
HOLDING YOUR GOVERNMENT OFFICE OR MILITARY RANK
The key to this new government is being ACTIVE. Your Nobility / Status title is permanent, but in order to hold a Military Position or Government Office you MUST be ACTIVE. ACTIVE means playing the game that the Faction you hold office in on a regular basis, and completing all the tasks required by that office. You can only hold office in ONE FACTION at a time. Your noble title stays with you where ever you go, but to hold office in two factions would be counter productive. If you find yourself losing interest in a game you hold office in, plan on resigning and letting someone who is ACTIVE take over. All Factions DEPEND on the involvement of their Officers, if you hold a position, stay committed or do your Nation a favor and step aside. If you remain in office when you are inactive, you will be asked to step down. REMEMBER YOU ALWAYS KEEP YOUR NOBLE TITLE AND STATUS! Know the difference.

I think it is a MASTERPIECE.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #23994 12/04/07 07:34 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I agree whole heartedly

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #23995 12/05/07 05:13 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I kill stuff that is my job to protect jetstar noone else. Just like in vegas i tried to protect jet from the paper sack but i was unsuccessful. Rofl

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Heidi #23996 12/06/07 01:49 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
DAOC...

fun in emain, fights at the alb gate, 3 way battles, taking an hour long journey 'in to the hib scrub zone, the 50 man noob army that amassed to take out syev, julio, and me only to get shot down in seconds, always waiting for raks, ramirez, and the alb scout (cant remember his name) to make the mistake of popin outta stealth first.

the personal favorite... hood focus fire!

Daye #23997 12/10/07 11:33 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Quote:

Still, you gotta admit it was one of the best damn times
ever in a game. Hands down. I surely give credit where it
is due. CoS helped make the server what it was.

I nearly cheered when I ran into em on Treachery's final
night. Was just nice to see em all back under a unified
flag.

Looking forward to running into em again

Unfortunately you will never run into CoS again in another game. CoS was a group of 5 guilds that joined together specifically for the game of Shadow bane. Once we quit playing that game there was nothing left to hold the guilds
together.

I would not be suprised if you see some of them in other games but the grouping that enjoyed the fights with KGB in Shadow Bane will never be together again.

HeRog

HeRog #23998 12/11/07 09:43 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Shame really, together you all made things a lot of fun

Would love to see something similar to it happen for Conan
or Warhammer or whatever it is we all end up playing. It's
one thing to just play on the server with random guilds, it's
something else entirely when you have masses of folks
who all know how to play as one big entity.

-Daye

Daye #23999 12/12/07 10:57 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Some of the guilds, CQ, Iron Circle or ES will certainly play in all of those games but I do not think they are large enough to be a force that is noticable. I beleive PRX has the best chance to be known and to offer you guys the kinds of fights we all look forward to.

HeRog

HeRog #24000 12/13/07 06:53 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
This is what PRX thought of those days...
Quote:

Shadowbane

DAoC was the first game to keep score and we proved to be the best in gaming. Shadowbane took this one step further, and now your entire city and way of life would be at stake. It was time to get it on in the most hardcore pvp game ever and when the fighting stopped on two servers, we were the driving PvP force behind the most dominant nation in SB history, the Covenant of Swords.

We began in beta with about 6 accounts at a time when roughly 80% of the beta population was in a PK alliance called "The Burning Legion" and the other 20% were good at being their victims. We became victims ourselves when our first city, "Hartford" was destroyed in an 8 hour battle (6 accounts vs 80% of the server) vs the Legion. It was our last city ever to fall for the entirety of our time in Shadowbane (2 years).

At this point we joined forced with the "lovable losers" of CoS, the Covenant of Swords. Together we took on the Burning Legion and their allies in subsequent beta builds. At first, our victories were just surviving, being able to beat them back from siege after siege and keep our cities intact. As Beta wore on and we got more accounts and the world population grew, we were able to take this defensive posture and turn offensive, burning and baning many of the Burning Legion cities, along with fighting another large PK nation, DHL, who was now our enemy. At the end of beta, CoS, of which we were the most aggressive combat force, was the best.

At final, we went to Treachery as part of CoS. In a nutshell, we turned that server into a ghost town. Our first world war was with Redemption, led by Kirel Redhand, and KGB. Both of our nations had roughly the same population (based on server and account statistics) and within short order we crushed them and took over their land.

Our second world war was against Combine, KGB and their nation, Combination. Their nation had a population of 2400 compared to our 2000 (a 20% advantage) and they filled the forums with endless shittalk about "flattening us like pancakes". 2.5 days later found all their cities in ruins and Combine quitting as we hit them like a ton of bricks and showed them who makes the best breakfast.

Our third world war was against some traitors from CoS and KGB, and the entire rest of the server who was tired of choosing the wrong side and attempted to destroy us once and for all. They had 3200 members to our 1600 (2 to 1) and yet in a week of heavy war, we had destroyed close to 20 of their cities and they fell apart. Battles of 250 v 250 or 200 v 300 were commonplace. After this third world war, the server's population plummeted.

During all three of these world wars, spanning months of gaming, our city, Wainwright, was only breached for a TOTAL of 20 minutes. All other attacks were crushed.

With almost noone to fight, we played other games for a while until it was time for Corruption. This new Shadowbane server was to bring the best of the best from all servers to fight it out and see who was the big dog. Again, we showed, as part of CoS, that we were. Ironic that R30s, the old Buring Legion (led by SiN), did not come as themselves since they had just been banned en masse for duping on their old server, Scorn.

As CoS, allied with Defenders of Honor, we soon found ourselves in a world war vs Facultus Ultrimque, Scorned Death (Stargod led group of the game's most notorious dupers, hackers, and all around punks), and DHL. The numbers were even and the battle was long and hard. PRX was always leading the way, eventually cracking their defenses by destroying FU's city, and in an enormouse climactic battle with over 500 players participating for close to 6 hours, we destroyed Scored Death's fortress to end the war. From here Shadowbane lost it's appeal as Corruption became a ghost town from the shittalkers quitting in defeat and we moved to another game. CoS was the greatest nation in Shadowbane's history and we were a proud part of that as their most potent fighting force.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard