KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Crimthan #23972 11/29/07 06:54 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

Raekwon is a Contractor.

Ah, I was misinformed. In that case, I can return to normal and stop fighting with any feelings of respect I might have had to fake.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Raekwon #23973 11/30/07 11:03 AM
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Quote:

I wouldn't disagree Binbs, Vuldan Ironhand is the biggest moron alive and FUBAR'd our Shadowbane start. With Beta being so underpopulated and boring as sin to play we just let that time go by since other good games were out at the time.
But if the bandwagon was for KGB instead of COS then it was a very small and gimpy bandwagon indeed cause typically the side receiving the support of the bandwagon gets a zerg army that steam rolls others. But we never had superior numbers to CoS during the raids (and its debatable but on average probably true we were out skilled by CoS as well) feel free to add posistive or negetive thoughts on this - im speaking as a 3rd party since Vuldan kept me out of his decision making process or even liked that I wanted to lead raid groups.

I have to disagree with this. Vuldan can be rough around the edges but had it not been for Vuldan KGB would've never even went into SB. Me and him rallied and recruited over 100 recruits and rallied up the current KGB membership to play this game. Everyone had gave up on the beta a long time ago but Vuldan was recently played it towards release and he really got alot of us into it. He and I worked together and we got KGB there. He got some really good people to join that got us to get our first Tree.While Vuldan may not be everyones best friend, we def got our start in SB. Had it not been for him we may have not bothered and just waited it out for Wow. Or joined SB so late in the game we'd of not had any impact whatsoever on the community in Sb.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Vuldan #23974 11/30/07 11:04 AM
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
LOL Vuldan..

Elph #23975 12/01/07 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
out of respect for kgb im going to stay out of the conversation but i would love to jump in with both feet. some things in shadow bane where great and well the first leadership crew wasnt it.

#23976 12/01/07 02:50 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

out of respect for kgb im going to stay out of the conversation but i would love to jump in with both feet. some things in shadow bane where great and well the first leadership crew wasnt it.

The first leadership crew had an almost impossible task. We were faced as noobs to a far larger and superior force. KGB was not used to losing. The leadership of the first round was largely made up of what is CxC now.

Its hard to keep you side motivated when you are faced with hit after hit. I think there was some big rifts that formed at that time. Rifts that still exist today.

I am just glad that we were able to pull it out and make a real showing later. I took a stint one again at direct leadership, but Zorak and Herog foiled my plans. I knew they were hungry for a challenge, and I was trying to negociate a chance to become a threat. I had this deal made, but I think they realized the error of their ways and shot the deal down quickly.

Lots to learn in every experience. I for one am glad. I think you have to learn to lose gracefully before you can win.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #23977 12/01/07 04:02 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It is a GAME after all. (sort of a tangent below)

Yah, people get pissed off if you call the wrong shot here and there; but those taking the orders and giving the orders need to take angry outbursts with a grain of salt (it's healthier to vent rather than hold it in) and move on.

I've noticed in the past 10 years that MMOs (to my chagrin) have become a secondary haven to the same kind of Drama and dysfunction seen in WWE. You can look on the _______ (insert MMO game name here) forums and read about one side shitting on the other, while the receiving end picks up the same stinking shit and slings it back. I think it's better for serious guilds not to participate in such forums at all (except to read them and gain intel on enemies).

I'm a huge proponent to people getting bullshit off their chests, but I'd prefer it directly over a vent channel, wait a moment to cool down, and move on. But that's not what happens. X party usually says nothing at the moment, but the second that Y person leaves the chat or game for the day, people begin backstabbing and you-name-it. It also happens in KGB now, and I don't know WTF that is ( I think there are probably at least 3-4 mini-factions in KGB from what I've witness in past 2.5 years). I'd much rather see people confront the person mono y mono than make a huge drama fest out of everything; then move on and work as a team.

You see, the issues brought up in the last few posts occur because Factions form within the guilds. Sure, you may prefer to game with X person rather than Y, but in the long-run, we're supposed to be able to count on one another to kick some ass. Basically, I prefer thick-skin and confrontational over thin-skinned with a subtle stab in the back later.

[Linked Image]

Crimthan #23978 12/01/07 07:49 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Never hold a grudge folks.

Doesn't do any good, and you'll feel better in the long run

I'll happily play by anyone I may have played with in the
past, friend and foe alike.

Daye #23979 12/01/07 09:22 PM
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
wise words daye! very wise words. I feel the same way. There are just a few who I've met since I've been a gamer that I can definitly do without but it's not because of gaming which makes those undesirable.

Elph #23980 12/02/07 05:53 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
people like me! So it was YOU who gave me the 1 star for saying I wanted to get the new Playboy with AOC in it!!

[Linked Image]

Crimthan #23981 12/02/07 10:04 AM
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
100% agree with Daye. Sometimes we get too engulfed with what goes in in games. I too was like that back in the day of UO when I had first started.

Meeting people in real life who you've played with in game kinda puts things in perspective and you realize that everyone plays for the same goal really.. To have fun.

If I ever picked up another game I would love for the CXC boys to come play with us. I always wanted to play with the CXC guys. They joined KGB in DAOC which I never played so I feel that I kinda missed a big part of KGB history.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard