KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,037,492 Trump card
1,342,623 Picture Thread
481,244 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Raekwon Offline OP
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
Hot damn, finally an update and it's one full of info-bits!

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=36923

To the vets out there this update tells alot that we've been wondering for awhile. Such as town guards, he tells us here that the guards will be whatever race that controls the region you build in. If you're a human guild that builds in Ork lands then you get Ork guards, the guards wont attack your human guildmates though however they're saying currently they will attack other humans not part of your guild... that would suck; hopefully it'll be changed in beta. That or allow us the choice of what type of guards we have.

They talk about the Alfar revamp. Another reason why beta was pushed back obviously, but good to hear it has been approved, the new Alfar city sounds awesome, can't wait to see the massive waterfalls and spiderweb filled mushroom caverns!

Flying mobs and underwater mobs, sounds cool. Hopefully underwater fighting doesn't cause a headache like it does in WoW otherwise they'll blow 3 months creating great underwater spawns and quests only to find no one doing them.

He mentions a big upgrade to terrain... the land looked pretty nice already but he's saying it's lots better now. Hrmmm, equal to AoC now? We'll see... maybe next up some pics of new lands or even a video finally!

Also mentioned, guild management tools. DF is really, I think, going to turn our current web boards into a ghost town (as far as the DF faction is concerned.) If all goes as planned DF will have in-game: guild message boards, guild vault, voice program, stats page, profile look up, world map with what guilds own what, personal logs attached to our character profile (think Ultima Online's little leather bound book that was next to our pic that we could type in and either role play our char's life in or just write l33t speak shit in.) and all that other stuff I can't think of right now... Hell if they allowed players to transfer videos and songs to eachother using some ingame system... LOL many would never need to log out of game

(example: Hey great quest tonight guys, good night everyone! I'm gonna sit my char in the KBR Inn and leave him locked in a room all night because i'm downloading a video from a friend in one of our subguilds. Our reply to him: Hey thanks jackass, it's players like you sitting idle all night downloading shit in game that causes the game to be laggy even during "off peak times".)

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Wow, I'm glad to see they are finally releaseing some useful information again and I hope a lot of questions can finally be answered. Im printing the long thing now so I can read it over on the train home tonight.

Thanks for posting this Raekwon, I think a lot of people have stopped checking up on the game as they are becoming disheartened.

Hopefully, this new bit of information will get everyones gears moving again.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Raekwon Offline OP
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
They've updated their website again, wonder around their "Features" section...

Here's a bit of it that just now caught my attention...
Quote:

You can enjoy easy communication with your friends, even while outside the game. Darkfall’s Communication interface includes in-game message and trade boards, an IRC-style chat system, instant messaging, voice support, and even mobile phone SMS messaging.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/features/interact.html

lol god help us, mobile phone SMS messaging on top of in game IRC style chat, IMs, Voice program, and trade boards.

Hall of Fame record
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Quote:

They've updated their website again, wonder around their "Features" section...

Here's a bit of it that just now caught my attention...
Quote:

You can enjoy easy communication with your friends, even while outside the game. Darkfall’s Communication interface includes in-game message and trade boards, an IRC-style chat system, instant messaging, voice support, and even mobile phone SMS messaging.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/features/interact.html

lol god help us, mobile phone SMS messaging on top of in game IRC style chat, IMs, Voice program, and trade boards.

I think they are going a bit overboard with that. They are going to have enough problems and complaints about all their communication systems when the game is released, that how will they be able to handle the really important issues.

Not to mention, SMS messaging to a cell phone is the most ridiculous thing I have seen to enter games in a long time. Yeh, it helps out when you need guildies online for an event or a big fight, however I am sure most people are going to get annoyed when they start getting bombarded by text messages to their cell phone from the game.

Hopefully, they will work on some deal where they harbor the cost for the messaging, otherwise I hope they have a way to turn it off lol.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Missing in Action - October 2021
For real, Cingular charges 10c per message RECIEVED. If someone just begins spamming you to be dicks, there goes your phone bill.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

For real, Cingular charges 10c per message RECIEVED. If someone just begins spamming you to be dicks, there goes your phone bill.

QFT. But I'm sure they'll have a way to turn it off exactly because of this. It'd be way too easy for a distraught PKer to text bomb you.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
yeah. I guess you can just not give DF your # o.o

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
That is kind of over the top for an in-game feature, but it might not be a bad idea to exchange #s just in case someone decides to burn our city down... I know Verizon gets free unlimited txts to other Verizon phones (not sure about Cingular, even though I'm on Cingular -- which is AT&T now, btw).

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
Raekwon Offline OP
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
Like Bib said, just dont give your cell # and the option wont be an... option.

But if they found a way to quickly and easily add the feature in then good for them. Yet another thing that adds to the game for particular people who like that sort of thing.

Hall of Fame record

Link Copied to Clipboard