KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I looked at Gods and Heroes before, but noticed no siege battles or territory was mentioned. Age of Conan is currently tying Darkfall. AOC will have seige battles and there *will* be a FFA PVP server or something very close to it. The fact that it's Rated M for Mature says a lot of Good things about the game for me. Extreme violence, moderate nudity, violent themes, language, perspectives, and alcohol, etc. Remember, it's based on the world of Conan. If you've read the books, then you know any inkling about "PC" is thrown right out the window...and IMO, GOOD. Aside from overt racism, PC in a fantasy game is an oxymoron.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Actually, the Gods and Heroes:Rome Rising looks kind of interesting. The main site is blocked here at work, so I can't tell what character classes, if any, there will be. Is this an all melee/no magic game? If so, like I mentioned in another thread about how cool a game based on 300 era Greece would be, this would be the next best thing.

I have to read up on it more when I get home...

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Yap, just like most FPS have people with varying degrees of firepower, but nothing dramatically different than the next; so too, would it be nice to play a game with a variety of melee based classes. Probably be a VERY balanced game as well, just like most FPS games.

[Linked Image]

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Twist we're all still in VG all of these games are in beta phases or not even in beta.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"Gods and Heroes" and "The Cronicles of Spellborn" sound the best to me, although they need to talk more about the PVP aspect of it before I would know for sure.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Elph is looking for the upgraded version of DAoC... and i agree that would indeed be Warhammer online. Realm fighting instead of FFA.

As for myself, I expect AoC to be out in final version 6+ months before Darkfall. Which works perfect, AoC to me seems like it will be an awesome change of pace and great for KGB for atleast 6 months. But I believe AoC will lack the truly long term playability and empire building KGB desires, it has those things but not in the complexity and beauty that Darkfall is expected to have. So as AoC begins to become just another MMO that we keep laying just because... that's when Darkfall will come out and we can move there as a guild and claim our empire.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I hated DAOC. Realm warfare was too linear, the gameplay was subpar IMO, and they totally raped the name of Camelot, King Arthur, etc. Really pissed me off, just like LOTRO is currently doing. Leveling in Daoc was a pain in the ass after 18, unless of course, you did what everyone else did - buy another account and use a buff bot. How lame is that...
On the other hand AOC is staying TRUE to the World of Conan by keeping it a Mature rating and including all the grim warrior themes of the books written by Robert E. Howard back in the 1930s.

I'm in beta of Chronicles of Spellborn. Think WOW graphics but better. Lots of bugs where if you click on some choices, you CTD. I LOVE the fact that you pick your look, abilities, and weapon types/armor from the getgo and your attacks are based on abilities, NOT weapon stats. That makes that game the least itemcentric out of any game I played, and believe it or not - it works. Instead you're relying on the skill of knowing when to use what ability.

Problem with DFO is that I don't think they have a big enough design team to fully realize the scope of their vision. In that regard it wouldn't surprise me if AOC does end up having more all around content and choices in the long run. However, if DFO can live up to the dreams of its designers, it will be the end all be all of a class-less MMO.

S
Band 2
Band 2
S
Here is another promising game that I would be interested in playing:
http://www.unleashthefury.com/announcements.php

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
As I was the only one that voted pirate I will be one till aoc comes out if it doesnt come out first. Stupid beta invites. I will pay for a month for some random game that is usually is when I get the beta invites.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Here is another promising game that I would be interested in playing:
http://www.unleashthefury.com/announcements.php

Yap, good stuff. I made a post about that in the KGB members gaming forums.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard