KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Missing in Action - October 2021
Well it isn't unconstitutional since the constitution doesn't mention parties at all.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
Good call, lol...

So in terms of legality, they are not unconstitutional, but in terms of presence, they are? (lol, just a little play on the prefix, don't take me seriously here! XD)

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
you guys just need to learn how to riot like the french

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Yes, the French have usually been so much better off after their riots...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
FYI there are over 30 political partys in the US only 2 that have any real power.

As for democracy not lasting in its true form.
I can not think of one country that has had a true democracy in history. Let me know if you think of one.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Ok, substitute "true democracy" for "free republic". Focusing on semantics here is rather disingenuous dont you think?

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

Owain, find me some reading that dismisses these articles simply by dismissing them... rightwingnews.com, bah!

The source is irrelevant if the arguments are valid. From your article:
"1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy"
Since we no shit have a serious external enemy, I don't think this is sign of the coming fascist state. If you don't think we have a serious external enemy, Google Sept 11, and rewatch the video of the towers falling. And they want to do that and worse, again.

2. Create a gulag. Prisoner of War camps do not qualify as Gulags - as soon as we start throwing large number of purely political prisoners, US Citizens, let me know. John Walker Lynd and Joseph Padilla don't count, since they actively went over to the other side.

3. Develop a thug caste. I know lefties dislike VP Cheney and Haliburton, but I don't think they qualify. I couldn't find any reference to republican goons in Florida for the 2000 election mentioned in the article, but I did find this. But that's Democrats behaving badly, which doesn't support the argument very well.

4. Set up an internal surveillance system. Crap - the warrentless wiretaps and other measures under beefed up security target communications that originate in other countries, and fall under Article II of the US Constitution outlining the powers of the President as Commander in Chief of the Armed forces.

The rest of the points are just as week, and are well covered in the article I linked.

I think the original article in the Guardian is a blatant violation of Godwin's Law, and was designed to appeal to the "Hate America First" crowd.

I'm sorry to see people slinging this trash in here.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

"1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy"
Since we no shit have a serious external enemy, I don't think this is sign of the coming fascist state. If you don't think we have a serious external enemy, Google Sept 11, and rewatch the video of the towers falling. And they want to do that and worse, again."

I personally dont think becoming a closed society is the answer to preventing terrorism. There is no doubt becoming a police state will make it harder for terrorists to strike, but do you really think that its the answer?

"2. Create a gulag. Prisoner of War camps do not qualify as Gulags - as soon as we start throwing large number of purely political prisoners, US Citizens, let me know. John Walker Lynd and Joseph Padilla don't count, since they actively went over to the other side."

Actually they are NOT prisoners of war, they are "enemy combatants", big big difference when looking at the legal implications. One example of an innocent man being kidnapped and tortured overseas. Links from Time aand other domestic journalism stories available upon request, the Amnesty story was just atop the list after a quick google. Think its only one? What about the lawyer from Seattle, and never NEVER forget that most of the people in Guantanamo have yet to be charged with anything, and never forget that the worst thing about this is the SECRECY involved. Starting with "undesirables" like "Muslims", the govt is getting the American people used to the idea that secretly detaining and torturing people is OK, and trying to lay a future legal framework that will apply when the targets are no longer muslims, but domestic political activists for other causes.

"3. Develop a thug caste. I know lefties dislike VP Cheney and Haliburton, but I don't think they qualify. I couldn't find any reference to republican goons in Florida for the 2000 election mentioned in the article, but I did find this. But that's Democrats behaving badly, which doesn't support the argument very well."

IIRC the article talked about private armies in general, not just Haliburton. I dont think the problem is a party issue either, both parties have problems. Its not a lefty-righty issue, as a matter of fact true conservatives despise over-reaching government. True conservatives would never trade liberty for an illusion of security.

""4. Set up an internal surveillance system. Crap - the warrentless wiretaps and other measures under beefed up security target communications that originate in other countries, and fall under Article II of the US Constitution outlining the powers of the President as Commander in Chief of the Armed forces.

Wow.... so blatantly untrue I dont even know where to begin with this ones, and it basically warrents its own post, which I will make regarding the subject in the not to distant future. Can we say Axciom, SeisInt, Matrix anyone? Can we say NSA STA recording devices on AT&T fiber trunks? Can we say unprecedented use of domestic National Security Letters, complete with lackadaisy records keeping regarding the matter, the FBI was even rebuked by the Inspector General for it.

Origional Articles remaining points just as weak? Come ON Owain, the counters you mentioned/pasted dont even have basic information about the subject, including the President's own stances (see point #2). How on EARTH can you take such a ill-informed, poorly formulated "rebuke" as anything but pure claptrap.

As least grab a rebuke from a source that has the first clue whats going on, or maybe they havent been so ignorant as to ignore the whole point of the President's and DOJ's arguments regarding "enemy combatants" and are intentionally lying to you in hopes you will, lacking proper information, continue to support these dastardly projects.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
You are correct in that they are not prisoners of war. I was being sloppy there. If we were to treat them strictly in accordance with the Geneva Convention, since they do not abide by recognized laws of armed conflict in that they do not wear recognizable uniforms, we would be justified in considering them to be spies and sabateurs, and should summarily have them all shot. Instead, they get a extended stay at Club Gitmo, where they gain weight and live under better conditions than they would at home, at least when they aren't throwing feces at the guards.

But even so, Gitmo is not a gulag, any more than the facilities we had here in Utah during WWII to hold German and Italian prisoners were gulags. But then we had a much higher class of prisoners back then.

You know that when you consider Nazi's and Italian facists to be "not so bad" you must be dealing with some pretty serious vermin.

And so we are.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Ok, substitute "true democracy" for "free republic". Focusing on semantics here is rather disingenuous dont you think?

Or since all the bashing of the ,lets go with Representive Republic,which it is. Its not semantics to state the correct terms. If we are going to talk about the American Constitution getting it right is very important. Lets all take a monment and read the old papers again(slinger)
As for the prisoners in the gulag, They have no rights under US law. They are not Americans. Enemy combatants-prisoners of war I dont care what you call them if they are not americans and the military wants them where they are so be it. Stick a frickin firecracker up his ass if thats what it takes to make him talk. I saw a poll that said 75% of muslims said radical mulsims are bad. So 25% suport them kinda scary when you think about it a bit.
In your sticky the ACLU American Civil Liberty Union I belive is the the right name for them is defending a person that is not American. Lets highlight the American part .

O I know you will say something like they have the same rights we do but they dont. If we fuck up and take the wrong guy they should so something to make it right. But to not try to get the right guys is not a good way to go. We what the guy they thought they had and smash his balls till he converts to Scientology And we have to do it secretly or we will never get anything done. Try and Butch up Mary its a fuckin mean world out there and they will put a bullet in your eye before you can give them your leftist rant about what is right and wrong with the greatest country the world has ever seen or the leftst view that its the worst country the world has ever been made to suffer.
This may sound ranty but I was just made branch manager against my will and I want to spill blood. So instead of going to jail I found you.
Lets see o ya all kids above 8 should learn how to use weapons.
Taxes should only be use for the military.
All current politicians should be sent to Arkansas to live for 30 years and a new bunch elected in.
Rap music sucks(lol music my ass) get over it.
Todays country music is nothing but top 40 crap May Cash and Haggard forgive us.
Rock-n-Roll is getting better again Nickleback worst band ever

DONT FORGET ANYONE CAN TAKE ANYTHING AND MAKE IT LOOK HOW THEY WANT. MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND. READ BETWEEN THE LINES NOT JUST FROM ONE POINT OF VIEW. DONT GET STUCK ON ONE SIDE OF THE ISSUE.

BELIVE NOTHING OF WHAT YOU READ AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT SEE

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard