KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,063,945 Trump card
1,349,957 Picture Thread
484,387 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No surprise here! I think Derid would be an excellent HC and he has definitely been our DF guy thus far =)

/agree with Garal

He's been an obvious choice for a long time. My only reservation is that many months ago I asked him if he'd want to be it and he was unsure about it. The Desire to lead is part of what makes a leader great

Actually, it's the opposite. Those with enough humility to see life through the eyes of their followers, have more empathy for them, and thus, know what it takes to inspire those followers through sincere objectives - all that is required is that they have the potential to lead, not the desire. Those with the burning desire to lead are often selfish and will screw their own followers over to obtain their own objectives. As a Knight, the former is much more preferrable than the latter - take this from a former Active Duty USMC Sergeant that put up with more spoiled Butter-bar Lieutenants than you can shake a stick at. The only good lower-ranking officers I've met were former enlisted that understood the life of a soldier from the ground up.

If Derid is unsure about taking up this position and not stepping on heads to get it - then he IS the perfect person for the job. The only other option I see it is to appoint Rahl.

Wow, Crim, since you were incredibly blunt to say what I just said was completely incorrect, I will not hesitate to return the favor.

You make a good point that a self serving leader is no leader at all, and my original statement said nothing contrary to this either... however, a statement like
"If Derid is unsure about taking up this position... then he IS the perfect person for the job."

Would have to be one of the most blatantly incorrect statements I've heard since Bush saying "Mission complete" for Iraq.

No great leader at any point in history ever had this discussion...
"Come'on Billy lead the army against the barbarians, the city is like gonna be taken over! You're a really great guy, and a super leader you should do it!"
*cheers from other friends*: "Yeah Billy, totally, do it dude! WE believe in you even if you don't!"
Billy: "Aaah gee guys, I just dont really want to lead, the moment I have to stay up an hour later than I usually do because I have to deal with some "team" issues I'm gonna be super pissed..."
Billy's friends: "No way Billy, You Can Do It! Hooray!"

Billy then accepted being general of the roman armies and went on to defeat the Gauls.

You'll have to excuse me, since I went to a Hawaiian highschool, but that historical conversation wasn't in our books.

Having the "potential" for great things is what every drug overdosed teen in America has. A billion times a day kids all over the US are said to have such great potential or to be "really smart". But you know why they all end up working at UPS? Because they Lack the DESIRE, to be something more. Humans are naturally tend toward laziness, if you don't have DESIRE to fuel you beyond this innate characteristic, then you become yet another one of the millions of people with "alot of potential". But sadly Potential doesn't feed the kids and potential doesn't stop your country from being overran by the enemy.

The desire to fight back, the desire to improve, the desire to drag you hairy ass out of bed at fucking 4:30 in the freezing morning hours of the day to get to work on time is what feeds your ungrateful kids that are just chaulk full of "potintial".

When Derid takes his proper place as H.C. for the DF I want him to fucking desire it, like leading this faction is the air he breaths! I want him to wake up in the morning and be like, Fuck going to work, the city in game needs ALOT of upgrades and I need to organize which buildings get it first and where the NPCs will be located. He NEEDS TO DESIRE IT like if it was a real life responsibility, that people's lives depend on him, their homes and farms (DF is supposed to have farms at some point) When he's eating his cheerios at breakfast I want him tasting the conquest he's about to help lead in Darkfall, it needs to be a taste he loves a taste he can't do without, an addiction that he thinks about all day, he must Desire it like the lucky score after a prom date.

There is not a single self-made successful person in this world who got that way because he had all the potential in the world... they had potential that they turned into success through the effort that desire produces. You must have that catalyst to move to a higher plane or else you're just a fat lazy body of Potential energy sitting in place wasting time and space.

Why are you so defensive about this? People disagree about things all the time. This argument I'm making is simply very founded through my military experience.

Your analogy, although funny, is again incorrect. It should read: "Derid hasn't been foaming at the mouth and knocking over heads to get this leadership position; therefore, we at least know that he hasn't given anyone a reason not to promote him. This may even be an indicator, although not a positive one, that he may have the constraint to see the forest for the trees, and understand those working with and beneath his station."

Now if Derid had been foaming at the mouth for this position, I would be hesitant to regard him DUE to my solid experience dealing with poor leadership via officers in the USMC. Every single one that I met with this "Burning desire to lead" has fucked over his troops over and over again while sucking up to superior rank to get what he wanted. All three officers of whom I knew in the Marines that pulled this shit were relieved of duty. Period.

All this other nonsense about potheads with potential in highschool or what-have-you, really has nothing to do with the leadership, or lack-there-of, that I'm talking about. Comparing officers with/without military leadership to druggies in high school is like comparing rifles to...bongs.

Sorry that this may have offended you, although that wasn't the intent. I just know quite a lot about this particular subject, and I wasn't about to let it slide by.

Anyway, Derid has been working hard on organizing things for Darkfall online, without tooting his own horn or asking for much in return. Can't see why he shouldn't be "The Man" for this faction - If I'm wrong in this, please correct me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Oooh i want a rifle bong.....

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
DFO is vaporware anyway WoW will be the next big game for the next two years

i am all for hooking up with combine too, just my two cents

Last edited by Seaelf; 12/05/06 03:18 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm not worried in any case. If DFO doesn't make it, AOC will be there, and looks to be the next best thing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

DFO is vaporware anyway WoW will be the next big game for the next two years

i am all for hooking up with combine too, just my two cents

How in the world can you talk crap about Darkfall and then IN THE SAME SENTENCE say something good about WoW? I suspect we will see no more posts from Seaelf in the future as he has probably already been smited =\

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

Quote:

I want to get this going before beta starts as I need to start working on the UGC / PGC idea. If we can collect some like minded veteran organizations, I really feel we could be a force in DF.

Jet, try to get in contact with Deyth of Combine, http://www.the-combine.com/vbulletin . Months back I proposed to our senate joining the private group he runs on his website which is comprised of all the top guilds, according to him, I haven't seen a user list for it yet. He is happy to give us an invite to his group.

Yeah yeah, I know, before anyone replies with, "Oh he'll invite US to HIS group, oh how honoured we are!" I dont see it like this though, he's already done some of the footwork of bringing established/known MMO guilds together so why not make use of this? Like I requested months ago, lets get a representative in there so that we at least know what server the big boys will be on. One of the largest challenges for me as HC back in WoW was picking which server. After a shit load of personal emails and message board trolling I picked Archimonde because as you saw, it was and will always be known as the server that had the real PvP guilds on it. But the coordination process can be made much easier if we join multi-guild groups like this one for discussion purposes.

God I cant stand their forums! I registered and am waiting for the EMAIL. It is almost too ugly to read.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

Thanks to those with words of support.

Its not resisting the position as such, I simply like planning and preparing for these kinds of things. Plus Syev's picture is scary ^_^

I plan on accepting at this point, as soon as I see Jet in Vent to discuss it with him. It looks like I will have the RL time to do it properly, unless something changes. It is excellent that KGB is starting to get this faction officially moving.

Heres to a successfull KGB launch in DFO

Rock on! I'm glad you accepted the position.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks to those with words of support.

Its not resisting the position as such, I simply like planning and preparing for these kinds of things. Plus Syev's picture is scary ^_^

I plan on accepting at this point, as soon as I see Jet in Vent to discuss it with him. It looks like I will have the RL time to do it properly, unless something changes. It is excellent that KGB is starting to get this faction officially moving.

Heres to a successfull KGB launch in DFO

Rock on! I'm glad you accepted the position.

Derid, I will hop into Vent tonight to talk to you.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

\ Heres to a successfull KGB launch in DFO

Here's to a successful launch of DFO ... period!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB Paladin
KGB Oracle Administrator
KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB Paladin
KGB Oracle Administrator
JET AM I GONNA HAVE TO BUY YOU A WATCH FOR X-MAS!...
One with an alarm that rings like the below song....

<music>

Said the syev boy to the mighty king
"Do you know what I know?
In your palace warm, mighty king
Do you know what I know?
A plan, a plan that hides within the guild
Let us use hax from syev and make an uber build!
Let us use hax from syev and make an uber build."

Said the king to the people everywhere
"Listen to what syev says
Pray for pwnage, people, everywhere
Listen to what he says
The paladin, the paladin gaming throughout the night
He will bring us goodness and light
He will bring us goodness and light."

</music>

No seriously, hyd, derid and i, waited for you to show up and ya never did. whats the problem?

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard