KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Brutal
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,053,657 Trump card
1,347,364 Picture Thread
483,176 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Rolf Owain that made me lol ;p

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB Paladin
KGB Oracle Administrator
KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB Paladin
KGB Oracle Administrator

The next day after Derid accepts the leadership position.

Oh I'm just teasing... maybe...

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Rolf Owain that made me lol ;p

Rolling On Laughing Floor?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Im sure Derid has his reasons for resisting this position. But if he chooses to accept it im sure he is the right guy for the job.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

/edit: Rofl, Rahl.

Those two.... definitely make a pair!

I think you would be great Derid!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Thanks to those with words of support.

Its not resisting the position as such, I simply like planning and preparing for these kinds of things. Plus Syev's picture is scary ^_^

I plan on accepting at this point, as soon as I see Jet in Vent to discuss it with him. It looks like I will have the RL time to do it properly, unless something changes. It is excellent that KGB is starting to get this faction officially moving.

Heres to a successfull KGB launch in DFO

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Derid for life !

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No surprise here! I think Derid would be an excellent HC and he has definitely been our DF guy thus far =)

/agree with Garal

He's been an obvious choice for a long time. My only reservation is that many months ago I asked him if he'd want to be it and he was unsure about it. The Desire to lead is part of what makes a leader great

Actually, it's the opposite. Those with enough humility to see life through the eyes of their followers, have more empathy for them, and thus, know what it takes to inspire those followers through sincere objectives - all that is required is that they have the potential to lead, not the desire. Those with the burning desire to lead are often selfish and will screw their own followers over to obtain their own objectives. As a Knight, the former is much more preferrable than the latter - take this from a former Active Duty USMC Sergeant that put up with more spoiled Butter-bar Lieutenants than you can shake a stick at. The only good lower-ranking officers I've met were former enlisted that understood the life of a soldier from the ground up.

If Derid is unsure about taking up this position and not stepping on heads to get it - then he IS the perfect person for the job. The only other option I see it is to appoint Rahl.

Wow, Crim, since you were incredibly blunt to say what I just said was completely incorrect, I will not hesitate to return the favor.

You make a good point that a self serving leader is no leader at all, and my original statement said nothing contrary to this either... however, a statement like
"If Derid is unsure about taking up this position... then he IS the perfect person for the job."

Would have to be one of the most blatantly incorrect statements I've heard since Bush saying "Mission complete" for Iraq.

No great leader at any point in history ever had this discussion...
"Come'on Billy lead the army against the barbarians, the city is like gonna be taken over! You're a really great guy, and a super leader you should do it!"
*cheers from other friends*: "Yeah Billy, totally, do it dude! WE believe in you even if you don't!"
Billy: "Aaah gee guys, I just dont really want to lead, the moment I have to stay up an hour later than I usually do because I have to deal with some "team" issues I'm gonna be super pissed..."
Billy's friends: "No way Billy, You Can Do It! Hooray!"

Billy then accepted being general of the roman armies and went on to defeat the Gauls.

You'll have to excuse me, since I went to a Hawaiian highschool, but that historical conversation wasn't in our books.

Having the "potential" for great things is what every drug overdosed teen in America has. A billion times a day kids all over the US are said to have such great potential or to be "really smart". But you know why they all end up working at UPS? Because they Lack the DESIRE, to be something more. Humans are naturally tend toward laziness, if you don't have DESIRE to fuel you beyond this innate characteristic, then you become yet another one of the millions of people with "alot of potential". But sadly Potential doesn't feed the kids and potential doesn't stop your country from being overran by the enemy.

The desire to fight back, the desire to improve, the desire to drag you hairy ass out of bed at fucking 4:30 in the freezing morning hours of the day to get to work on time is what feeds your ungrateful kids that are just chaulk full of "potintial".

When Derid takes his proper place as H.C. for the DF I want him to fucking desire it, like leading this faction is the air he breaths! I want him to wake up in the morning and be like, Fuck going to work, the city in game needs ALOT of upgrades and I need to organize which buildings get it first and where the NPCs will be located. He NEEDS TO DESIRE IT like if it was a real life responsibility, that people's lives depend on him, their homes and farms (DF is supposed to have farms at some point) When he's eating his cheerios at breakfast I want him tasting the conquest he's about to help lead in Darkfall, it needs to be a taste he loves a taste he can't do without, an addiction that he thinks about all day, he must Desire it like the lucky score after a prom date.

There is not a single self-made successful person in this world who got that way because he had all the potential in the world... they had potential that they turned into success through the effort that desire produces. You must have that catalyst to move to a higher plane or else you're just a fat lazy body of Potential energy sitting in place wasting time and space.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Thats right, dont go to work because you have to farm for the city. LOL

KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB Paladin
KGB Oracle Administrator
KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction